IGNORED

A Worrying Stat

Super

Swansea I can forgive, its not down to them to devlop english youth players, they should be producing welsh players,

If the prem were serious then there should be a quota to at least make space on the bench and give these players game time,

failing to do so should result in big fines (say 100k) shich should be put into the pot for grass roots football,

It won't happen because greed rules the top flight

Think Swansea only had 1` Welsh player though - so they are not flying the flag for home talent either...

yup...

35 English under-21 players made appearances in the Premier League last season, the lowest figure since 2005. In addition, Swansea did field Welsh defender Ben Davies, who is classed as an under-21 national.

Swansea have 3 welsh internationals and almost the whole under 21 team is welsh. It's unrealistic to expect swansea to have a large contingent of welsh players starting for them and to compete with the other teams in the league. However most of the welsh squad do start for the current team with about 14/15 of the squad being premiership players so there really is no problem for wales. And Catalonia is seeking independence as is the basque region to no longer be part of Spain so will you all say barcelona and Bilbao should play on their own league?

Swansea have 3 welsh internationals and almost the whole under 21 team is welsh. It's unrealistic to expect swansea to have a large contingent of welsh players starting for them and to compete with the other teams in the league. However most of the welsh squad do start for the current team with about 14/15 of the squad being Premier League players so there really is no problem for wales. And Catalonia is seeking independence as is the basque region to no longer be part of Spain so will you all say barcelona and Bilbao should play on their own league?

Wow, so Barcelona could end up being the Celtic of Catalonia with no worthwhile opposition whatsoever and ditto Bilbao in Basqueland.

Wow, so Barcelona could end up being the Celtic of Catalonia with no worthwhile opposition whatsoever and ditto Bilbao in Basqueland.

Catalonia v Basqueland. I reckon that could be the World Cup Final in 2038.

Yeah they could end up in a league with even less competition than they get now which would be shocking but would be likely to ultimately lead to a European super league which uefa seem to be keen on and result in many leagues being restructured. So really having cardiff and swansea in the premier league should be the least of people's worries, lets be fair they've hardly just been placed in it they've had to work hard to get to where they are and every team gets a fair chance of getting promoted every year

Very true , but not a lot of point in people moaning about a lack of English players coming through when there are 2 clubs in our top division who will be bringing on youngsters to play for another country.

Not necessarily, there's a few people on here who have lads at Cardiff.I would imagine they are English.

Also, think how many young Welsh players we have had over the last few years that have got into the Welsh youth sides.

Not necessarily, there's a few people on here who have lads at Cardiff.I would imagine they are English.

Also, think how many young Welsh players we have had over the last few years that have got into the Welsh youth sides.

Joe morrel

Also you'll find a fair few players went on loan to Championship teams still getting game time, Zaha and Chalabolah? played in most of the games for there clubs this season

Where they wouldn't of had a chance at there parent clubs and Chalabolah probably wouldn't of got in the team if it wasn't for his loan move

The Championship is still a competitive league and a very strong one, The best second division in the world and streets ahead of any others, Thats why i feel other top European teams have to play there youngsters they don't have the opportunity to loan them into a strong competitive league

It may have bigger crowds than other 2nd tiers but I'd be interested to know how you reckon it's the best in the world and streets ahead of others ?

The under 21's are on tv at the moment, there's no one in an England shirt playing that gives me the slightest hope that he can become classy in the next few years.

It's the same old England, the keeper knocks it long, we concede possession and no one in white has the guile that's going to unlock international defences in the future.

Hopefully the generation coming through after this lot will have something, at least that lot seem to be being taught that keeping possession is a must at the top level.

The under 21's are on tv at the moment, there's no one in an England shirt playing that gives me the slightest hope that he can become classy in the next few years.

It's the same old England, the keeper knocks it long, we concede possession and no one in white has the guile that's going to unlock international defences in the future.

Hopefully the generation coming through after this lot will have something, at least that lot seem to be being taught that keeping possession is a must at the top level.

Are sky for real?, England players celebrate a goal and the commentators miss the fact it had been disallowed and that there was no kick off from italy for 5 ******* MINUTES.

That's enough for me i'm afraid if that's the future of England and Italy both countries are in trouble, it is shit and summed up by Butland's casual attitude 2 massive mistakes in a minute, ******* overpaid, over hyped big time Charlie's already.

The Italians look good to me

Are sky for real?, England players celebrate a goal and the commentators miss the fact it had been disallowed and that there was no kick off from italy for 5 ******* MINUTES.

Just proved what we already knew, the commentators aren't actually there, there doing it from a studio in London.

That's enough for me i'm afraid if that's the future of England and Italy both countries are in trouble, it is shit and summed up by Butland's casual attitude 2 massive mistakes in a minute, ******* overpaid, over hyped big time Charlie's already.

Agree about England, but Italy are trying to play, and are happy to play it out from the back.

They are a million times more comfortable on the ball than us.

This isn't the World Cup, the likes of Shelvey and Henderson should be good enough for this. I just don't believe Pearce is a particularly competent manager.

Why? They're both pants.. Shelvey in particular. I agree about Pearce though. He played Wickham up top on his own for too long when it clearly wasn't working.

In fairness, weren't England missing seventeen eligible players from the under 21 team tonight?

Archived