IGNORED

Residential Parking Zone In Around The Ground.

Geoff65

I live outside and it's too far for me to ride

The bus is too expensive so car is the only real option and what was **** trousers answer to that?

I should live closer to my place of work

This man will do more damage in his short time in charge the the entire hung council did in the last 10 years

Use the Park and Ride

Totally agree with you both in principle but before the RPZ we often couldn't park within half a mile or more of of home despite paying both taxes!

An extra 57p a week is well worth it, and how else could the problem be solved? Hopefully it will lead to more people using public transport and the gridlock in the city easing too.

I am not George Ferguson btw!

57p per week? Now 92p per week if GF gets his way, or £2.77 per week if you have two cars.

£4.60 for a Business permit, or £11.54 per week for two.

Oh, you have more than two employees who drive? well tough, you cant have any more!

57p per week? Now 92p per week if GF gets his way, or £2.77 per week if you have two cars.

£4.60 for a Business permit, or £11.54 per week for two.

Oh, you have more than two employees who drive? well tough, you cant have any more!

I'd happily pay 92p a week too, I used to waste far, far more than that in petrol trawling for somewhere to park. it's pennies a day.

I said in a post above that there is an impact on small businesses. More broadly the ultimate aim is is to get a far greater proportion of people to use public transport than just jump in the car isn't it; I bet the vast majority of people working anywhere near the city centre would be able to use buses were they more reliable and less expensive. The only way that's going to happen is if cars are reduced and the only way that will happen is to stop them from parking near the city centre.

It's a chicken and egg situation and the Mayor obviously thinks it's worth the political fallout this early in his term to try and force a breakthrough.

Surely it's the employee's responsibility to get to work, not the city council or indeed the business owner's responsibility to provide them with a parking space?!

There isn't a park and ride in Portishead

There is one at the end of the portway, just a quick trip over the Avonmouth bridge.

I don't blame you though, public transport is woeful. Then again I would be mighty pissed off if commuters parked all up my road, that said i converted my front garden into a driveway and had a garage built. So I really couldn't give a flying **** about any of this :)

I live in Cotham and we've had an RPZ since December.

I was completely against it, and said many of the things people are on here and opponents in the city generally are now but I must say that it has been brilliant. Before it could take ages to find a space on roads anywhere near ours due to students with 6 cars to a house leaving them in the streets unmoved for whole terms, and commuters coming from outside of the city, taking advantage of free parking close to the centre whilst contributing nothing to Bristol in terms of council tax or parking charges. Now we are able to park close to home and save about an hour a day hunting for somewhere to park.

I realise this may not be a popular opinion on here but I reckon if you asked anyone who now lives in an existing RPZ if it has improved living in the area they would give you an unequivocal yes. I suppose the debate is rather will this work in all of the new proposed RPZs and the impact on small businesses.

And as mentioned above it only runs 9-5 Monday- Friday so would have zero effect on parking for football at AG.

It's just a bit of a nightmare for nurses and doctors that don't have parking at the hospitals nearby.

My wife now walks in from Totterdown, not a hardship I know but better than smelly public transport.

It's just a bit of a nightmare for nurses and doctors that don't have parking at the hospitals nearby.

My wife now walks in from Totterdown, not a hardship I know but better than smelly public transport.

That's it in a nutshell though isn't it, before the RPZ your wife and many other workers in that area would have just driven and parked in the streets so residents found it impossible when they are all able to get there by other means.

No offence intended, just illustrating the point.

Looks like February 2014 when it comes into effect around Ashton Gate ie Winterstoke Road area so something has to be sorted out by then or it will effect attendances

As mentioned above, the schemes only run Monday- Friday 09.00- 17.00 so it won't have any impact on parking at AG.

That's it in a nutshell though isn't it, before the RPZ your wife and many other workers in that area would have just driven and parked in the streets so residents found it impossible when they are all able to get there by other means.

As mentioned above, the schemes only run Monday- Friday 09.00- 17.00 so it won't have any impact on parking at AG.

Thats not true. They can run at any time according to the needs of locals

No offence taken. Hospitals should provide enough parking for frontline workers. I suppose the problem is the Bri is a Victorian hospital with no parking and they shoe horned in the kids hospital. I understand your gripe though. Living in totterdown we have the same problem, people parking to use temple meads or to walk into town. Southville must be a nightmare as well

There is one at Long Ashton too. No reason not to use either of them.

Apart from the cost of getting to them

If public transport Was a reasonable cost people would use it the mayor should work to make transport affordable for all beofre brining in another stealth tax on the already stretched people of Bristol

This isn't London we don't get a higher wage we just can't afford it

Why not build a new stadium and have a park and ride next to it.Why hasn't anybody thought of this?It would also create a lot of jobs which would be very handy.Ashton vale would do as its only an ex rubbish dump and surely nobody could argue with that.Its just a thought.What do u think?

Why not build a new stadium and have a park and ride next to it.Why hasn't anybody thought of this?It would also create a lot of jobs which would be very handy.Ashton vale would do as its only an ex rubbish dump and surely nobody could argue with that.Its just a thought.What do u think?

Bloody brilliant idea. I'm sure the locals would be right behind it too!

Don't some clubs do a deal with their local bus companies offering free travel on match days with their season tickets? As our glorious Mayor is off on a jolly to Brussels today promoting Bristol as a Green City he may have missed a trick here.

Archived