IGNORED

Cash In On Cunningham ?

westonred

Noooooo, I couldn't cope with the grief from RedEmz if that happened!

What's the point of selling him only to find ourselves back in the Championship next season(!) and have to then buy similar. Keep and build, keep and build is the way forward. The others we are looking at can be standbys because of injury (only minor ones this year please Greg). Last season we lost out because of injuries to both him and Stead.

cunnighams crap done fak all for us didnt impress me 1 bit not even looked good in a game man city reject bristol city flop waste of money so so so overrated mcallister was wqay better

I thought you were happy at Yeovil Jamie. Greg is only 22, very young for a defender. He had a season where he missed a long spell with a serious injury and then had an off form Fontaine/Nyatanga playing alongside him, anyone would struggle. Has a bright future ahead of him, hopefully with us. Invest and develop.

cunnighams crap done fak all for us didnt impress me 1 bit not even looked good in a game man city reject bristol city flop waste of money so so so overrated mcallister was wqay better

:laugh: take some anti depresants ffs you sound suicidal ;)

Ah I see where you're coming from. Tell all potential suiters that he's crap, so hopefully they'll go away and leave one of our few real assets here to help in the fight to get back out of this division.

......... that was your thinking, right???

because we have 35m debt and need to do something about that, for instance generating revenue from player sales?

he has 3 (or 4) years left on his contract his wages won' count towards our limit next season and we have about 35 more years to pay lansdown back his money,

Why the **** would we need or want to sell him?

he has 3 (or 4) years left on his contract his wages won' count towards our limit next season and we have about 35 more years to pay lansdown back his money,

Monkeh has spoken.

Monkeh say, Monkeh do.

No need to sell him whatsoever. I personally would hold on to him for at least another year even if he says he wants to go.

you genuinely think that a club that loses 18m per year has no need to generate extra revenue?

Bhasera and Reeves are both attack minded full backs, who are just as competent in offensive and defensive positions. I think we'll sign one of these two, to give us furthered depth and back up in two positions, saving money on wages that we can then use elsewhere.

We will sign reeves, value for money at his age and more versatile. Also wouldn't be demanding first team football immediately.

With regards to Cunningham, he will stay just as Moloney is. He has and is enjoying his time with us, has a long contract and has suggested he's looking forward to bouncing back up to the championship with us. He also has numerous friends in our team - sod, pemberton, Anderson and Moloney.

He will stay and we have no need to sell. We are an ambitious growing team and he knows we will go far in time.

you genuinely think that a club that loses 18m per year has no need to generate extra revenue?

This. And if a bigger, better place club comes calling he might well fancy a move..... at which point it would be unrealistic to hang on to him.

All ifs and buts at this stage.

If he wants to go, let him put in a transfer request and he'd leave with my good will- one of the few players last season who was largely blameless. However, I don't think the club should 'cash in' unless we really need the cash or SOD is confident he can sign someone just as good for less money/wages. It'd be a false economy in my eyes

He's shown no indication he wants to go or that he doesn't want to be here. He is one of our best players and if we want to have a successful season then we need to keep the likes of him and Moloney.

So no we shouldn't cash in on him, Just build a squad around him

Archived