IGNORED

Paul Trollope And Keith Millen

Boring football and bottom four (I think) when he left. We had a big budget at the time and it wasn't being utilised well.

At least that was in League One. Where are you now?

Trollope could've kept you up but instead you made a laughable appointment of your own in that Muppet of a 'club legend' of yours (whose name I honestly can't recall) who made sure you got relegated in suitably embarrassing fashion...you should've kept Penney

Tinnion missed the play-offs in his first season in charge (04-05) by 3 points if I recall correctly. Lansdown did not allow him to sign an experienced number 2 .... he had to make do with Millen.

Tinnion hardly had the team pushing for relegation - he was sacked after a 7-1 defeat away at Swansea that was barely 1/4 of the way into the season.

Tinnion should always be viewed as a legend here ..... a bit of luck and a hardman no.2 and things could have worked out differently.

I'm wasn't aware of Tinnion expressing a desire to sign anyone other than Millen. But I agree, we did need an old head to be assistant. Also, for what its worth, I thought Millen should've gone when Tinnion did. I've always had that opinion.

At least that was in League One. Where are you now?

Trollope could've kept you up but instead you made a laughable appointment of your own in that Muppet of a 'club legend' of yours (whose name I honestly can't recall) who made sure you got relegated in suitably embarrassing fashion...you should've kept Penney

We would have gone to league 2 with or without Trolls, he'd taken us a far as he could and should have moved on for his and our sake at the start of that season, signing players like Blizzard, destroying confidence of players like Andy Williams, and never giving youth a chance, he didn't know when to make a substitution and his signings were at there very best rank average and he lived off the team that Atkins put in place ( most of which got us up in 2007)

Trollope is a nice guy and nice guys normally make good assistants especially in a good cop bad cop type thing,

Personally i'd have stuck with Penney, he was sold down the river by a group of players that knew that were heading for the dole if he remained and they point blank stopped playing, I'd have stuck with him and had the clear out of players with him in charge instead of Buckle .

Tinnion was your Holloway moment, he may go on to be great in coaching/management but he was too close to the club at that time and too in experienced and Millen and then Coppell were the appointments of a chairman out of his depth football wise at two ends of a huge scale , one a clubman and prob mate of the chairman , the next a name to appease the fans perceived needs

On Paper Mciness and Buckle appeared good choices for both clubs ... both were infact sh..i..te

Both clubs i believe have now got the right men in charge!

Archived