IGNORED

Albert In The Europa League?

glynriley

It's time to cash in. Of course we would like to get +£3m for Albert, but in the football league things is changing and not too many mega deals are going to be done. That's for the dream world that is he Premier League.

Albert has made me smile with pleasure many times, but also made me hang my head in frustration - for reasons that have often come up in this forum in the past from others. If we get near £1m then I think we will have done alright. I feel that a good balanced City side probably doesn't need the luxury of player like Albert. We are in League 1 and must face the slog and grind of a different type of football than that we saw in the Championship. If Albert wants to go let him. Keeping him will not guarantee promotion at all, and then might lose him at the end of the season and achieved nothing.

How is that having a bad attitude though? He usually has 2 players on him every time he gets the ball. He does have faults to his game but has improved on tracking back. Every time he has the ball everyone expects him to skin 4 or 5 players and it just doesn't work like that. He is always a threat no doubt about it, even if his decision making needs to improve.

For the record if he leaves he will become a better player than he is now by far. Surrounded by better players I think he will do very well at a higher level.

Perhaps "attitude" is the wrong word.

I would like to see Albert show more "desire" to get behind the opposing full backs. As other posters have said, he sometimes has 2 players marking him when he receives the ball. He has to show that he is not a 1 trick pony.

I`d rather see Albert get behind the opposing defence by latching onto a telling through ball. Receiving the ball and then trying go past a number of players is not so effective.

He must show more desire IMO.

Perhaps "attitude" is the wrong word.

I would like to see Albert show more "desire" to get behind the opposing full backs. As other posters have said, he sometimes has 2 players marking him when he receives the ball. He has to show that he is not a 1 trick pony.

I`d rather see Albert get behind the opposing defence by latching onto a telling through ball. Receiving the ball and then trying go past a number of players is not so effective.

He must show more desire IMO.

Yeah I must admit that's one thing I can't argue with. Apart from his pace and direct dribbling he does need to be able to develop a little extra to be able to beat defenders when they double up.

I must admit when he first arrived and was an unknown quantity he would always run in behind defences and was a little more direct. Now he does seem to drop a little deeper and want the ball from deep. Whether he has been instructed to do so I am not sure.

One thing thing that's for sure though is he has carried us for far too long now. With the exception of Stead under Del and a few other decent performances every now and then we probably would have been down before now had it not been for Albert. I rate him highly, yes he needs to improve but if he goes he will go onto become a better player.

Sorry unless we're going to get £1m after giving Barnet their share it isn't worth letting him go. He'll get us an additional 10-12 points by being in the team, potentially the difference between 10th and 5th. Therefore I would think we need bids of £1.4m+ before we should consider accepting.

Sorry unless we're going to get £1m after giving Barnet their share it isn't worth letting him go. He'll get us an additional 10-12 points by being in the team, potentially the difference between 10th and 5th. Therefore I would think we need bids of £1.4m+ before we should consider accepting.

8 max.

If we're only going to get £1m (don't forget Barnet also get a percentage of this) I actually think we should keep him, he'll certainly tear a fair few teams apart in div 1 plus he could be the difference between finishing in the top 6 and not. Promotion will be worth more than the 5-600k we'll actually get.

On his day £1Mil is good money.

Unfortunately, In my opinion, he didn't have too many good days last season, and Mr O' Driscoll saw through him and played him as a bench warmer.

Would suggest £500,000 would be too good to turn down?

Unfortunately, In my opinion, he didn't have too many good days last season, and Mr O' Driscoll saw through him and played him as a bench warmer.

Its business, Albert is worth this and this. City have to get real paid for him. Debit and credit, simple.

If Zaha is worth £10m Albert must be worth £1.5m at least. I genuinely believe that if we only got offers of 500k the board would turn it down and let him see out the rest of his contract.

IMO he dribbles past 1 or even 2 players then that is the end of it.

When the full backs have the ball and looking for a runner, what is Albert doing? he is near the full back and not making the telling run.

Not so long ago we had McIndoe who was far more intelligent and far more effective.

At the end of the day I expect more from Albert.

In my opinion Albert is our best player easily, but just didn't have a good enough team around him. He also sold tickets, because the right wing area of the Dolman and Williams always had more seats taken than the left wing area's! Albert also took players on whereas a lot of players were too 'afraid' to take them on and often passed on the responsibilities. With a good team around him Albert WILL flourish just like Yannick Bolasie has at Palace

yeh, right !

Its business, Albert is worth this and this. City have to get real paid for him. Debit and credit, simple.

If Zaha is worth £10m Albert must be worth £1.5m at least. I genuinely believe that if we only got offers of 500k the board would turn it down and let him see out the rest of his contract

The problem we have is that we have been relegated.

1) Clubs know we now have to cut our expenditure. They will be looking to offer as little as possible.

2) Adomah is out of contract at the end of the coming season (?) and surely can't let him walk away as a free agent.

It's all very well saying he's worth £1.5 million, but he's only worth it if someone is prepared to offer that sort of money.

I hope there is a club somewhere willing to pay that sort of money, but reality is, he'll go for nothing in 12 months!

That's why I think anything from £500,000 is realistic.

Doesn't incr play left midfield?

He can play both, but prefers to play on the right wing so he can cut in on his left.

To be honest I would be very surprised to see Ince end up at Cardiff. He will go for a big fee and will probably attract bigger clubs than Cardiff.

He can play both, but prefers to play on the right wing so he can cut in on his left.

To be honest I would be very surprised to see Ince end up at Cardiff. He will go for a big fee and will probably attract bigger clubs than Cardiff.

Ahh that's it, like Anderson then

Archived