IGNORED

World Cup 2014

Portland Bill

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I haven't seen it mentioned on here that Ukraine smashed Montenegro 4-0 on Friday.

Ukraine have 4 games left, 6 defo points against San Marino and England and Poland both at home!

It looks as if, England are now scrapping it out with Montenegro for 2nd place.

Will we actually get to Brazil ?

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I haven't seen it mentioned on here that Ukraine smashed Montenegro 4-0 on Friday.

Ukraine have 4 games left, 6 defo points against San Marino and England and Poland both at home!

England are still above Ukraine. We also have a game in hand on Montenegro.

Can't say I care.We have zero chance of making an impact over there and would need a very kind draw to get out of the group stage with this bloke in charge.

England are still above Ukraine. We also have a game in hand on Montenegro.

Dont worry, Bill is desperate to find something to defelct criticism of his beloved Barca after they were humbled by Chelsea 2 season ago now. Poor chap has never moved on, and hates England almost like a Scotsman would.....

Actually....Bill are you Scottish?

Dont worry, Bill is desperate to find something to defelct criticism of his beloved Barca after they were humbled by Chelsea 2 season ago now. Poor chap has never moved on, and hates England almost like a Scotsman would.....

Actually....Bill are you Scottish?

Eh? Beloved Barca? I like the way they play, but beloved?. Hates England?

Why don't you comment on the thread, rather than some weird obsession with what you think I think?

We have to draw with Ukraine and win our three home games against Moldova (won 5-0 away), Montenegro (1-1 away) and Poland (1-1away).

Seems highly likely to me.

I think we can beat Moldova and Montenegro but Poland and Ukraine won't be push overs. Lets hope we will be ok. What was the score when we played Ukraine? I think we won, didn't we?

We'll get there then the usual will happen. We'll get a decent group with a crappy team in it, we'll play them first and scramble a 1-1 draw. The whole country gets angry and we play the 2nd game against a better team and get a lucky 0-0. The final game is a must win and we do so in style, a wonderful 3-0 win and we go through, high hopes all around! We then draw a big team in the 1st knock out. We play well and in a end to end game we get a 2-2 draw then its shoot out time. We lose 4-2 on pens and head home. The nation is in a state of mixed emotions, we did ok, not much luck, should have took him instead of him etc. Brazil win it then it's history.

Nothing much changes and we start the qualifiers for france 2016 with a crappy 2-1 win vs iceland then draw 1-1 in a friendly vs china and hodgson gets sacked. Some other dude takes over and promises big things but we scramble through the group as runners up but make it. The group kicks off and we play the poorest team in the group and draw 1-1.............etc...etc...etc...

Well the bookies certainly think so - England are 1/8 to qualify, and 6/1 to not qualify.

Those odds would reflect the fact that we've only lost two competitive games over 90 minutes in the last six years - one was a dead rubber in Dnipropetrovsk, the other was the Germany game in Bloemfontein.

6/1 to not qualify - a great opportunity to cash in for those on here (and it would seem there are plenty) who really think the England senior team are as awful as many would have you believe (I'm not one of them, BTW).

EDIT: odds taken from Oddschecker:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/team-specials

Eh? Beloved Barca? I like the way they play, but beloved?. Hates England?

Why don't you comment on the thread, rather than some weird obsession with what you think I think?

Are you English? You whine like a bitchy little school girl in every England thread going back years. Your constant sneering about anything to do with the English football team is tiresome.

Defoe had a perfectly good goal ruled out if I remember rightly.

Indeed he did, by the Turkish referee who also sent off Steven Gerrard just as it looked as if we'd pinch a very late winner after Lampard's equaliser.

The same Turkish referee who has sent off a player for the English national or club team on five separate occasions (including Nani for Man Utd against Real Madrid), but never sent a player off against an English team.

As I said, Ukraine really have a 5 point advantage on us because they have to play San Marino twice.

Well that makes no sense! How do they have a 5 point advantage? That only applies if we don't win our games. It's in our hands now to win our group. Win our game in hand and we are top of the group, it's then ours to lose.

I'm an England fan and hope we qualify, however I can easily see us not making it. Ukraine are more than capable of beating us, we don't seem to be able to beat Montenegro, and Poland are no pushovers for us. I can easily see us not making it, were not that much better than those teams, if at all.

Are you English? You whine like a bitchy little school girl in every England thread going back years. Your constant sneering about anything to do with the English football team is tiresome.

So, it's anti English to say that our International team aren't very good is it?

Or should I come out with some jingoistic rant saying we are the best in the World.

I will say it again, why don't you try and comment on the thread topic, rather than spouting childish playground jibes!

As you were saying....

So, it's anti English to say that our International team aren't very good is it?

Or should I come out with some jingoistic rant saying we are the best in the World.

I will say it again, why don't you try and comment on the thread topic, rather than spouting childish playground jibes!

I challenge you to name me 10 teams in the world better than us right now.

While admittedly England aren't where we want them to be at the moment, we are still right up in there in the grand scheme of things. In my opinion, Germany, Spain, Argentina, and Brazil are definitely ahead of us. We're in the group behind, with Italy and the Netherlands imo. France, Portugal, Uruguay, Mexico, etc are definitely behind us, and Belgium are unproven apart from very, very recently.

I challenge you to name me 10 teams in the world better than us right now.

While admittedly England aren't where we want them to be at the moment, we are still right up in there in the grand scheme of things. In my opinion, Germany, Spain, Argentina, and Brazil are definitely ahead of us. We're in the group behind, with Italy and the Netherlands imo. France, Portugal, Uruguay, Mexico, etc are definitely behind us, and Belgium are unproven apart from very, very recently.

Uruguay look like they may not make it.

Archived