IGNORED

Tins Is Back

westonred

I take your point about jobs for the boys, but surely that depends on who is behind the recruitment.

If it's Lansdown, it could be seen that way but if it's a SOD apointment that argument doesn't work as he's never worked with Tinnion.

I also don't see what his previous job as first team manager has to do with this current role, they are totaly different. You're aking lots of question but can't provide any answers yourself, so we'll have to assume that whoever gave him the job thinks he's the best man for it. The proof will obviously be in the pudding.

I never said I had any answers Glyn RIley.

And I agree that the proof is definitely in the Pudding.

I just hope it works.

But, I have my doubts!

I never said I had any answers Glyn RIley.

And I agree that the proof is definitely in the Pudding.

I just hope it works.

But, I have my doubts!

I know, but to question if he's the right man for the job without knowing an alternative, seems a bit strange.

But a you say, it's your opinion and I'm not looking for a row.

I know, but to question if he's the right man for the job without knowing an alternative, seems a bit strange.

It would be very boring if we all the same opinions. You are right though GR.

Lay off the booze.

He has a point. He played in the prem, played in two world cups played in top division teams across Europe.

For us he was a mixed bag. On his day a lot better than most. He is a completely different player to tins, so hard to judge like for like. But his career is much better than Tins when you consider who he played for and where he played.

He has a point. He played in the prem, played in two world cups played in top division teams across Europe.

For us he was a mixed bag. On his day a lot better than most. He is a completely different player to tins, so hard to judge like for like. But his career is much better than Tins when you consider who he played for and where he played.

If Tinnion was Austrailian I am sure he would of played in a World Cup.

If Tinnion was Austrailian I am sure he would of played in a World Cup.

That is a if, not a fact. Anyway tinnion is a left sided/central midfielder. Wilkshire for most of his career has been a right back (well after leaving us)

At the end of the day the history books will have him as more of a talent than Tinnion. Who will forever be remembered by city fans for having a good left foot. That FA cup goal and helping numerous left backs.

Wilkshire will be remembered as having occasional great games but on the whole average. But going on to better things and performing in the top level of the leagues he played in and in 2 world cups.

Tinnion was good for us, Wilkshire had a far better career and still does.

His goal versus Tranmere is a personal highlight of mine down the gate.

Brilliant effort.

That is a if, not a fact. Anyway tinnion is a left sided/central midfielder. Wilkshire for most of his career has been a right back (well after leaving us)

At the end of the day the history books will have him as more of a talent than Tinnion. Who will forever be remembered by city fans for having a good left foot. That FA cup goal and helping numerous left backs.

Wilkshire will be remembered as having occasional great games but on the whole average. But going on to better things and performing in the top level of the leagues he played in and in 2 world cups.

Tinnion was good for us, Wilkshire had a far better career and still does.

But the World Cup thing has no relevance. Tinnion was far better for City that is it.

His goal versus Tranmere is a personal highlight of mine down the gate.

Brilliant effort.

Was a top effort. Wilkshire grew on me (ooo errr) but as a player I preferred Tinnion. But the talent when he chose to show it, was good. He certainly had more to his game than Tinman. But that doesn't stop Tinman being a city legend in my eyes and Luke Wilkshire a fleeting memory.

My views on Brian Tinnion have been well documented previously, and I've been slaughtered for having an opinion, so I really can't be arsed to start another slanging thread.

However, in light of his appointment, I find it strange that a little while ago - on this forum - I'm pretty certain there were threads/topics about former players joining the coaching staff, and how it seemed Bristol city was a club "For the Boys"

(Alan Walsh and Stuart Naylor are two that spring to mind.)Yes There Were. People slating a backroom and coaching staff that hadn't got us relegated in 14 years...McInness and his group of numpty's managed it in one! Idiots!!

New coaches new ideas, and a fresh views at Ashton Gate, I believe was the vision.

Tinnion is a new coach with new ideas and Sean O Driscoll and the DoF have made the decision he is the man for the job!

By re-appointing one of the worst managers we've had (in my time) is a massive step backward.

How many starlets were coached in the Spanish Sunshine and have gone on to play in Spain, England or wherever?

It's a completely different ball game when you wear boots instead of your holiday espadrilles!

He is not re-appointed as manager. He has been appointed as U21 Coach. I dont know how many players have done something with Tinions help...But I bet SoD does!....Espadrilles?

David Moyes was a visitor to the Academy, so says Tinnion. Fine praise indeed (Or is self praise, no praise at all)

He also scouted for Everton? How many players that have gone through the Goodison Park Entrance are due to Tinnions eye for talent?

Dont know how many have done something at Everton...But I bet SoD does

Before you Keyboard Warriors start blistering your fingers with retorts (it is only my opinion) but I think Bristol City have taken another massive gamble on Brian Tinnion.

Every penny the club spend HAS to work.

