IGNORED

Excellent Season Ticket Sales

swampy

2600 ... I don't think so!

Sales of Shrewsbury Town's attractive Early Bird season ticket offer have exceeded the club’s expectations.
Supporters have flocked to take advantage of the special pricing structure on offer for next season at the Greenhous Meadow which equates to eight free matches.
A pleasing total of 2,159 season tickets have already been sold with 92 more applications under the Zebra Finance scheme which were received ahead of the deadline still being processed.

Sales of Shrewsbury Town's attractive Early Bird season ticket offer have exceeded the clubs expectations.

Supporters have flocked to take advantage of the special pricing structure on offer for next season at the Greenhous Meadow which equates to eight free matches.

A pleasing total of 2,159 season tickets have already been sold with 92 more applications under the Zebra Finance scheme which were received ahead of the deadline still being processed.

How much are they charging for season tickets?

• Admin

Apart from guaranteeing your same seat, there is no incentive to buy at the moment.

There is not going to be a price increase, and would imagine many are awaiting to see what the POTD price will be, before commiting to a ST

BMVoBhzCAAAdfU5.jpg

Go here for a more readable version https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMVoBhzCAAAdfU5.jpg:large

Shrewsbury becomes most expensive League One ticket (well, after Sheff Utd as it turns out) after the Early Bird sales so you would expect them to sell well. We don't have an Early Bird scheme so people are waiting to see who else we buy/sell before committing - seems reasonable.

CHEAPER TO WATCH US THAN THE R*V*RS - unbelievable

I think it's good to see. As Lew T says, people are voting with their feet. It's the only way to reverse the absurd direction that modern football is going in

It's brilliant. Can't think of a better way under the new FFFP rules for the club to progress and acquire the players we eventually want to see than people not buying season tickets and not attending matches. Best news I've heard for years. If everybody gave up on the club until there is literally nobody in the ground it would be even better - we need some sort of campaign to get this moving.

Who's in?

Sales of Shrewsbury Town's attractive Early Bird season ticket offer have exceeded the club’s expectations.

What's the deal with Shrewsbury? It says "attractive Early Bird season ticket offer" , does that mean they are currently cheaper than they will be in 2 weeks time? Are they cheaper than last season? How many tickets did they sell last season?

They could actually be losing out by doing this.

It's brilliant. Can't think of a better way under the new FFFP rules for the club to progress and acquire the players we eventually want to se e than people not buying season tickets and not attending matches. Best news I've heard for years. If everybody gave up on the club until there is literally nobody in the ground it would be even better - we need some sort of campaign to get this moving.

Who's in?

I wasn't talking about Bristol City, I was talking about football in general

Been a fan since '97 and next season will be the first time I buy a season ticket (this is not a 'I'm a better fan than someone who doesn't have a ST') Not expecting us to come straight back up, in fact I don't think we will for a while (realistic expectations set - check), so here's another 1 to add to the total sold column.

Personally I don't believe in the generalised fans voting with their feet statement as I don't see how this would help City's cause (It would make a bigger statement if PL fans walked away from those clubs and supported lower league football instead. This might make more of a statement to football). That said I do understand why long term ST holders and getting frustrated spending hard earned cash to watch what's been on offer.

I don't think I'm the only one who will be renewing ,but, at the last possible moment as the cash is better off in my account till then .

I'm like you leaving it as long as possible before i get mine no point going overdrawn in my bank account.

How much are they charging for season tickets?

What's the deal with Shrewsbury? It says "attractive Early Bird season ticket offer" , does that mean they are currently cheaper than they will be in 2 weeks time? Are they cheaper than last season? How many tickets did they sell last season?

They could actually be losing out by doing this.

Just found this regarding Shrewsbury ticket prices , I don't reckon they will sell that many more from here on in.

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/documents/season-ticket-flyer181-685789.pdf

so its cheaper to get a ST here then............

Can I refer the honourable gentleman to the post I made earlier?

BMVoBhzCAAAdfU5.jpg

Go here for a more readable version https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMVoBhzCAAAdfU5.jpg:large

Shrewsbury becomes most expensive League One ticket (well, after Sheff Utd as it turns out) after the Early Bird sales so you would expect them to sell well. We don't have an Early Bird scheme so people are waiting to see who else we buy/sell before committing - seems reasonable.

CHEAPER TO WATCH US THAN THE R*V*RS - unbelievable

Ouch - assuming our seats (dolman D) equate to Cat A, we're paying about 50% less that the "before April 4th" prices....even the family ticket after May 4th is more than we've paid.

This does seem to put the moans about our ST prices into perspective!

we always go on about how cheap we are but that's the rubbish seats. take the East End out - pillars and no backs to the seats which means us old folk suffer! what is out cheap seat in the atyeo or dolman? bradford city = THE BENCHMARK. I picked shrewsbury simply because they're a small town club with a population less than bedminster. and the gas are irrelevant whoever had to bring them in .. they have cheap terracing - amazing!

So we have the 4th cheapest ST out of the 92 (assuming no prem clubs have them that cheap). What else does the club have to do...really!?

I would have liked to have seen some boldness from the club and do something akin to what Bradford offer. They should be a smaller club than us but I bet their Season Ticket revenue ends up being more than ours. They'll average 12 or 13000 even if they are mid table. All their adult season tickets are £199 wherever they are in the ground. May I remind everyone that our ability to spend is directly linked to how much revenue we generate.

At £200 for any Adult season ticket, I think we'd sell 12 or 13000, raising £2.5 million or thereabouts. At current prices we will have perhaps 7000 season ticket holders at an average of £330? That's about the same revenue. What would you prefer, paying £330 to watch games with an average of 10000 or pay £200 to watch games with an average of 14000? Under which scenario will we sell more merchandise?

Bradford also have an interesting first option card where supporters who expect to watch a few games pay £50 up front. This reserves their seat and means they can buy tickets for any match at half price. The people who run Bradford clearly have imagination...

Absolutely right now is when we should be looking to expand our support by reducing the price. The club certainly raised the price when we climbed into the Championship, and then raised the wages afterwards. Now is the time to reduce the price as they have reduced the wages.

Archived