IGNORED

Festivals For The Summer, Totally Non Football, But Hey!

Tall King Blox

Just been on you tube looking at previous Glasto highs and found myself wishing i was going there again this year,

sadly due to the hopeful sell of my gaff and the patter of interested or otherwise punters treading my hallowed boards my heart cannot be satisfied, That said who's off to a festival this summer ?

What festival and who are you looking forward to enjoying and why ?

I have added my favourite Glasto moment, twas left of stage near an ice cream van, still sends shivers all over to watch it again, c,mon peeps....share

Sorry mods, move if you feel it right but to quote, " Seasons end " ( Marrilion )

Just been on you tube looking at previous Glasto highs and found myself wishing i was going there again this year,

sadly due to the hopeful sell of my gaff and the patter of interested or otherwise punters treading my hallowed boards my heart cannot be satisfied, That said who's off to a festival this summer ?

What festival and who are you looking forward to enjoying and why ?

I have added my favourite Glasto moment, twas left of stage near an ice cream van, still sends shivers all over to watch it again, c,mon peeps....share

Sorry mods, move if you feel it right but to quote, " Seasons end " ( Marrilion )

the nearest thing coming here is ub40-

fancy a bit of that,as ska,reggie,northern soul,t.s.o.p,motown is my music.

but my daughter sent me music by the black keys,and there supurb!!

the nearest thing coming here is ub40-

fancy a bit of that,as ska,reggie,northern soul,t.s.o.p,motown is my music.

but my daughter sent me music by the black keys,and there supurb!!

Nowt wrong with motown, ska or derivitives....all good soul...try this, my good friend is on the keys

I shall be making my 'double hattrick' pilgrimage to Worthy Farm this year, can't wait! Its double exciting as its my honeymoon! I definitely think I'm getting too old for this now though...

On a more cultural bent, I'm hoping to go to La Merce festival in Barcelona later on this year- caught the first day a couple of years ago and it's pretty cool

I shall be making my 'double hattrick' pilgrimage to Worthy Farm this year, can't wait! Its double exciting as its my honeymoon! I definitely think I'm getting too old for this now though...

On a more cultural bent, I'm hoping to go to La Merce festival in Barcelona later on this year- caught the first day a couple of years ago and it's pretty cool

Done my first glasto when i got divorced.....dont you just love irony, spain one sounds good, off to google it !

Done my first glasto when i got divorced.....dont you just love irony, spain one sounds good, off to google it !

Well Glastonbury is a bloody good place to blow off a bit of steam after such an event. I just hope your Glasto-Divorce is not apocryphal for my Glasto-wedding!!!

I can recommend the Paleo festival in Nyon. Been a couple of times over the years. Its clean, well organised, good selection of bands and the food and drink available is always excellent.

They even do day passes so if you prefer not to rough it with the masses in the camping areas you can stay in downtown Nyon where a free train will take you to the festival gates. Lovely backdrop of the Alps too!

http://yeah.paleo.ch/en

Been to the Isle of Wight festival. Great friendly vibe. Only downside is travel. Obviously having to use the ferry companies to get there. Kind of extortionate prices during festival period if driving. Foot passenger prices seem reasonable.

I tend to do the smaller festivals these days. Am looking forward to Lakefest up in Tewkesbury this year and The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park.

Been to the Isle of Wight festival. Great friendly vibe. Only downside is travel. Obviously having to use the ferry companies to get there. Kind of extortionate prices during festival period if driving. Foot passenger prices seem reasonable.

I tend to do the smaller festivals these days. Am looking forward to Lakefest up in Tewkesbury this year and The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park.

Which would you say is the easiest route? Portsmouth, Southampton or Lymington?

Been to most festivals barring Glasto, never got the opportunity really but looking at the line ups and in recent years it really isn't for me. Best festivals I've been to is The Big Chill and Reading (although I'll never go again due to poor lineups imo) Seeing At The Drive-In at Reading a fair few years ago was pretty awesome mind!

Would like to goto SONAR in Barcelona, not sure if they still hold it though.

Download, Glasto and V for me this year- Perhaps some others if I can score some freebies through some contacts (get me!!).

I don't normally do as many but this my last summer before I hit 30 so want to spend it complaining that festivals are full of over 30's one last time!

If anyone ever gets chance to go I would highly recommend Roskilde in Denmark. Not quite as good as Glastonbury but the closest I have found.

Was considering V but the line up was diabolical. Can't even remember who it was, Beyonce or Rhianna but either way, nah. They sold themselves.

It looks shit when you first look at it, but it's not actually that bad. The Vaccines, Beady Eye, The Courteeners, Pigeon Detectives and Fratellis are all very decent bands. Calvin Harris will put on a good show as will Steve Angello.

Archived