IGNORED

Heyyyy,hey Jonesy!

ashbrisc11

I wanna knowwww,where ya got that tan!!!

Genuine question, trying to remember the first name of the player we signed on loan from Charlton in 2000..i keep thinking it was Rob Jones, only wondering as was having a discussion about it with a Charlton fan earlier...any help please guys??

As out injured constantly but always topped up his tan nicely.

If I remember rightly he left us then went non league pretty much straight away?

Apparently he was genuinely disillusioned with how football was going and wanted to take a step back into grassroots and just play for the love of the game. Fair play if this is true and not just cos he couldn't get a club

He appeared devoid of ability for a number of games and one rare moment of success was a game I saw up north where he scored the winner in I think a 2-1 win at Scunny. a half volley late on in front of the away fans followed by a huge celebration...???

As out injured constantly but always topped up his tan nicely.

If I remember rightly he left us then went non league pretty much straight away?

As I remember it he formed a good striking partnership with Peter Beadle for a bit of his last season and played well for that small part of his BCFC career.

As I remember it he formed a good striking partnership with Peter Beadle for a bit of his last season and played well for that small part of his BCFC career.

Yes, he did have a run of about ten games where he played well, prior to that he was pony.

Sat in the Dolman (when it used to be good), Jones' debut for us was greeted by my mate saying "Jonesey? Did you fall asleep in your oven!!"

Others heard this and began the jonesey tan chant.

I'm telling you for sure, between him signing for us and his debut I reckon he went up at least 12 marks on the colour chart!

Weren't there allegations about a drink problem? Yes, crap for the money when signed and for much of his time at City. But as I recall it he found some form toward the end of his contract when he beat the drink, and was largely 'forgiven' by many fans. Or maybe just me? Cracking song though.

(I blame Pulis, but I do for most things).

Always liked the son sung to Wycombe:

We got mickey bell we got mickey bell,

We got mickey we got mickey we got mickey bell.

And we got him cheap and we got him cheap,

We got mickey we got mickey we got mickey bell.

You can have Steve jones you can have Steve jones, you can have Steve you can have Steve you can have Steve jones.

You can have him cheap you can have him cheap.........etc

Yes, he did have a run of about ten games where he played well, prior to that he was pony.

He was hopelessly unfit when he joined us, but Pulis insisted that he had to play. He was sent out on loan for substantial periods, and everyone was stunned when Danny Wilson said he was giving him a chance. He then surprised us all by showing that when fit he was a decent player.

When we signed him a West Ham friend of mine who knew his football told me we were getting a very good striker. I blame Pulis entirely for forcing him to play while unfit.

Archived