IGNORED

Cash In On Cunningham ?

westonred

Clubs dont keep unhappy players! If an agent gets a player interested in moving to another club then he will move Ala Bolaise.

If a decent Prem/Champ club show an interest the boy will almost certainly go and no amount of we dont have to sell will keep him!

As any cash received from the transfer will be classed as revenue? Therefore creating a larger transfer budget and creating more space for wages?

Go on then, tell me how much it will cost to firstly sign someone of cunninghams calibre and then to pay his wages if this player was signed tmor???

Bhasera and Reeves are both attack minded full backs, who are just as competent in offensive and defensive positions. I think we'll sign one of these two, to give us furthered depth and back up in two positions, saving money on wages that we can then use elsewhere.

Is that not what we already have in the form of Bryan tho? Would be open to the Reeves deal if it's to play off the front 2 like another post said he did at Southend.

As any cash received from the transfer will be classed as revenue? Therefore creating a larger transfer budget and creating more space for wages?

I don't know that much about ffp if im being honest, but what ive taken from people who are knowledgeable about the matter on here is that in the bottom two divisions its JUST WAGES that are restricted. So we have to keep to under 60% of our turn over on wages, transfer budget doesn't make a difference and I cant imagine we would get someone of cunninghams quality, waste of time getting rid of him imo, he will be mickey bell esque in league one!

we've lost 18 million once and this has now been greatly reduced,

This ^

Why is it that people panic when official accounts are published when they are already out of date at the time of publication? The latest accounts were published in December 2012 (for the year ending 31st May 2012) and will include money committed more than two years ago by now. To illustrate; the latest accounts will have included the wages of David James and Nicky Maynard, both ancient history as far as playing for the club is concerned...

"City's annual accounts are now available online, showing a loss of £14,406,061 on the year ended May 31st 2012". http://www.bcfc.co.uk/club/annualaccounts.aspx

(also the loss was £14.4m, although players wages amounted to £18.6m, and the majority of the club debt is to Steve Lansdown who could, if he wanted it, convert it to equity through the issue of new shares in exchange for loans, but for the time being chooses not to)

I don't know that much about ffp if im being honest, but what ive taken from people who are knowledgeable about the matter on here is that in the bottom two divisions its JUST WAGES that are restricted. So we have to keep to under 60% of our turn over on wages, transfer budget doesn't make a difference and I cant imagine we would get someone of cunninghams quality, waste of time getting rid of him imo, he will be mickey bell esque in league one!

I know what you mean that its quite a shady subject.

But surely if a player is sold it would be classed at turnover because it will be additional revenue received. And being a club that is in high level of debt it would certainly be beneficial financially to sell him.

Archived