IGNORED

Festivals For The Summer, Totally Non Football, But Hey!

Tall King Blox

• Admin

A nice friendly festival, but maybe not to everyones taste is Cropredy, seen some good bands there and some that have surprised me. UB40 played one year, not really my cup of tea, but they were brilliant, Seasick Steve was awesome, Joan Armatrading, The Blockheads, The Saw Doctors as well as some up and coming folk bands, all impressed, and its finished every year by a 3 hour set with Fairport Convention and Friends.

A nice friendly festival, but maybe not to everyones taste is Cropredy, seen some good bands there and some that have surprised me. UB40 played one year, not really my cup of tea, but they were brilliant, Seasick Steve was awesome, Joan Armatrading, The Blockheads, The Saw Doctors as well as some up and coming folk bands, all impressed, and its finished every year by a 3 hour set with Fairport Convention and Friends.

Sounds like a good chill tho a tad too folky for my taste, just refused the second attempt to lure me to the green fields of avalon,

gotta shift this house, cheers for the input guys n gals x

It looks shit when you first look at it, but it's not actually that bad. The Vaccines, Beady Eye, The Courteeners, Pigeon Detectives and Fratellis are all very decent bands. Calvin Harris will put on a good show as will Steve Angello.

Nah not my sort of thing.

Fratellis could be enjoyable.

V line ups used to be alot better years ago.

Not a festival, but off to see the Roses at Finsbury Park next weekend. Support from Johnny Marr, PiL and Miles Kane. Should be good.

I was there Saturday night, they were awesome. No Sally Cinnamon though, which was a little disappointing!

I've never seen / smelt so many drugs in my life before....there were some hugely ****** up people there. You can do whatever the hell you like, but that's really not for me. One of the reasons I've never done Glasto, I know people that just go on a bender for 4 or 5 days, sniffing, popping, smoking anything they can. The fact they all come back (half) alive astounds me more as the years go by

It looks shit when you first look at it, but it's not actually that bad. The Vaccines, Beady Eye, The Courteeners, Pigeon Detectives and Fratellis are all very decent bands. Calvin Harris will put on a good show as will Steve Angello.

Ah, come on mate, beady eye? Liam Gallagher is the most irrelevant, annoying man in music and yet NME just won't admit that beady eye are awful.

Ah, come on mate, beady eye? Liam Gallagher is the most irrelevant, annoying man in music and yet NME just won't admit that beady eye are awful.

I quite like them. Have you listened to their new album? Nowhere near Oasis, and not as good as NGHFB, but still very decent. I'm still praying for an Oasis comeback, saw an article where LG said its possible in 2014 as its 20 years since Definitely Maybe was released.

There's one in Dorset - Camp Bestival. Something for all the family there, big mix of artists as well including The Wurzels!

The line up is below, but they also have comedians, child entertainment, activities etc etc.

That lineup looks great seen a few of those bands at Beautiful Days in the past ,obviously the Levellers also the Wurzels in and around Bristol many times and recently Skimmity Hitchers at the Thunderbolt ,they are great fun

Archived