IGNORED

Tins Is Back

westonred

OK..

So we have a word... Legend...?

Was John Ateyo a legend...? Too many what he achieved while playing for City would put him in this category..

IMHO Tinnion was miles from being in that class and there are many more players I would promote before him..

So just to clarify if someone calls Tinnion a legend, then they cannot put the likes of Merrick, Galley, Gow, Gibson etc in the same mould.

At best an average player - and in my opinion far from a legend...

Hope that clears it up...

How on earth can you compare Ateyo to Tinnion?

OK..

Was John Ateyo a legend...? Too many what he achieved while playing for City would put him in this category..

IMHO Tinnion was miles from being in that class and there are many more players I would promote before him..

So just to clarify if someone calls Tinnion a legend, then they cannot put the likes of Merrick, Galley, Gow, Gibson etc in the same mould.

Ok, but what about for a fan like me, who never saw those guys play, having only been around since 1986, and started watching City in 92. Who contributed more to BCFC in the past 20 years? Forget the mid-late 70s, they were our glory days and those guys were obviously better footballers. Who would you rank above Tinnion as a 'club legend' in this period?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just intrigued.

The song?

Please do remind me...

to the tune of my old mans a dustman,

Tinman is a shithead

he wares a red and white hat

he plays (played) for bristol city

and is a very nice chap

He really hates the rovers

he wishes they were dead

and if he sees a gashead

he'll kick him in the head

oooooooooooooooo

and repeat

OK..

458 games over 12 years. Hope that clears it up for you.

OK..

It certainly does. In short, your conclusion that he isn't a legend (based on his on-field contribution to Bristol City) is based on your opinion that he was 'at best an average player'.

Some might say that the issue you've alluded to isn't so much a failure to comprehend the meaning of the word 'legend' as a marked difference in opinion?

That's fine, no problem with that at all, but why try to insult people's intelligence?

Would you not say that at City he is extremely famous or notorious? There certainly aren't many people at Ashton Gate on a Saturday afternoon that don't know much about him? So isn't he therefore a City legend?

Of course he is but that is not what the definition is; you, yourself, are 'extremely famous or notorious' in your household and you may well be a legend in the eyes of your Mum. In short, you can narrow the definition down to a legend since 1990 wearing a City shirt. You then debase the word beyond all form of recognition and that is NOT what the word means.

Its embarrassing for him as well because he knows better.

Tinman was a loyal servant to City and played some good football and scored quite a few cracking goals and important ones at that. He was a very decent footballer at League 1 level. Personally I would leave it at that.

When it comes to sports people and actors it is no doubt one of the most over-used and exaggerated words in English usage.

to the tune of my old mans a dustman,

Tinman is a shithead

he wares a red and white hat

he plays (played) for bristol city

and is a very nice chap

He really hates the rovers

he wishes they were dead

and if he sees a gashead

he'll kick him in the head

oooooooooooooooo

and repeat

Thanks Monk,

I was of course joking!

Welcome back Tins.

Fair play to him for going away and rejuvenating his career in the game. This should be good for us and knows the club inside out.

Regardless of his short comings as a manager he will always be a legend as a player to me. No doubt about that. Class act, sweet left peg and a fantastic pro. We have missed his sort.

Not that it really matters, but I think in total he played 551 games for City. It was certainly comfortably over 500 as his 500th game was away at Notts County.

Sorry bud got it from his Wiki. You are right 551.

I'd suggest your holiday isn't all that anyway if you're logged on to OTIB!!

Beautiful in the Obzor sunshine..

Wonders of technology nowadays.. Can enjoy 'all inclusive' and wifi connection...

There were days when you couldn't even get a paper abroad.. And Bulgaria is very much like that :laugh:..

Wonders of technology nowadays.. Can enjoy 'all inclusive' and wifi connection...

There were days when you couldn't even get a paper abroad.. And Bulgaria is very much like that :laugh:..

Ever thought of moving permanently?

Got yourself one of they new fangled mobile phone jobbies aint ya !

Big+Cell+Phone.jpg

Ever thought of moving permanently?

As others have said bore off.

Amazing if you have an opinion for whatever reason, if it doesn't fit with the 'happy clappies' then things get personal...

That's goes to show how shallow and narrow minded some fans can be...

Fall in line or you get totally scathed for having an opinion...

Still I suppose it makes them feel better, and are obviously always right...

Amazing if you have an opinion for whatever reason, if it doesn't fit with the 'happy clappies' then things get personal...

That's goes to show how shallow and narrow minded some fans can be...

Fall in line or you get totally scathed for having an opinion...

Still I suppose it makes them feel better, and are obviously always right...

It's more you've made your point (which you're entitled to) on numerous occasions now on any thread relating to Tins. You don't need to disrupt other people's discussion every time. For what's worth I'm neither a happy clapper nor massive Tins fan.

Legend in my eyes. We have missed his style of passing for years. Sad that it didn't work out for him as Manager but when he was in the team you always felt we had a chance against anyone. Always gave 100% and clearly loved the club, unlike some of the lazy money grabbers we've had since.

It's more you've made your point (which you're entitled to) on numerous occasions now on any thread relating to Tins. You don't need to disrupt other people's discussion every time. For what's worth I'm neither a happy clapper nor massive Tins fan.

So a Tinnion thread is all about being 'happy clappy'...?

Like you rightly say, I have (and will always have) my personal views on the guy..

And so does everyone else... And the some posters apply the same feelings time and time again in another way..?

So does this make them right and only them able to keep posting their views..?

Get the gist of a forum, then understand...

Archived