IGNORED

Five Years Ago Today....

BS4 on Tour...

.....seems mad that it was 5 years ago today we lost to that Dean Windass mishit 'skluff' (skluff??!!) at Wembley....such a shame we haven't moved on and are back where GJ found us.

That 5 year period seems like a failed relationship - where you realise you didn't really make any progress and end up wondering whether it was a waste of a large percentage of your life!

It just seems such a long time ago, and what a bumpy ride we've had since on and off the field. Look at Hull compared to us since, who would have thought it would pan out like this.

Suppose we had better wait and see what the next 5 years brings and revisit this thread again then!

That's football - at the time we all loved going to AG and felt proud of our team. How things can change so quickly. It was also five years ago that Pompey win the FA Cup and qualified for Europe....

Football goes in cycles and our time will come again pretty soon, I reckon.

But 27 years ago today city beat Bolton 3-0 to win the freight rover! Then 26 years ago today lost to Mansfield on pens. Good times

Bloody hell was it really 27 years ago, I remember that well, the good old Freight Rover stuff.

Anyone remember the shiny new freight rover mini bus we got as well :laugh: they drove it around the outside of the pitch.....

Odd as i can hardly remember what I did yesterday but can recall that day vividly

Bloody hell was it really 27 years ago, I remember that well, the good old Freight Rover stuff.

Anyone remember the shiny new freight rover mini bus we got as well :laugh: they drove it around the outside of the pitch.....

Odd as i can hardly remember what I did yesterday but can recall that day vividly

Yeah I struggle to remember recent stuff but I remember getting my Mexico 86 sticker album when we got into the ground and the 'Alan Walsh walks on cider' banner!

It went downhill the minute we decided to buy the wedding ring from pound stretchers' and instead of the promised world tour we went direct to Benidorm, on to the big day, the best man was ill, the bridesmaid tripped on the brides dress smacking her cheek on the font, the Bride didn't want Brigit Neilson as reserve bridesmaid, as it was the vicar had a penchant for cross dressing and it was decided he'd be the better option, the Paige boy performed the wedding ceremony.

But 27 years ago today city beat Bolton 3-0 to win the freight rover! Then 26 years ago today lost to Mansfield on pens. Good times

I'll never forget Riley's celebration when he scored the 3rd.. sliding across the turf with his back bolt upright... good job the grass was wet that day or it would have been right painful. On a par with Roberts' slider when he scored the winner over hartlepools to send us to wemberly. I feel League 1 next season is gonna have some thrills and spills like those happy days

Wasn't our Captain that day a certain David Moyes?

It just seems such a long time ago, and what a bumpy ride we've had since on and off the field. Look at Hull compared to us since, who would have thought it would pan out like this.

Suppose we had better wait and see what the next 5 years brings and revisit this thread again then!

Anyone with any experience of following city!

.....seems mad that it was 5 years ago today we lost to that Dean Windass mishit 'skluff' (skluff??!!) at Wembley....such a shame we haven't moved on and are back where GJ found us.

That 5 year period seems like a failed relationship - where you realise you didn't really make any progress and end up wondering whether it was a waste of a large percentage of your life!

Do you mean scuff?

The thing I remember well was that rather well endowed young lady flashing her T1Ts

every time we scored for the spot. The crowd did respond very well to this gesture.

I can remember the same thing, though not sure if it’s the same woman. The one I saw travelled on a coach to / from the game with a group of my friends and provided a lot of “entertainment” on the journey.

Yes and we still have Fontaine, Carey, Elliot and Nyatanga and until recently Skuse. No wonder we have been going backwards ever since.

We need to replace all these players with better quality. Although Carey has been a very good servant, it is time to move on.

First thought wheneve that game is mentioned is Adebola and that chance he misses after 2 or 3 minutes, how different that game and our next 5 years could have been.that windass goal was a mile offside anyway (in my personal dream world).

This simply highlights the Board's abject failure in the last 5 years to move the club forward from that disappointment. As it turned out we went backwards, spiralling towards the drop again. The turning point, for me, was Johnson overstaying his tenure, and the Board's 'cheap option' after they were let down by Coppell.

The blame lies squarely at the feet of the Board, in not obtaining the services of a quality manager who could rebuild the team for another assault on the Chamionship promotion race. As it was we got a damp squib in Millen, who struggled to put out any team capable of challenging, and the subsequent error by the Board in appointing a promising, but completely inexperienced (at Championship level), manager in McInnes.

I'm still not convinced that the Board have done the right thing with O'Driscoll!

(NB. When I say 'Board', I mean, of course, Steve Lansdown).

Archived