IGNORED

Albert's Asking Price

eric04

What's saying if we go up next season he won't resign with us for our season back in the championship?

So we get nothing for him as he goes of on a free tfr, because we are pinning our hopes on automatic promotion... I guess we could also all sit on the sofa everyday with no income/pension in the hope of winning the lottery....

Got to sell this season. He's out of contract at the end of next season and we would be idiots to let him go for nothing.

If we keep him and he gets us back in the championship then goes on a free, are we still idiots then...?

So we get nothing for him as he goes of on a free tfr, because we are pinning our hopes on automatic promotion... I guess we could also all sit on the sofa everyday with no income/pension in the hope of winning the lottery....

Hey get off , that's my plan.

He is only worth 1.5 million if we are lucky, it's all paper talk last season he was worth 2.5-3.5 million, let me honest he is a one trick pony and there are far better players out there from 2 million.. Cash in and let SOD show his worth by getting better young players who want to play every minute they can for the club

The way he played after Christmas I think he's only worth about 500k, I expect a deal to be which we leave us with close on a million after extra's etc, agreed top asset at league 1 but I don't think SOD rates him to fit into his plans etc, he'll be gone.

If we keep him and he gets us back in the championship then goes on a free, are we still idiots then...?

If he goes for nothing yes we are. We never choose the right time to sell, we always seem to leave it too late. Your best players should never be in a situation where there is just 1 year remaining.

He's said he has his sights on playing in the Prem one day, I personally don't think he's anywhere near good enough to be any teams regular pick in the top flight apart from say a team just promoted.

If he goes for nothing yes we are. We never choose the right time to sell, we always seem to leave it too late. Your best players should never be in a situation where there is just 1 year remaining.

He's said he has his sights on playing in the Prem one day, I personally don't think he's anywhere near good enough to be any teams regular pick in the top flight apart from say a team just promoted.

If he gets us back into the championship and then leaves on a free then thats good for me....

I don't believe the 'London press' when they say City would be prepared to take 1m for Albert.

Why would we? Palace are far from the only team said to be interested and Albert's a top Championship player and worth far more.

If you really want him Hollowhead, start the bidding at 2m.

I'd take £1.5M, no less. We even rejected a reported £6.5M bid for Maynard when he was in a similar situation (albeit it didn't end well, due to Nicky messing the club around in a way Albert never would).

Whatever the outcome, it's sure going to be a sad day when Albert does leave.

If he gets us back into the championship and then leaves on a free then thats good for me....

So if we keep him and we finish mid table and leaves for nothing are you still pleased?

My thoughts are fans are falling into the same trap that has dogged us for many years, believing we just need to turn up and we will get promotion. Transforming this gutless pile of crap into a promotion winning side is going to take more than a pre season, regardless of Albert being here or not.

Potentially losing out on a fee which can pay for some of the rebuild is madness, Albert is not going to be with us after next season anyway, he wants potentially bigger things. He alone wont drag us up, no matter how good he is.

We take what ever the club deems suitable

That could be 100k to 5 million we just don't know

Albert may not want to leave ether,

Etherway I'm not too bothered he's always given his all and whether he leaves on a free or for millions I will thank him for the small bright spot in a otherwise crap 3 year period

He is only worth 1.5 million if we are lucky, it's all paper talk last season he was worth 2.5-3.5 million, let me honest he is a one trick pony and there are far better players out there from 2 million.. Cash in and let SOD show his worth by getting better young players who want to play every minute they can for the club

Not disagreeing with the fact he won't be worth any more than 1.5m, But what players are could you get that are better in his position for 1.5-2m?

I'm struggling to think of any stand out players, El-Mohammady of Hull maybe? If your lucky

Archived