IGNORED

Moyes Brings In Neville

CheddarReds

Everton are the fourth biggest club in England in terms of league titles won, behind the mancs, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Yes, but you say SO'D managed a big club because he was manager at Florist.

Everton are roughly the 6th biggest club consistency wise at the moment.

I'm assuming this was probably all planned months ago. Hence why Neville didn't sign a new contract and announced he was leaving.

You'd have thought perhaps Neville would have showed a bit of loyalty and signed a contract so that United had to pay Everton a fee, but then with Moyes being the affected manager in both parts of that equation I guess that answers itself!

I'm assuming this was probably all planned months ago. Hence why Neville didn't sign a new contract and announced he was leaving.

You'd have thought perhaps Neville would have showed a bit of loyalty and signed a contract so that United had to pay Everton a fee, but then with Moyes being the affected manager in both parts of that equation I guess that answers itself!

I don't think Neville was offered a contract. He hasn't had the best of seasons.

I don't think Neville was offered a contract. He hasn't had the best of seasons.

In a round-a-bout way that was sort of my point. Who didn't offer him a contract? The same man that has now taken over at United and offered him a coaching role.

This would have all been planned months ago I imagine.

In a round-a-bout way that was sort of my point. Who didn't offer him a contract? The same man that has now taken over at United and offered him a coaching role.

This would have all been planned months ago I imagine.

Everton didn't offer him a contract.

I doubt it was planned cause Neville was considering going to another team, possibly the USA.

I highly doubt it was planned months ago, Fergie didn't tell anyone he was retiring until the other week.

, Fergie didn't tell anyone he was retiring until the other week.

My little theory is that Fergie had planned to retire at 70 but Aguerrrrooooooo kinda ruined him going out with Manchester United as champions so he gave it another year to put things right (or wrong, depending on your stance).

This would help explain why Manchester United were so clinical in their winning off the league this year - (there was no defeat at Wigan or allowing Everton back from 4-2 down, for example), why Fergie was so distraught at the manner of their European exit and why Moyes delayed and delayed his contract negotiation at Everton.

Add to this Moyes and Fergie have been bum-boys for years developed a blossoming relationship, I would very much doubt that nobody knew what was going on a lot earlier than the public did. Call me a crackpot conspiracest if you like but the logic is spelt out.

Everton didn't offer him a contract.

I doubt it was planned cause Neville was considering going to another team, possibly the USA.

I highly doubt it was planned months ago, Fergie didn't tell anyone he was retiring until the other week.

No way was the fergie moyes thing a last minute thing. I bet this has been rumbling on a good year behind the scenes

Brave from Moyes, if he had gone in and kept the same staff he would have been given the benefit of the doubt no matter how results at the start of the season went. Changing a winning formula may be making a rod for his own back...

Also, how are Man Utd players, many who played with Phil Neville going to react when their first team coach is replaced by an United cast off who was never good enough to play for them or England?

Big Call. Next Season's PL is going to be very interesting.

Brave from Moyes, if he had gone in and kept the same staff he would have been given the benefit of the doubt no matter how results at the start of the season went. Changing a winning formula may be making a rod for his own back...

Also, how are Man Utd players, many who played with Phil Neville going to react when their first team coach is replaced by an United cast off who was never good enough to play for them or England?

A total non argument my friend quite few of the great coaches have been average or below average players, Mourhino and of course Ferguson himself and whatever anyone thinks about either of the Neville brothers (mind you usually totally clouded by manu hatred) they have both been excellent professionals who always gave 100% every time they took to the field, something many modern day pros could never claim.

PS:- Just show them the medals, he will have more than many of the younger players and far more than RVP.

I think Moyes is going to need all the protection and trust he can obtain. Neville was his golden-boy anyway as he was such a model professional plus he's bound to be held in high-esteem at Manchester United due to his routes, I would expect.

A total non argument my friend quite few of the great coaches have been average or below average players, Mourhino and of course Ferguson himself and whatever anyone thinks about either of the Neville brothers (mind you usually totally clouded by manu hatred) they have both been excellent professionals who always gave 100% every time they took to the field, something many modern day pros could never claim.

PS:- Just show them the medals, he will have more than many of the younger players and far more than RVP.

Going out of his way to goad Liverpool fans ahead of celebrating with his own, petulant sending-offs, having a threatening conversation with a teenage boy leaked on the internet and being an all round cock-head aside I do agree about Gary Neville. He was generally more professional than a lot of footballers especially regarding training etc, apparently. Think Fergie's tyranny enforced that. Surprisingly not too much of a nause on Sky, s'pect he's under strict orders not to be a dick head.

I think he needs experience around him. You have to remember Moyes has never managed a big club before.

I'm assuming this is a reference to Rafa Big Tez's sly dig at Everton being a 'small club' whilst in charge at L'pool?.....I got it (I think) ;-)

I think Moyes is going to need all the protection and trust he can obtain. Neville was his golden-boy anyway as he was such a model professional plus he's bound to be held in high-esteem at Manchester United due to his routes, I would expect.

Going out of his way to goad Liverpool fans ahead of celebrating with his own, petulant sending-offs, having a threatening conversation with a teenage boy leaked on the internet and being an all round cock-head aside I do agree about Gary Neville. He was generally more professional than a lot of footballers especially regarding training etc, apparently. Think Fergie's tyranny enforced that. Surprisingly not too much of a nause on Sky, s'pect he's under strict orders not to be a dick head.

of course footballers are in the main dicks, he is building a teletubby house FFS, but Gary's involvement in the England set up dosen't seem to have caused any problems.

Phil Neville is as revered by Everton fans as he is by Manu and bearing in mind the hatred between the clubs that is no mean feat, especially given their hatred of Rooney who is a real dick and the reception they gave Moyes at his last game even though they knew he was Manu bound, proves that many football fans know when to be thankful.

of course footballers are in the main dicks, he is building a teletubby house FFS, but Gary's involvement in the England set up dosen't seem to have caused any problems.

Phil Neville is as revered by Everton fans as he is by Manu and bearing in mind the hatred between the clubs that is no mean feat, especially given their hatred of Rooney who is a real dick and the reception they gave Moyes at his last game even though they knew he was Manu bound, proves that many football fans know when to be thankful.

In P Neville's leaving tribute he said he never thought he'd ever feel as at home anywhere as he did at Manchester United but after a difficult first year he was accepted and the club just 'sucked him in'.

You might be surprised to hear that Everton and Manchester United have had a fairly decent relationship over the years an of course share a mutual enemy.

Rooney, as is typical, opened his mouth before engaging his limited brain to devastating effect. ''Once an Evertonian, always an Evertonian'' branded soon before leaving, then stating it was Moyes to force him out at which Moyes successfully sued. His son is an Everton fan despite all. Wayne Rooney's future is an interesting fallout of all of this.

It was the £25M they got for him that initially allowed Moyes to build, incidentally.

No way was the fergie moyes thing a last minute thing. I bet this has been rumbling on a good year behind the scenes

I disagree, it would of got out a lot earlier and Fergie wasn't happy it came out a day early.

It wouldn't of been allowed legally surely, under being on whatever stock market they are in?

Archived