IGNORED

Anyone Else Starting To Believe.

charlie_adam_no1fan

With the signings made and the pending signing of a decent keeper I certainly am more optimistic than I was a month ago! It'll be refreshing to see a younger generation that has to prove themselves giving it a go rather than what we have been watching over the last few seasons

With the signings made and the pending signing of a decent keeper I certainly am more optimistic than I was a month ago! It'll be refreshing to see a younger generation that has to prove themselves giving it a go rather than what we have been watching over the last few seasons

It is also good to see that the signings we have are not injury plauged.

I'm siding with caution this year I've been optimistic for the last 3 seasons and frankly they have been shit,

these young lads are good on paper but none are really experanced or proven (flint maybe is) at this level they could be the next caulker but theres also a good chance they are the next harpel singh,

I reserve judgment until I see them play

of and the first game of the season is a nailed on 2-2 draw :)

I imagine there has to be some sort of clearence due to Rangers not being allowed to buy players or appear to be buying players.

Will we have to but out his contract? Rangers can only sign OOC players so we may have to do this and show it on the balance sheet. How will that effect SCMP/FFP??

Will we have to but out his contract? Rangers can only sign OOC players so we may have to do this and show it on the balance sheet. How will that effect SCMP/FFP??

with a gentlemans agreement, he rips up his contract for nothing and rangers give him a larger signing on fee while we keep all monies from the friendly?

with a gentlemans agreement, he rips up his contract for nothing and rangers give him a larger signing on fee while we keep all monies from the friendly?

Sorry, I'm confused, how is a friendly a payment? We wouldn't make much money would we?

I'm optimistic about the future but the near future, not so much. You only have to look at Coventry to see what could be our season coming up as they tried to get rid of dead wood, rebuild and go down the route of using youth players and they ended 15th. I know we have a better set up, a better manager and a great academy that is improving by leaps and bounds but youth and changing a club from the core takes time and we aren't going to see any world beaters any time soon. Next season will be about bedding in, the young players learning to play together and under SOD, not about chasing promotion.

I personally hope there is no chase for the play offs, certainly no title chase, all I want to see is the team gel well, play some good football and for the young lads to get a season of experience training" so to speak. Once the season is over and we can shift some more dead wood and bring in a solid midfield I'll be more interested in play offs and so on, for now it's all about rebuilding and learning to walk before we're trying to run again.

A goalkeeper or 2 is kind of important, with pre season almost upon us. Then anything could happen............... and probably will.

We had better be ready for a tough August first though, then ask again.

Sorry, I'm confused, how is a friendly a payment? We wouldn't make much money would we?

4000 rangers fans at 16 quid a pop is 64k say we sell 11000 at 16 quid a pop thats another 176k so total monies due is 240k, lets say for arguement sakes 120k goes to the cost of policing that leaves 120k normally split between the two clubs, if rangers wave their fee and proffit that leaves us with 120k which is prob whats due on his contract (if he's on 2k a week)

4000 rangers fans at 16 quid a pop is 64k say we sell 11000 at 16 quid a pop thats another 176k so total monies due is 240k, lets say for arguement sakes 120k goes to the cost of policing that leaves 120k normally split between the two clubs, if rangers wave their fee and proffit that leaves us with 120k which is prob whats due on his contract (if he's on 2k a week)

True, so in many ways it's a testimonial if the money is going to Foster.

I'd be happy if we made no money and only had the match as a fans treat.

I'm optimistic about the future but the near future, not so much. You only have to look at Coventry to see what could be our season coming up as they tried to get rid of dead wood, rebuild and go down the route of using youth players and they ended 15th. I know we have a better set up, a better manager and a great academy that is improving by leaps and bounds but youth and changing a club from the core takes time and we aren't going to see any world beaters any time soon. Next season will be about bedding in, the young players learning to play together and under SOD, not about chasing promotion.

I personally hope there is no chase for the play offs, certainly no title chase, all I want to see is the team gel well, play some good football and for the young lads to get a season of experience training" so to speak. Once the season is over and we can shift some more dead wood and bring in a solid midfield I'll be more interested in play offs and so on, for now it's all about rebuilding and learning to walk before we're trying to run again.

they had a 10 point deduction they would of been 12th without that 9 points off the play-offs

True, so in many ways it's a testimonial if the money is going to Foster.

I'd be happy if we made no money and only had the match as a fans treat.

thats a big if mind, I'm guessing, Its not even comfirmed that he's going is it?

Says how far Rangers have fallen getting excited about signing those.

Just what I was thinking, us offloading a player to Rangers and just about everybody happy with that. If these players are an improvement to what they have, what the hell do they have?!

Btw, who does Foster play for in the friendly, us or them!

Archived