IGNORED

Ashton Vale - Any Hope ?

Bourne End Red

Just wondered if there is any hope for Ashton Vale still being built ?

As much as i love Ashton Gate i think if we are to progress we need to have a site where we have no limits on design and space etc.

Without getting into a debate over AG or AV, i just wanted to know is AV dead and buried or is there still hope it could go ahead etc ?

Thanks.

Just wondered if there is any hope for Ashton Vale still being built ?

As much as i love Ashton Gate i think if we are to progress we need to have a site where we have no limits on design and space etc.

Without getting into a debate over AG or AV, i just wanted to know is AV dead and buried or is there still hope it could go ahead etc ?

Thanks.

there never was much hope, only a fools hope :)

Lansdown won't give up, but if we don't get things going our way in october then that will end our plans for a football ground on that land, Lansdown will continue to fight it and build somehing else there when he wins,

there never was much hope, only a fools hope :)

Lansdown won't give up, but if we don't get things going our way in october then that will end our plans for a football ground on that land, Lansdown will continue to fight it and build somehing else there when he wins,

Look to Lansdown's coming on the fifth day (November 2013). At dawn look to the east and see the diggers arriving.

It'd be nice to have some clarification from SL or JL. It'd be a shame for such a great design to go to waste but I guess the club couldn't have fought harder for it. Everything implies that the club is solely focusing on redeveloping Ashton Gate now sadly.

I'm not sure, I think it just implies that we have a Plan B. SL is still a businessman and he knows that Ashton Vale will be more convenient and profitable, both in the long-term and during building. I just hope he fights this as long as he can, he has come this far, no point bailing now.

In all seriousness the Ashton Gate redevelopment plans do look very much a 2nd option, and somewhat rushed, hinting that AV is still where all their hopes are resting on. Really hoping for positive news in October now

Look to Lansdown's coming on the fifth day (November 2013). At dawn look to the east and see the diggers arriving.

Sean O'Driscoll: I didnt think it would end this way.

Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesnt end here. Relegation is just another path One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass And then you see it.

O'Driscoll; What? Gandalf? See what?

Gandalf: A promotion campaign and maybe a successful play off final at the home of football. The whole of the West Country trekking up the M4 under a swift sunrise.

O'Driscoll: Well, that isnt so bad.

Gandalf: No No it isnt.

It'd be nice to have some clarification from SL or JL. It'd be a shame for such a great design to go to waste but I guess the club couldn't have fought harder for it. Everything implies that the club is solely focusing on redeveloping Ashton Gate now sadly.

SL has given clarification of what's happening.

Just posted on the AG redevelopment thread what I took from that consultation regard AV was told that SL will fight for the site though its turning into a situation like brighton's. though it wasn't said reading between the lines i would guess that the AG redevelopment seems pretty nailed on. Stated new financial rules have helped influence the decision as will not be able to compete as we currently are.

Is the plan to make the redeveloped AG look worse than AV so we all go for AV as the better option?

shovel enough make up on an old tart, give her a new pair of boobies, a bit or filler here and there and a new dress or two, guess what - shes still an old tart.

AG can never be as 'good' as ashton vale. Personally, if we could make the Ateyeo a bit bigger (we cant) I'd settle for an improved ashton gate.

But regardless of personal views on should we stay or should we go, I think we can all agree there is a minority of pathetic cretinious individuals hiding behind the villiage green legislation and anonymity, perverting the course of democracy. And the saddest thing of all - the proposed development would have benefited wildlife and the local enviroment/community. Small minded winkers, eh.

Lansdowne got the AV site on the cheap from BCC because room for the arena was a big part of that deal so lord knows how things will work out on what is actually built there in the future.

The arena was never apart of any of our plans

I know it was never in BCFC plans but when the plans came out before the world cup bid artista impressions included an arena but it was to be added by bcc sometime in the future on a section of the AV site and this was a part of the deal which allowed the land to be bought on the cheap.thats what I remember anyway, im sure someone on her would remember because as I say the arena was shown in the pictures in the evening post.

shovel enough make up on an old tart, give her a new pair of boobies, a bit or filler here and there and a new dress or two, guess what - shes still an old tart.

AG can never be as 'good' as ashton vale. Personally, if we could make the Ateyeo a bit bigger (we cant) I'd settle for an improved ashton gate.

But regardless of personal views on should we stay or should we go, I think we can all agree there is a minority of pathetic cretinious individuals hiding behind the villiage green legislation and anonymity, perverting the course of democracy. And the saddest thing of all - the proposed development would have benefited wildlife and the local enviroment/community. Small minded winkers, eh.

But not in their back yard, people have been mentioning about the club buying up the houses behind the atyeo and the east end to enable the club to redevelop ashton gate to it's full potential...

I say buy up the homes where the nimbys live.......simples......it's probs only a couple

Lansdowne got the AV site on the cheap from BCC because room for the arena was a big part of that deal so lord knows how things will work out on what is actually built there in the future.

The land was not bought from BCC, it was bought from a private source. The arena was never part of any plans submitted. That's not saying that there was never the possibility of an arena becoming part of those plans. There was certainly room for an arena at the northern end, close to the proposed station and possibly at the southern end once TVG had been overturned, which is still a distinct possibility.

Don't forget, Ross Crail said that if the land Identified as Field 1 in the original application, was proven to be used as a landfil site during the application period which was up to October 2009, then the application for a TVG would not meet the criteria required to register it as a TVG and would be a major obsticle for the applicants for a TVG or words to that effect. The new evidence being presented, refers to this area and it's use.

Archived