IGNORED

Bob Taylor Appreciation Thread

My hero.

Mine to. He had everything, a little more pace would not have gone amiss but that is about all he was missing.

Helped by the fact we had a awesome midfield at the time. But he still did the businesses when required.

Nice bloke off the pitch as well.

For the younger ones reading, who moan about our present board, take note of this.

The board back then were truly ******* clueless, total unbelievable grade-A *****

I heard that we had received a near £1m offer for Wayne Allison which was turned down and a few weeks later we accepted a £300k bid for Taylor. Totally shocking decision from the board.

Perfect strike partner in Turner and 2 great wingers in Smith and Gavin.

Perfect mix of wingers and a nasty barsteward to beat up the defence. To be fair, Taylor was also quite capable of handing it out :)

I heard that we had received a near £1m offer for Wayne Allison which was turned down and a few weeks later we accepted a £300k bid for Taylor. Totally shocking decision from the board.

I doubt that was true, allison was a big oaf in his early days and hardly ever played. Once cole jackie and rosenior departed he came into his own. No way we would have been offered 1 million for Allison at the time Taylor was at the club.

My hero.

Bob was my hero too. The great thing was that he was an absolute gent also! Bob, Paul Cheeseley, Robbie Turner & Jacki gave me my (& many others) many happy memories. Fantastic days, never to be repeated. Football will never be the same for me.

Archived