IGNORED

Brian Stock

Mendip City

Good player stock.only averaging about 1 in 10 goals to games ratio and we could really do with a more prolific scorer in midfield.only on that rumour site because of the sod at doncaster link probably but 1 experienced midfielder would be a good move with the likelihood being plenty of young talent being plyed there this season.

Like I said, no contracted footballers :cool:

Touché.

Interestingly, those that are calling for some experience in the squad, as well as Pearson we have Kilkenny, Fontaine & Foster all aged 27 with over 300 appearances each and Elliott at 28 with a similar amount of appearances, and those 5 are probably the one's most people on this forum would like to see the back of.

Touché.

Interestingly, those that are calling for some experience in the squad, as well as Pearson we have Kilkenny, Fontaine & Foster all aged 27 with over 300 appearances each and Elliott at 28 with a similar amount of appearances, and those 5 are probably the one's most people on this forum would like to see the back of.

I'd still keep Elliott and Fonts as backup unless we got decent offers.

Probably only coming about due to his history with SOD.

Would be pleased if he signed as he's got creativity and can pass a ball forward instead of sidewards and backwards all the time.

This is all very well but to play balls other than back and sideways you need to set your team up to have players moving into space ahead of the ball and I don't mean lumping it down the pitch to a lone striker. They obviously need to have the control, energy, foresight and willingness to be able to adapt to this style. Hope we get those players in, as we have not got them at the moment, then we might see some swift, inter passing, incisive football that we have been starved of for so long.

This is all very well but to play balls other than back and sideways you need to set your team up to have players moving into space ahead of the ball and I don't mean lumping it down the pitch to a lone striker. They obviously need to have the control, energy, foresight and willingness to be able to adapt to this style. Hope we get those players in, as we have not got them at the moment, then we might see some swift, inter passing, incisive football that we have been starved of for so long.

Very good point. If you've got players who are hiding, it's a bit difficult to pass the ball to them.

We have been linked with Stock for about the last 3 years, every pre season. I guess this is just an old rumour, re used during the quiet pre season period.

I would be happy with him for a season or two, but think this is just the same old usual crap you get at this time of year.

You said the same about defenders

Yawn

No I didn't and defenders have left

We are spending more then 80% of of the total amount aloud on wages

Why would we waste more on a central midfielder before we have a goalkeeper and a back up goalkeeper?

No I didn't and defenders have left

We are spending more then 80% of of the total amount aloud on wages

Why would we waste more on a central midfielder before we have a goalkeeper and a back up goalkeeper?

So it is your OPINION and not fact then...?!

So you think we should sign a midfielder risk a transfer embargo before we have a goalkeeper in the squad then?

No. In my opinion, we will not be looking to sign a midfielder before we can offload others. I will not be stating it as fact that we will not be signing one though.

No. In my opinion, we will not be looking to sign a midfielder before we can offload others. I will not be stating it as fact that we will not be signing one though.

So I should put in my opinion in ever post because u are too thick to think for yourself then then

So I should put in my opinion in ever post because u are too thick to think for yourself then then

If I was thick, then I wouldn't understand your posts, for lack of punctuation!

The fact that you constantly post your bullshit opinion, as fact, on almost every topic, is what I take issue with.

Archived