IGNORED

Albert's Asking Price

eric04

Lets face it and lets be honest, we have done it to other clubs nicking their prize assets for toffies because they were in a shitty league, and now were going to have it done to us its all part of the parcel of being relegated sorry.

No it wouldn't, Albert's an outstanding player who will have numerous suitors.

For whatever reason you can't find it in yourself to appreciate him, but in my experience of talking to fans at AG you're very much in the minority.

Outstanding is over the top he's a decent player who has been made to look better by what he has had playing around him. Still too inconsistent with his delivery n finishing at times also a liability defensively. Would be amazed to see anything over 1.5m for him.

People claiming he's as good or better than zaha though are having a laugh i have family who are ST holders at palace n state zaha has 3 men on him the whole game every game Albert may get this treatment occasionally but not to that extent.

It is a fact that if/when Albert is sold it will free up his wages to fund incoming players and add 60% of the transfer fee to the SCMP wages budget. How desperate we are to sell will therefore depend on:

• how secure our revenue projections without the supplement of Albert's transfer fee; and
  • whether the 12% uncommitted (based on SO'D's indication that 88% was already committed) is already exhausted in offers to LN, LC and the new signing from Arsenal

It is my understanding that unless:

1. we are able to convince the League that our revenue projections are achievable; and
  2. there is sufficient spare capacity in the SCMP budget calculated on these revenue projections

we will be actively prevented (by embargo) from registering the lad from Arsenal, Flint or anyone else (e.g. a keeper) when the window opens in July.

My biggest concern is that SO'D's reassurance that there remains uncommitted scope in the SCMP budget is based on an unachievable revenue projection or even that the revenue projection already includes forecast transfer fees for Albert and perhaps others. If my fears are realised we will be playing catch-up from the outset.

Lets face it and lets be honest, we have done it to other clubs nicking their prize assets for toffies because they were in a shitty league, and now were going to have it done to us its all part of the parcel of being relegated sorry.

Sorry could you give an example?

I always remember us overpaying for carp players :(

Outstanding is over the top he's a decent player who has been made to look better by what he has had playing around him. Still too inconsistent with his delivery n finishing at times also a liability defensively. Would be amazed to see anything over 1.5m for him.

People claiming he's as good or better than zaha though are having a laugh i have family who are ST holders at palace n state zaha has 3 men on him the whole game every game Albert may get this treatment occasionally but not to that extent.

Outstanding he is - that's my opinion after watching him for 3 seasons, and that's not just comparing him with his often incompetent team mates. On numerous occasions he has been the outstanding player on the pitch, not just in the City team, and is extremely highly rated by fans of our divisional rivals.

Comparisons with Zaha are valid. Zaha may well be a better all round player and triple marked ( not so sure about triple, but there we are) but we know Albert is almost always considered such a threat that he has 2 men on him all match. We also know that, up until the play offs at least, Albert's record for goals and assists compared favourably with Zaha.

Zaha's fee is ridiculously inflated of course, but for City to sell Albert for a fraction of Zaha's fee, and for the first offer of 1M, would be utter negligence by the board. It's not often City have prized assets, this time the board have to hold their nerve, play interested clubs off against each other, and hold out for the sort of deal a player of Alberts' talents merits.

I still maintain that's 2m. minimum plus add ons, we shall see how the board play this.

So Palace play against teams with 7 outfield players other than those marking Zaha ?

I don't think so, he will have had the same treatment as Adomah.

It'll be interesting to see how Zaha does in the Premier League, from what I've seen of him he has a long way to go but has the attributes to be very successful. His stats aren't as good as Adomahs (in a struggling team) so it would be interesting to see Adomah in a decent team to see just how far he could go. But I think, with the right management and equally decent players around him, Adomah could play in the Premier League no problem.

Zaha or Adomah ? Zaha purely because his potential is greater than Adomah, but there's no difference at this time imo.

That's what I've been told and from what I've seen on tv what happens they have also said that his form dipped after signing for utd more than likely affected his head. But even when not playing well teams would still worry creating space for bolasie n Murray to exploit ( interestingly all my family who watch palace have said bolasie has been their player of the season n can't believe we sold him so cheaply).

I think Adomah will play in the prem at some point I agree but I do not think he's ready yet as his final delivery is not up to that standard yet. He also needs to improve on his consistency as for every great game he has he has several where he is non existent. Will be interesting to see him in a better team that's for sure.

No it wouldn't, Albert's an outstanding player who will have numerous suitors.

For whatever reason you can't find it in yourself to appreciate him, but in my experience of talking to fans at AG you're very much in the minority.

You have taken comments out of context.

My point was that in order to have a bidding war, you need two or more clubs to make bids.

Now, to my knowledge, nobody has come forward with a single bid for Adomah,

With City needing to cut costs in order to comply with the FFP/FPP whatever, they need to offload what they can, Hence my "CAR BOOT" Comment?

Apologies to all CAR BOOTERS, or Footballers who may have taken offence.

I did say it was my opinion.

But, just because we have to pay Barnet a %age of any fee, doesn't mean we can expect any club to pay over the odds.

Whilst admitting in my previous post that he is a match winner (on his day), the fact that he has won fans "polls" could be down to the fact that all our other players are complete dross.

When he first came into our side, he had a raw talent and showed a lot of potential, and took the step from 4th Division to Championship football almost in his stride.

Unfortunately, and again, it's only my opinion, but since then, he hasn't fulfilled that early promise, or potential.

Since Mr O' Driscoll arrived, he hasn't been a regular starter, and with this in mind, I seriously think City should seriously consider any bid which is made for him; Regardless of whether it be £500,000, £750,000 or £1,000,000 but, I can't see any club paying "over the odds" during the close season for any player.

Football is a game of opinions Nogbad, and I think we'll have to agree to disagree on Albert Adomah.

arpaul, you are not allowed to have an opinion on this forum. If you do have a different opinion to some then you must be on crack, they are not bright enough to counter with a footballing reason. I agree with you though pal, he has not fulfilled his potential.

And if you are on crack then that is their opinion.

Archived