IGNORED

Adomahs Price Slashed By City?

The only way albert will be here next season is if nobody comes in for him and that would be a big surprise. I don't wanna see us turn down a £1m offer (or more) and having a unhappy player kept here when he naturally wants to progress his own career.much better to sell and hopefully spend the money on 2 or 3 players who see us as a step forwards in their careers not backwards.there's some very good players around in league 1 and as one of the biggest next season we would be an attractive proposition for good young players who are looking to progress.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the contract. I'd be very surprised if talks haven't taken place with Adomah's agent and, to counter your examples, talks happened with Maynard well before his contract expired and Elliott signed a contract extension mid-contract so the club have been known to offer contracts before they expire but obviously neither I nor you know for sure so I'd just be speculating if I kept arguing with you about that.

Re the second point. I'm happy to leave it up to SOD to decide what's beneficial to the club. As I say, I'm not suggesting we should accept an offer of £1 million - I'm just saying I don't expect we'll be offered more than that. I'm quite happy for us to keep Adomah and him to go on a free next season if that's what the club decide to do - I just think that we need to be realistic that multi-million pound bids for him may not come.

With regard to the last point about helping the team to earn points, that's the bit I'm less sure on. There's no doubt at all Adomah is one of our most talented players and probably our most talented but the three seasons he was at the club were our three worst in the Championship. Similarly his assist and goal record is good but the team's assist goal record during his time here has been poor. I'm not suggesting that's Adomah's fault - it isn't - but the idea that he has an intrinsic value in earning the team points is undermined by the fact that the team simply haven't been earning many points over the last three seasons.

As I say, I'm not denying Adomah's talent and I'm happy for him to stay but the idea that he's central to us playing well is undermined by our failure to play well collectively during his time here. I don't necessarily blame him for that but clearly SOD needs to change the system and, if he decides that means cashing in on Albert then that's his decision to make. I'm not saying it's the right decision but I'd rather a manager try to actually change things and build a collective system of playing than carrying on with the disorganisation and lack of vision of recent years.

No way should we accept 1 million. Despite only having a year left, Maynard had 6 months and we still got about 2 million. 1.5 million should be minimum for him. Albert gets 5-10 goals a season and about 10 assists in our shower of a team. I'd love to see what he can do in a good team.

All depends on how we plan to set up. No point in selling our best winger, unless, of course, we don't intend on playing wingers!

A lot of people saying SOD doesn't play wingers. And i think Albert is a luxury player. If we plan on playing a creative midfielder (SODs style surely suggests we will) we can't afford to have a passenger in adomah when defending.

Having said all that, he's the most entertaining and fun player at the club and i hope we don't sell! :P

Nonsense. Look at the backlash players get here if they don't want to turn out for England. No player should be criticised for wanting to play international football. That said, I agree the scheduling doesn't do any favours for clubs or for African footballers and some agreement should be worked out so it works better with other national/club football calendars but that's not the players' faults.

I think the ACON does put a few teams off bidding higher as they know they will be missing key players through a crucial part of the season. I believe as well there are plans for in the future to hold it every year there's not a World Cup.

All reports so far on adomah seem to suggest that clubs are willing to pay about a million but not prepared to pay 2 million +.again the accuracy of these reports can be questioned but I do believe that we will do well to get anything over 1.5 million for him n with his contract situation holding out could be detrimental to the amount we get.

Also Looking back over the past few summers a decent proven championship winger such as Noone and Buckley generally go for about a million so wouldn't be surprised if we accept an offer around that amount.

I'm not big on the old Albert love-in and would take a million and wish him the best.

Maybe playing amongst better players would enable him to not regularly run the ball straight into touch and I know the statistics were better than Zaha's but in a midfield of Skuse, Elliott, Pearson and Killkenny and their respective allergies to taking responsibility of a football kinda forced Albert into contributing a bit more.

Above average championship player amongst a shit lot, imo.

Could be very useful in League1 though but I'd be laughing at £2M or £1M plus add-ons..

Handpicking exceptionally shit business dealings such as Carrol and Cotterill don't score many debating points, imo.

Time will tell on Albert an I'd be happy to be proved wrong, just think his footballing intelligence and all-round inconsistency limit his potential.

Ramble over.

Nonsense. Look at the backlash players get here if they don't want to turn out for England. No player should be criticised for wanting to play international football. That said, I agree the scheduling doesn't do any favours for clubs or for African footballers and some agreement should be worked out so it works better with other national/club football calendars but that's not the players' faults.

Dont turn out during a 2 week international break or every 2 years in the summer?

ACON is slap bang in the crucial part of the season for month and a half 2months.

How you can compare England or nonACON players to ACON players is just baffling.

Yes - a million for Albert would be good business.

Why keep a player who the manager feels is a problem fit for the team, why turn down the opportunity for a million pounds when it has a large debt, and why not have the added benefit of making a saving on the wage bill? Seems like common sense to me.

Albert was as much a liability as an asset to the team - exciting - yes, great to watch - yes, good skills - yes, but he very often tried to take on three men, or go for one tackle too many and thus invariably losing the ball and putting us under pressure. Unfortunately he is a luxury we cannot afford for this coming season. Like it or not we will be a poor (financially) 1st Div club and must cut our cloth accordingly.

