IGNORED

Adrian Durham

BUTOR

Not related and not particularly interesting but seeing the hate that is directed toward him i'd thought i'd mention it...

Adrian Durham was held at knife point yesterday night in Rio by a 'beggar' demanding money.

Apparently there were multiple cases of this last night and it raises even more concern about the security of people at the WC in 2014. Rio, as it stands is not a fit country to host a WC yet alone a bloody Olympics! My step mother went there a few years back and a group of men attempted to kidnap here in a crowded square!

As for TalkSport, Max Rushden is presenting drive today in place of Durham and is far far better. Not a smug wind up merchant either.

Doesn't surprise me. I've witnessed gun shots across a bloody motorway in Rio. To be honest pick pockets are worse there. Even worse the gangs of 30 to 40 kids who will pick off tourists like killer ants!!! They come at you with knifes. You just have to stand there while they strip you to your pants and leave you with nothing. First rule don't put up a fight, let them take everything, then walk back to your hotel in your pants. My mate got done like that, we laugh now, but he shat himself at the time.

But no doubt if England hosted and anyone got mugged in London we'd be automatically kicked out!

Remember the Russian FIFA delegate saying London shouldn't have the WC because of the crime and alcoholism? Apparently it should go to Moscow :drunk2: :drunk2: :drunk2: instead.

:rofl2br:

Doesn't surprise me. I've witnessed gun shots across a bloody motorway in Rio. To be honest pick pockets are worse there. Even worse the gangs of 30 to 40 kids who will pick off tourists like killer ants!!! They come at you with knifes. You just have to stand there while they strip you to your pants and leave you with nothing. First rule don't put up a fight, let them take everything, then walk back to your hotel in your pants. My mate got done like that, we laugh now, but he shat himself at the time.

Latter probably explains why they didn't nick his pants.

Anyways, am off there in a few weeks, including a few days in Rio. Interested to see how bad, or how overblown, it is.

Latter probably explains why they didn't nick his pants.

Anyways, am off there in a few weeks, including a few days in Rio. Interested to see how bad, or how overblown, it is.

:laugh: exactly his own fault he stupidly took a short cut. Don't take 'em :)

Exactly. It gets folks to all into his show. He needs to form an opinion that will pi55 people off to create the debate.

I didn't realise it was him being interviewed on the radio earlier, was enjoying listening to him until I worked out who it was! He's like toothache, you don't mind it now and then, but every day it can be a bit annoying

I didn't realise it was him being interviewed on the radio earlier, was enjoying listening to him until I worked out who it was! He's like toothache, you don't mind it now and then, but every day it can be a bit annoying

You have a very high tolerance threshold for pain mate!

My boss just got back from Rio and was raving about what a great place it was, he's going back for the WC. I asked him about crime and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't witness any so gawd knows. he was staying with his mate's wife's family, though so local knowledge might be key.

As for Durham, depends what mood I'm in...think he out wits Goughy too easily though. Get another well-homed defensive ginger on his case and that would be a dual!

You don't have to be right to win an argument ;)

I like talk sport, brazil in the morning is good but Irani annoys me, Durham is good at what he does, he's not afraid to say what he thinks either, he must be doing something right as he's been there 12 years!!

Irani has been sacked now so you are safe!

I like talk sport, brazil in the morning is good but Irani annoys me, Durham is good at what he does, he's not afraid to say what he thinks either, he must be doing something right as he's been there 12 years!!

By that logic Nicky Hunt must be doing something right!

....it's as well they left him with the pants then....

Archived