IGNORED

Di Canio Fuming At Party Culture

shepton red

PDC has rightly attacked players nonchalant attitude regarding the balance between playing football and partying. His anger seems well founded and is covered in the BBC website, can't link on my IPhone. Seems he has thrown down the gauntlet and challenged players to make a lifestyle choice, love him or loathe him, this particular crusade gets my vote.

The problem is that some players, and even fans on their behalf, completely fail to see that when your Employer is paying you forty big ones every week then you MAY, just may have to make one or two lifestyle sacrifices for the duration of your career.

Or perhaps I am talking rubbish and everyone, even footballers on forty grand per week, is entitled to "let off steam" and partake in a bit of powder therapy and gang rape of an evening.

Highly doubt that all footballers partake in drugs and gang rape tbh.

I doubt that very much too which is why I didn't say it. But if a small number do it and there is plenty of evidence available to suggest that they do then it's about time blokes like Di Canio were supported from within the game and measures put in place to make it much tougher for the "culprits" to find employment in the Football industry. How the likes of Titus Bramble has been able to carve out an extremely well paid career in football is beyond me.

Did Di canio go through his career practicing what he preaches or did he do all the things he is now so against??

I think you'll find he was very professional notwithstanding the odd moments of controversy he had. I cannot recall Manager's calling him unprofessional in terms of his attitude to football itself. But if there are examples of that then I stand corrected.

But notwithstanding what he did in his career he has learned lessons and he has every right to expect the highly paid people he is responsible for at the end of the day to turn up for training on time, for sick players to leave their phones on so that the club doctor can get hold of them and for players to wait until the end of the season before going on the lash.

It doesn't wash for players to use their Manager's behaviour of twenty years before as an excuse when they are getting £40K per week. Time for them to behave as what they are meant to be - professionals.

It makes me laugh that as soon as a Manager stands up to highly paid players taking liberties he is somehow wrong and needs to be put in his place!!

For me PDC has gone right up in my estimation and he is 100% correct, footballers are in the main ******* ignorant and because of the ridiculous wages that even the most average of prem players can earn, they know that even if their wild lifestyles curtail an already short career it dosen't matter because most of them will never have to lift a finger to ever have to work again.

Bardsley for instance has just come back from a long term injury and thinks that it's ok to go out on the lash 36 hours before a game FFS, professionals my arse. I hope PDC sticks to his guns and ships out every player who transgresses his rules, football is in great need of a wake up call and with big wages comes responsibility to abide by the rules as laid down by the club, perhaps certain clubs who continually blame everybody but the player himself should 'bite the bullet' as well, nobody should ever be bigger than the club.

For me PDC has gone right up in my estimation and he is 100% correct, footballers are in the main ******* ignorant and because of the ridiculous wages that even the most average of prem players can earn, they know that even if their wild lifestyles curtail an already short career it dosen't matter because most of them will never have to lift a finger to ever have to work again.

Bardsley for instance has just come back from a long term injury and thinks that it's ok to go out on the lash 36 hours before a game FFS, professionals my arse. I hope PDC sticks to his guns and ships out every player who transgresses his rules, football is in great need of a wake up call and with big wages comes responsibility to abide by the rules as laid down by the club, perhaps certain clubs who continually blame everybody but the player himself should 'bite the bullet' as well, nobody should ever be bigger than the club.

My mind changed about him in the Everton vs west ham game when he refused to score an easy winner

You won't ever see players like Rooney and Carroll do that

He is also 100% correct this time around

Don't see what money has to do with it? A moron on £40,000 p/w is nothing more than a wealthy moron.

Although Di'Canio has a point about professionalism, think if it wasn't that point it would be some other designed to put himself centre-stage.

He's something of a cross-breed of Balotelli and Skelator.

To this day I think the West Ham-Everton thing was nothing more than a mock-moralistic publicity stunt. Cringed, I did.

