IGNORED

Anybody Notice........

Somerset Red

Anybody notice how aggressive this forum is becoming?

People have their say, which they are entitled to as it's a discussion forum, and if somebody doesn't agree they feel able to insult the poster and call them all sorts of things.

I'm sure that if people were to behave like this face to face at the ground...all hell would break loose!

If you're one of these aggressive posters on here, do you insult strangers at Ashton Gate if you don't agree with them?

Just waiting for the abuse to head my way now.

People have their say, which they are entitled to as it's a discussion forum, and if somebody doesn't agree they feel able to insult the poster and call them all sorts of things.

I'm sure that if people were to behave like this face to face at the ground...all hell would break loose!

If you're one of these aggressive posters on here, do you insult strangers at Ashton Gate if you don't agree with them?

Poo poo smelly pants.

Problem is that if you censure too much, the forum becomes sterile where lively debate ceases and you then generally have a new thread started followed by a general consensus of opinion where everyone agrees and those who don't, can't be bothered to contribute.

The thing which is concerning is the personal nature of some of the insults. I quite enjoy and expect people to disagree with my views, that's what debate is all about. As I see it, some people can't express their views coherently, so resort to insults and meaningless jibes, all very juvenile in my opinion!!

Other forums I have been involved with operate the yellow/red card system by the administrators whereby if you get too close to the mark you get a yellow which is a warning and you have to apologise. Anymore and it's a red and you're banned for 14 days, and so on.

I generally am against banning people per sae, as I think everyone has the responsibility to proof read what they write before hitting the post button, and if it would offend you, then don't post it for someone else.

That said, this forum isn't as vitriolic as some I've seen!!! where language and an "anything goes" attitude seems to prevail, mind you, they were non football!!!

Funnily enough was thinking the exact same thing myself....as some one pointed out, easy to be cocky and.full of.it behind a keyboard. Ah well....just got to laugh at it I guess

Some people just seem to think that their opinion is the only right answer, even in areas that are subjective and don't necessarily have a right answer. And as others have suggested, it's easy to get aggressive behind a keyboard whereas you wouldn't act that way in real life if you were having a debate/conversation.

I'm not ******* aggressive you idiotic ****

Fishing for a warning point :robbored:

The problems as always is that most otib users are as thick as two short planks. They can't handle someone else having another opinion. The level of debate on here lately has definitely hit an all time low. Still has its moments though, and there are some very good and informative posters on here. Just few and far between.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

A forum is something where ideas / opinions can be exchanged. What sometimes happens is not an exchange of ideas but an attack on someone if their opinions don’t match yours. The result, I’m sure, is that quite a few people don’t bother to make posts because of the reaction they might get

Unfortunately I don’t think there is much that can be done as they majority of posts are O.K. The aggressive responses are probably in the minority, but they grab your attention more than the sensible posts, because they are aggressive.

i.e. If 5 people say, in a reasonable way, that they don’t agree with you for reasons XYZ, that is less memorable than I one person who says you’re a complete wan*er.

**** off you****.

I think the forum is fine. Some people take things too seriously but the opinions are so different which is what makes it interesting reading.

If we all agreed on the same thing it would be pretty boring wouldn't it?

Bloody Real Madrid fans!

• Admin

The MODS are ultimately responsible - suggest people us the report buttons if people are always being offensive - the mods will get tired of dealing with the reports and temp/perm ban them.

You too! ;)

I think the forum is fine. Some people take things too seriously but the opinions are so different which is what makes it interesting reading.

If we all agreed on the same thing it would be pretty boring wouldn't it?

It would be pretty amazing too.

Far too many people take words on a screen FAR too seriously, especially the AV nimbys and the local BBC news team.

After some pretty lean years on the pitch of course tempers will be a little frayed. Not just that there does seem to be not only a number of frequent posters with a seemingly anti club agenda, opposed by the same number of club can do no wrong types.

I suspect a good season next year will result in a more friendly forum........but then its still just pixels on a screen.

Far too many people take words on a screen FAR too seriously, especially the AV nimbys and the local BBC news team.

After some pretty lean years on the pitch of course tempers will be a little frayed. Not just that there does seem to be not only a number of frequent posters with a seemingly anti club agenda, opposed by the same number of club can do no wrong types.

I suspect a good season next year will result in a more friendly forum........but then its still just pixels on a screen.

When have the BBC ever taken anything off this forum and used it seriously.

Archived