IGNORED

Ashton Vale - Any Hope ?

Bourne End Red

In my opinion Ashton Vale is pivotal to our success in the future. The facilities and expansion that Ashton Vale can give us will see us into the next 100 years. We need a stadium we can grow into. A stadium fit for Premier League football. I think the Ashton Gate revamp looks a bit 2nd rate. It looks like a stadium that suits a team in the 2nd tier of English football. We need Ashton Vale at all costs, not just for Bristol City, but for the City of Bristol. I still can’t believe that the city STILL hasn’t got a decent music venue, and at least one decent sports venue. If we have to revamp Ashton Gate, and with the Gas moving out of the city, that surely means that this isn’t going to happen in most of our lifetimes (modern stadia).

no one else has mentioned the possibility of building a court for the basketball

at AV now that SL owns them

Would rather the city work on getting better Basketball facilities at the ground level for kids to go out and use whenever they feel like it. One positive about football is you can just put down some sweaters and play. Need more preparation for Basketball which is difficult.

I think too many people are jumping to too many conclusions too early, probably myself included at least in part.

Maybe City have some ideas that they may end up with two stadia. AG may just be a partially redeveloped one which might end up as the home for Bristol Rugby alone or shared with those bouncy ball people and no doubt a few other ball sports Steve's got churning.

Anybody thought he may now be thinking totally out of the proverbial box? i.e. in the face of adversity you change tack and a new idea or opportunity opens up but you do not always want to say it publicly only I just have cos i don't count and I just made it up.

Very little prospect of AV now.

Basically we'll need the inspector to find in our favour and the opposition group not to contest that ruling.

Does anyone seriously believe those two things will happen? I doubt the first and there is no chance of the second.

That 2 stadia idea? Not a chance.

Would rather the city work on getting better Basketball facilities at the ground level for kids to go out and use whenever they feel like it. One positive about football is you can just put down some sweaters and play. Need more preparation for Basketball which is difficult.

I started a local basketball team but we had finacial troubles and it went through the hoop.

Archived