Yes - a million for Albert would be good business.

Why keep a player who the manager feels is a problem fit for the team, why turn down the opportunity for a million pounds when it has a large debt, and why not have the added benefit of making a saving on the wage bill? Seems like common sense to me.

Albert was as much a liability as an asset to the team - exciting - yes, great to watch - yes, good skills - yes, but he very often tried to take on three men, or go for one tackle too many and thus invariably losing the ball and putting us under pressure. Unfortunately he is a luxury we cannot afford for this coming season. Like it or not we will be a poor (financially) 1st Div club and must cut our cloth accordingly.

If we're going to be a 'poor 1st Div. club' all the more reason to ensure we maximise on our assets. Albert is proven, and universally accepted, as one of the best and most productive players in his position in the Championship. A player who has not looked out of place in international football.

Two PL clubs are definitely interested in Albert, quite possibly more.

The price goes up if he's wanted in the top league, not down for a 'quick sale', and the bidding should start no lower than 2m.

The big problem is as someone else pointed out in this thread - hold out for and not get any offers? Keep him and he gets injured (hopefully not of course) and his value becomes zero, or come to the end of the 2013/2014 season with no offers and he leaves for nothing. Everybody is missing the point - SOD has as much said that it is difficult finding a place for him in the team - why will it be different for the coming season? SOD clearly sees his shortcomings as many on this forum do, Good player for the right club, I just do not believe we are the right club. I say the club should cash in now - money in the hand.... and a further reduction in the wage bill, and money available to start to strengthen - and get cover as well, for the weaker areas of the team.

2 Premier League clubs then you find out its Cardiff and Crystal Palace :D

Not even had a game in the prem let alone a season and its '''2Prem teams want him!!!!''

Every Premier League player has a first game and a first season. Clearly Palace are interested and its not a stretch to think Hull and cardiff would be too, plus a few others

At a million pound we might as well keep him and have him here to benefit ourselves. If he helps towards promotion it would be worth more than the million pound we would have sold him for.

SoD will not keep an unhappy player and will want to bring in players. He obviously has a problem having AA in his vision of the team and as such the player will go IMO. Hopefully for more than a million

?

yeh your right lets turn down a million and have albert as first and second choice gk, as cover for cb and lets have albert in midfield as well.

lets sack sod and have albert as player manager and then how about albert just runs the club

yeh your right lets turn down a million and have albert as first and second choice gk, as cover for cb and lets have albert in midfield as well.

lets sack sod and have albert as player manager and then how about albert just runs the club

Ah right. I see what facepalm means now. :) it means a sarcastic rant!

Seems you read a lot into a question mark.

2 Premier League clubs then you find out its Cardiff and Crystal Palace :D

Not even had a game in the prem let alone a season and its '''2Prem teams want him!!!!''

In your haste for hilarity you seem to have - deliberately? - missed the point.

Those 2 clubs are now PL clubs, so are now swimming in cash and desperate to add to their squads.

You don't sell cheap if you've got PL clubs keen on your players, you make them pay through the nose.

Those 2 clubs are now PL clubs, so are now swimming in cash and desperate to add to their squads.

You don't sell cheap if you've got PL clubs keen on your players PL clubs, you make them pay through the nose.

Cardiff are swimming in cash any way

Palace can stretch to a mill or 2 any way

Lets get real Adomah is no Bale or moses even

Very astute ploy by City to send out this message knowing that several clubs will be very interested in a 'cut price' talent like Albert. This will create a very healthy (for City that is) price war between the likes of Cardiff, Palace & Southampton and push that final price way beyond the 1 Million sum.

You don't sell cheap if you've got PL clubs keen on your players, you make them pay through the nose.

Depends how interested they are though. If they think he's a must-have talent then of course making them pay through the nose'll work. If he represents a cut-price squad player if he's going cheap then they'll just walk away. OldlandsReddies is right that this could suddenly spark a bidding war but three teams willing to spend a million on a player doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay interested if the price tag shoots up.

Well Albert's price shouldn't be slashed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22735124

One of the worst left back performances from a visiting team at AG has got himself a move to Fiorentina.

Adomah ran this guy ragged and made him look nothing more than a Conference standard rookie.

I have read through this thread and saw what can only be described as bitter comments.

Adomah is better than any player in this seasons squad and deserves top level football. He'll flourish in a good side.

Like any player, he needs confidence and freedom to play his game. Harsh to say but he didn't really fit into our team when SO'D came in. Not a 'position' type player, likes freedom (as mentioned).

We couldn't offer that freedom as we simply don't/didn't have enough quality players.

Just like how Davies has been rated by many, he is shit when up front on his own, whereas someone like Stead did the exact job we needed.

The player needs to be played the right way in the right team. So for those who don't rate good old Albert, then boo to you. Get some education too ;)

In the Sky Sports Paper Talk from the Sun Cardiff and Palace are said to be battling it out for Albert 2.5m. I'll take that!!

That's a bit more like it.

And to think some fans on here thought we'd be lucky to get 500k., and many more stated they would snap the hands off the first club to offer 1m. for 'such an over rated player'. :whistle2:

Archived