I'm afraid I'm no "Stato" but surely there must have been better options than this.

Or, are Bistol City foregoing a better future by refusing to invest in the best, and instead returning to their tried and trusted way of the Cheap Option?

Ask SoD. It seems to me they have been pretty up front with the vision...Myopia or blinkers can be a problem

ARPAUL I hope you appreciate me trying to make your day a little brighter, you certainly need a little colour!

Seriously its your opinion and your entitled....Good onya!....But the horse is dead and no amount of flogging will make it walk!.

Sometimes it's more about what you do off the pitch than on it.

A true leader, loves the city and the club, folklore goals. Great with the kids off the pitch, a fighter, commited, a true gent and most importantly - humble. He didn't flash the cash, moan about contracts or get pissed up town every week. And in the early premier league years, this was rare!

In terms of a role model for younger players, two words - fantastic choice.

Yes he played in league one, but that's where we were. He might not have had the ability of the premier league, but he was a joy to watch.

And I tell you, in my relatively short years of supporting city; there'd be no one else I'd want to play alongside in a city shirt, and he'd be the first name on my team sheet.

He might not have flashed the cash or got pissed every weekend but didn't he have an affair with his misses best mate and then move across the street and live with her!? Swear I remember it being big news in the paper but can't find it in news archives... If true not such a true gent after all

I think it's a good appointment, he was city through and through and clearly still is. Time will tell whether he's learnt from his experiences. Good luck tins and welcome home!!

I never understand why some City fans are happy to refer to themselves as shitheads? It's a braindead Gas attempt to 'answer' the Gashead thing.

We're Ciderheads if we're anything. Let the Blue Few keep the puerile insults. Time to adapt the song.

I always thought we adopted it because of how embarrassingly immature the insult was?

I'm not sure of Tinnions appointment.

This is a vital position recruiting players for the academy and the U-21s and its the clubs future - its that important. I can't see that he has the experience for it and whilst I don't doubt his coaching credentials with young players, this job is entirely different.

His time in Spain is very sketchy with hardly any relevant information available and scouting for Everton isn't a big deal - plenty of scouts out there. I can't help thinking that there must be much more qualified people for this position.

But I suppose he went through a rigorous selection procedure with other candidates and came out on top. I hope that was the case rather than just giving him the job. The club could have stated that there were good candidates and Tinnion got the job fair and square but they didn't and that raises questions.

I really hope it works out for Tinnion and especially the club but I have my reservations.

I suspect you were being sarcastic. However, considering that City did a rigorous selection procedure for a managing director and ended up with the owner's son, and further back did a rigorous selection for chief scout and ended up with the manager's brother, I imagine that Tinnion had the same rigorous selection.

This is one of the systemic failings at City that means we are not going to succeed unless we get lucky. Since this problem starts from the top down, we'll have to get used to nepotism (and old boys networks) reproducing the same old rubbish.

ARPAUL I hope you appreciate me trying to make your day a little brighter, you certainly need a little colour!

Seriously its your opinion and your entitled....Good onya!....But the horse is dead and no amount of flogging will make it walk!.

Thanks for the answers redoxo. Unfortunately, I have failed my colour blind test too many times to recall, so all your hard work and effort is wasted on me.

May I ask why I need a little colour?

As I say, my views on Brian Tinnion are well documented.

Hopefully, his success as Academy Director, or whatever his title is, will persuade me to soften my opinion, unlike coloured messages.

Thanks for taking time to read my views.

Never look to row with anyone Glynn Riley.

It's only opinions that are expressed on here, and your posts are always worth a read.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the answers redoxo. Unfortunately, I have failed my colour blind test too many times to recall, so all your hard work and effort is wasted on me.

May I ask why I need a little colour?

As I say, my views on Brian Tinnion are well documented.

Hopefully, his success as Academy Director, or whatever his title is, will persuade me to soften my opinion, unlike coloured messages.

Thanks for taking time to read my views.

Yes we all hope it does too!

First of all, Tinnion is a legend.

The word "legend" does not mean someone was the most technically gifted player of their generation. To me, and I think most City fans, the word "legend" applies to someone who was a great player, and/or who played hundreds of games, lived and breathed City, showed passion and personality on the pitch and whose flashes of brilliance made the difference in huge games. Those of us who were at Anfield will never forget THAT GOAL - add that and any of the hundreds of inch-perfect passes or free kicks to Tinnion's 551 games and you have a legend.

And yes, for me that means our modern-day legends include Scotty Murray, Louis Carey, Bob Taylor and Jackie Dziekanowski (despite his fewer appearances). Maybe Rob Newman too. They do not include Wilkshire, Hartley, Basso, Osman etc.

But you can't put "legend" on your CV and it doesn't qualify you for any sort of job. So although I welcome Tins back to City, I hope he got the job based on his experience an d because he was the best applicant, not for any other reason. Time will tell.

Archived