If Bardsley and Kilgallon play again for Sunderland then I'll be very surprised.

Sunderland fans will hear about these incidents in the press and then, all of a sudden, players will disappear for the first team set-up. Either because Di Canio no longer rates them or they've stepped out of line. At Town he simply got the board to pay them off (or ship them out on loan).

He got away with this at Swindon because a down-on-their-luck football club had started winning again. We'll take a long time to recover from his era (a lot is not his fault).

This is just the start dearest Mackems, this is just the start.

Completely agree, footballers and certain clubs need a large boot up the arse, maybe di canios attitude can be a catalyst for change

The long and the short of the problem is that they, some players, have forgotten where they have come from and the privileged life style they lead. The majority of us will work until we are 65, hopefully paying off the mortgage before we retire. They can have a portfolio of properties and live of that income with no other worries, paid for with the wages of their sporting prowess.

I am envious, but not bitter, they made a decision to become a pro, and all the potential failures and pitfalls that can bring.

But remember, work your socks off and demonstrate to the fans you are worth in excess of £4K per wk, and with 100% application fans will not care. Take the piss and go out boozing prior to games and the stance PDC has made is spot on. I think we know where the Ashton Gate jury is on the class of 2012/13.

If we had PDC at the Gate we'd have no problem complying with FFP.

He gives out fines like we concede goals, we'd probably have a wages to turnover of about 15%.

Agreed. I also happen to think we'd still be in the championship. Nothing against sod though and we MUST all give him time

Did Di canio go through his career practicing what he preaches or did he do all the things he is now so against??

He was well known at west ham for being the first on the training ground and the last off, there were a few players breaking into the first team at this time that saw this inspiration - Lampard, Rio, Cole, Carrick and Johnson. Try not to confuse his passion with being a cock all the time.

Thing is Bardsley and Killgallon in the main are pretty crap players therefore it would be very easy to get rid and replace them. Very easy for PDC to make a statement like this when the players in question aren't so valuable. It would be interesting to see if he had the same sentiments towards someone like A Johnson, Sessegnon or Fletcher if they were ever to act untoward.

He was well known at west ham for being the first on the training ground and the last off, there were a few players breaking into the first team at this time that saw this inspiration - Lampard, Rio, Cole, Carrick and Johnson. Try not to confuse his passion with being a cock all the time.

Looking at that list.. weird how certain academies seem to have these 'golden generations' of top players coming through at around the same time. Obviously Man Utd, that list of West Ham, probably now arguably Southampton. It can't be due to innate talent, surely that stays the same across time, got to be something to do with culture at certain times at clubs with good influences etc like Di Canio was.

Looking at that list.. weird how certain academies seem to have these 'golden generations' of top players coming through at around the same time. Obviously Man Utd, that list of West Ham, probably now arguably Southampton. It can't be due to innate talent, surely that stays the same across time, got to be something to do with culture at certain times at clubs with good influences etc like Di Canio was.

Possibly... You could say Cantona at Man Utd aswell. He was a huge influence when their crop came through in the early 90's.

He'll be gone by January 2014, far too controversial. Ticking time bomb.

You maybe right, but he is totally right in what he says, why do you think British players, who are by far the worst offenders of this sort of behaviour don't play abroad (well apart from not being good enough and being over paid over here) because the foreign clubs would not tolerate their unprofessional behaviour.

You maybe right, but he is totally right in what he says, why do you think British players, who are by far the worst offenders of this sort of behaviour don't play abroad (well apart from not being good enough and being over paid over here) because the foreign clubs would not tolerate their unprofessional behaviour.

Very correct but I think its fair to say the reason that most of them are not good enough to go abroad is because they act like this, its a negative cycle - they could be much better. In a week where Beckham resigned its clear to see where not acting like a dick but also not being the best player can get you if you get your head down.

The amount of money they earn is a very small part of the problem its attitude that needs addressing.

Archived