IGNORED

Loudest Cheers Recorded At Ashton Gate ?

Eco

Definitely Roberts goal or

Trundle v Palace

Donowa v Rovers

Leaning penalty save in the same match

Donowa loudest

But Roberts and Goodfellow were the first to make the Dolman shake.... far better than that Harlem shite

There's also the legend of the FA Cup game against Portsmouth in January 1935. We beat them 2-0 after drawing at Fratton Park and the story goes that you could hear the cheers for the goals as far away as Park Street.

Would have to be Roberts goal against Hartlepool for me, although the third against Chelsea in the 1990 FA Cup also springs to mind.

There's also the legend of the FA Cup game against Portsmouth in January 1935. We beat them 2-0 after drawing at Fratton Park and the story goes that you could hear the cheers for the goals as far away as Park Street.

Would have to be Roberts goal against Hartlepool for me, although the third against Chelsea in the 1990 FA Cup also springs to mind.

In all honesty, that don't say much. Passmore (BBC) said a couple of years ago that he was getting out of his car at BBC Clifton when he heard a goal being celebrated. Just depends on the prevailing breeze.

I remember listening to 5Live, I think, on the way home from the Palace Semi-final and the pitch side reporter said that he'd been to games all over the world, premier league and cup finals but this is the loudest he'd ever heard a football stadium.

Prob true as that was the game thousands broke in after the ground was filled to capacity.

For you younger forum members, in the good old days, if more wanted to come inand the ground was fill, we'd literally be asked to squeeze up. 1970 at the Dell for Saints v Man U and at one point I had both feet off the ground and was held upright by the press of bodies around me.

It was only 2004, not the dark ages!

Tech moves fast - I had a camcorder from 2003 and the quality of the film I have from it is laughable (even when spending time setting settings up) compared to what my nexus can do in the drop of a hat.

Archived