IGNORED

Joe Kinnear

glynriley

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/03/newcastleunited.premierleague

The following is an edited transcript of Newcastle interim manager Joe Kinnear's first official press conference yesterday

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a****.

SB Thank you.

JK Which one is Hickman [Niall, football writer for the Express]? You are out of order. Absolutely ******* out of order. If you do it again, I am telling you you can **** off and go to another ground. I will not come and stand for that ******* crap. No ******* way, lies. ****, you're saying I turned up and they [Newcastle's players] ****** off.

SB No Joe, have you read it, it doesn't actually say that. Have you read it?

JK I've ******* read it, I've read it.

SB It doesn't say that. Have you read it?

JK You are trying to ******* undermine my position already.

SB Have you read it, it doesn't say that. I knew you knew they were having a day off.

JK **** off. **** off. It's your last ******* chance.

SB You read the copy? It doesn't say that you didn't know.

JK What about the headline, you think that's a good headline?

SB I didn't write the headline, you read the copy.

JK You are negative bastards, the pair of you.

SB So if I get a new job next week would I take the first day off? No I wouldn't. If I get a new job should I call my boss and tell him I am taking the first day off?

JK It is none of your ******* business. What the **** are you going to do? You ain't got the balls to be a ******* manager. ******* day off. Do I want your opinion. Do I have to listen to you?

SB No, you can listen to who you want.

JK I had a 24-hour meeting with the entire staff.

SB Joe, you are only here six weeks, you could have done that on Sunday, or Saturday night.

JK No, no, no. I didn't want to do it. I had some other things to do.

SB What? More important things?

JK What are you? My personal secretary? **** off.

Newcastle's next boss when Pardew get sacked mid season.

Pardew's on a stupidly long contract so sacking him might not be an option. This could be a way of getting him to walk out though.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/03/newcastleunited.premierleague

The following is an edited transcript of Newcastle interim manager Joe Kinnear's first official press conference yesterday

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a ****.

SB Thank you.

JK Which one is Hickman [Niall, football writer for the Express]? You are out of order. Absolutely ******* out of order. If you do it again, I am telling you you can **** off and go to another ground. I will not come and stand for that ******* crap. No ******* way, lies. ****, you're saying I turned up and they [Newcastle's players] ****** off.

SB No Joe, have you read it, it doesn't actually say that. Have you read it?

JK I've ******* read it, I've read it.

SB It doesn't say that. Have you read it?

JK You are trying to ******* undermine my position already.

SB Have you read it, it doesn't say that. I knew you knew they were having a day off.

JK **** off. **** off. It's your last ******* chance.

SB You read the copy? It doesn't say that you didn't know.

JK What about the headline, you think that's a good headline?

SB I didn't write the headline, you read the copy.

JK You are negative bastards, the pair of you.

SB So if I get a new job next week would I take the first day off? No I wouldn't. If I get a new job should I call my boss and tell him I am taking the first day off?

JK It is none of your ******* business. What the **** are you going to do? You ain't got the balls to be a ******* manager. ******* day off. Do I want your opinion. Do I have to listen to you?

SB No, you can listen to who you want.

JK I had a 24-hour meeting with the entire staff.

SB Joe, you are only here six weeks, you could have done that on Sunday, or Saturday night.

JK No, no, no. I didn't want to do it. I had some other things to do.

SB What? More important things?

JK What are you? My personal secretary? **** off.

Just incase people do what I did and thought this was yesterday, it isn't - Its actually 2008 haha

He signed an 8 year contract, however I'm pretty sure that it also states if he is fired at any point he will only be owed a years salary of compensation, much like a rolling contract.

Not according to this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2320978/Mike-Ashley-pay-Alan-Pardew-10m-sacks-Newcastle-manager-year-deal-Charles-Sale.html

Just had a listen and my god, what a spanner.

Insulted 'Geordies' throughout, pulled made up statistics from his arse and generally came across as an arrogant *****.

A particular highlight was when he proclaimed to not have any sort of ego. Which was quickly followed by an extensive list of transfers he had made profit on, a detailed list of his achievements in the game all tied up nicely by boasting about how he could pick up a phone and speak to any manager in the world.

He also saved time to remind fans who were against him that he didn't care because he's far more intelligent (or something along those lines)

Newcastle fans should be worried.

• Admin

Another footballing disaster waiting to happen!

Add to Di Canio / Holloway / Mourinho, the Premier league might actually be more exiting what happens off the pitch next season...

To be fair to Newcastle they would have probably been better off appointing Roy Kinnear

Archived