IGNORED

Sack That Tattooed Idiot

slartibartfast

Napier has just got 4 wickets in 4 balls, commentators talking about him for England- thoughts?

He's been inconsistent in his career so far but this season is putting in some great performances,

He wasn't in the original big squad and England aren't in the chopping and changing game anymore.

He's been inconsistent in his career so far but this season is putting in some great performances,

He wasn't in the original big squad and England aren't in the chopping and changing game anymore.

His ability to bowl yorkers is incredible though. The yorker is still 100% the best ball to bowl to get wickets and stop the opposition from scoring runs- all this talk of variation with slower ball bouncers and that is simply not as effective IMO.

Napier bowls mid to high 70's? Not dangerous enough to consistently do well at the international stage I would suggest, remember he has probably a keeper who is in the top 3 for gloves-men in the country behind the stumps which helps. His batting is vastly overrated by his big 2020 innings although he has an average of around 18 in one day games for Essex. At 33 I would rather England look for a younger player tbh.

Napier bowls mid to high 70's? Not dangerous enough to consistently do well at the international stage I would suggest, remember he has probably a keeper who is in the top 3 for gloves-men in the country behind the stumps which helps. His batting is vastly overrated by his big 2020 innings although he has an average of around 18 in one day games for Essex. At 33 I would rather England look for a younger player tbh.

Was bowling 87mph last night pal, looked pretty sharp. Foster also looked very good, although we seem to have endless amounts of good keepers.

Why is that then?

Criticism over Ravi Bopara possibly, I think he's a decent player but isn't consistent at International level (not recently) and there are better all rounders out there.

He had a very good game against the Ozzies but lets face it, this has to be the worst Australia side in years. At this present time they can make any player look world class.

Criticism over Ravi Bopara possibly, I think he's a decent player but isn't consistent at International level (not recently) and there are better all rounders out there.

He had a very good game against the Ozzies but lets face it, this has to be the worst Australia side in years. At this present time they can make any player look world class.

:thumbsup:

Was in Birmingham, as he walked to the crease lots of "oh no" from others. Excellent knock and did well with the ball.

Will see how he does tomorrow.

Yeah it was a very good over for us, shocking bowling though! I think this game may be tight, I'm due to go to Cardiff on Sunday for the NZ game, but forecast is terrible.

England have a poor one day record against Sri Lanka. When they lost their first wicket, paddy power were offering 9/2 on the Sri Lankans. I was tempted.

Indeed, been an excellent cricketer for years!

In my opinion, Sri Lanka are the most complete one day side and have been for a fair while. Excellent batting, great fielding (although not yesterday) and a superb bowling attack with the likes of the Slinga and Herath, England should take a lot of notice if they want to be a successful ODI side.

Archived