IGNORED

Di Canio Fuming At Party Culture

shepton red

Very correct but I think its fair to say the reason that most of them are not good enough to go abroad is because they act like this, its a negative cycle - they could be much better. In a week where Beckham resigned its clear to see where not acting like a dick but also not being the best player can get you if you get your head down.

The amount of money they earn is a very small part of the problem its attitude that needs addressing.

Very true and a longer career at or near the top.

Money is totally the problem and with the PFA with Taylor at the helm protecting/making excuses for them, the gravy train may well be heading for derailment and Taylor dosen't see it, the fans have had enough.

Di Canio is probably the most misunderstood player/manager i've ever known.

His Biography is a real eye opener and i recommend anyone to read it.

You'll certainly see him in a different light to what the press would have you believe.

As for professionalism...he maybe unconventional in many ways...but he was always the first at training and last to leave.

He always led and trained hard. He also has great respect for the fans and gives his time to them.

He has never acted like a prima donna... just many times overly enthusiastic and passionate.

He plays for his teams as if you or I were playing for BCFC. He plays with the passion of a fan.

Having met him twice at Formello training ground, you couldn't meet a nicer bloke.

He just doesn't suffer fools gladly, appreciates what trappings professional football brings and doesn't throw it back in the face of the long suffering fans.

Unfortunately the press will have you believe he's a raving lunatic Fascist. Read his book... he's not Fascist...but Roman...there is a big difference. His 'Salute' to the fans is Roman in origin.

Thing is Bardsley and Killgallon in the main are pretty crap players therefore it would be very easy to get rid and replace them. Very easy for PDC to make a statement like this when the players in question aren't so valuable. It would be interesting to see if he had the same sentiments towards someone like A Johnson, Sessegnon or Fletcher if they were ever to act untoward.

Yep. When he bombed out the fringe players (who he signed) at Swindon everyone was "finally some actual management" but when people like Paul Caddis were involved (a consummate professional) then people started asking questions.

Di Canio stripped the captaincy from Alan McCormack for visiting the doctors...

You maybe right, but he is totally right in what he says, why do you think British players, who are by far the worst offenders of this sort of behaviour don't play abroad (well apart from not being good enough and being over paid over here) because the foreign clubs would not tolerate their unprofessional behaviour.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with Di Canio with many of his viewpoints in regard to footballing matters anyway. It's just for all his passion and ruthlessness as a manager, which I admire, you can't help but feel he's about to do something stupid.

Heard on the radio this afternoon that the players are bringing the PFA in to fight their corner.

Hope that di-canio comes out the winner in this. About time some players had a wake up call.

You can just see Gordon Taylor now claiming that it is a footballers right to:-

Turn up late for training (as long as they arrive in the right half of the day obviously)

Not answer the phone to the club doctor for three hours when you have phoned in sick

Go on the lash 36 hours before a game

Take drugs

Join in with your mates for a bit of gang rape

Similar problems at QPR and Redknapp is doing something about it there too, how dare he - perhaps it was a coincidence both sides finished in the bottom four of the Premiership and nothing to do with the evident lack of professionalism (and humanity in one or two cases).

Di Canio is probably the most misunderstood player/manager i've ever known.

His Biography is a real eye opener and i recommend anyone to read it.

You'll certainly see him in a different light to what the press would have you believe.

As for professionalism...he maybe unconventional in many ways...but he was always the first at training and last to leave.

He always led and trained hard. He also has great respect for the fans and gives his time to them.

He has never acted like a prima donna... just many times overly enthusiastic and passionate.

He plays for his teams as if you or I were playing for BCFC. He plays with the passion of a fan.

Having met him twice at Formello training ground, you couldn't meet a nicer bloke.

He just doesn't suffer fools gladly, appreciates what trappings professional football brings and doesn't throw it back in the face of the long suffering fans.

Unfortunately the press will have you believe he's a raving lunatic Fascist. Read his book... he's not Fascist...but Roman...there is a big difference. His 'Salute' to the fans is Roman in origin.

Everyone should be made to read this before they are aloud to have an opinion on Di Canio. The whole fascist thing is a massive misunderstanding - the whole Roman salute and fascism in Italy being very different to fascism here - it just seems like the press wanted to have a go and make an example of him despite it being very easy to do a little research and find this out.

Archived