IGNORED

Still Keen On Mcfadzean ?

Frome Red

He does not say in that article he is not interested in Adams. The article title and its wording is, not unusually for hacks, part waffle part truth and part hocus pocus bunkum and balderdash. Trouble is it is impossible to know in what ratios.

we've got Williams Fontaine Flint and as its stands Carey Wilson and Nyatanga I very much doubt we will pay 600k for another centre back,

6 pushing for 2 places possibly 3 is more then enough,

Unless Carey and Nytanga turn down their contract offers and Wilson or Fontaine move then I think its a nothing story

Good news. Shows that he knows once CB won't solve everything. Was very interested to see his reaction on MacFadzean when he came in, was waiting for SoD to say ''why are you looking at him?!''

we've signed 2 and have 6 senior ones still on the book

Guy hasn't played football consistently for months; Flint has just come off being involved in a play-off campaign.

Plus, with Williams now in the door, Fontaine here till we hear otherwise, Carey maybe back for another year and James Wilson, the perpetual almost-ran, about too, I don't think this area is now a priority.

Keeper(s), a central midfielder (experienced, to compliment Wynter's signing) and, if we lose anyone, replacements for them; that's what I think should be focusing on now.

We only actually have Wilson, Fontaine, Flint and Williams. Hopefully if we're watching McFadzean still their might be some truth in the Wilson to Yeovil rumour

Nyatanga an Carey haven't signed yet

they havent left yet ether

we've signed 2 and have 6 senior ones still on the book

would you be happy with the 6 we have? Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga and Wilson all need to be flushed out and replaced by new players ala Flint and MacFadzean. If we only signed one CB able to step straight into the first team (this being Flint, argue that the lad from Villa is too young) then people would be arguing we didn't sign enough.

would you be happy with the 6 we have? Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga and Wilson all need to be flushed out and replaced by new players ala Flint and MacFadzean. If we only signed one CB able to step straight into the first team (this being Flint, argue that the lad from Villa is too young) then people would be arguing we didn't sign enough.

no I want fontaine carey and wilson to leave, but fontaine and wilson are still under contract and we've offered carey another one so unless clubs come in we are stuck with them,

We still havent got a goal keeper yet we can't tie up all our budget until we bring in at least 1,

We are also short a right back now, if maloney gets injured who's going to play there?

no I want fontaine carey and wilson to leave, but fontaine and wilson are still under contract and we've offered carey another one so unless clubs come in we are stuck with them,

We still havent got a goal keeper yet we can't tie up all our budget until we bring in at least 1,

We are also short a right back now, if maloney gets injured who's going to play there?

I understand what you mean, but you can say what if Flint gets injured and we're left with Fontaine and Wilson playing CB? I'm sure SoD will bring in the essentials before bringing in the likes of MacFadzean

McFadzean tweeted Flint to congratulate him on his move to us on the 12th, quoting that Flint will do well as always!

Looks like they're pals, and despite at least 5 city fans then tweeting them both suggesting they should team up at the gate, neither of them responded again. Not sure they would work together, anyway too similar?

I understand what you mean, but you can say what if Flint gets injured and we're left with Fontaine and Wilson playing CB? I'm sure SoD will bring in the essentials before bringing in the likes of MacFadzean

we still have Williams Carey and nyatanga as well as Wynter who can fill in at CB, we can't bring another one in until one moves otherwise we're back with a large wage bill and bloated squad

Hasn't Carey signed a year contract yet ?! In his position he is lucky to get that and to not have signed it yet even though he is team captain, is pi$$ poor

I suppose if we did sign McFadzean, we could always retract the contract offer to Carey if need be?! Is that allowed?

We could look at James Wilson as RB cover then there is a spot available if Nyatanga moves on. First choice of Flint and Williams when the season starts with back up of MacFadzean and Fontaine and Carey on the sidelines. Wilson to cover Moloney and Bryan behind Cunningham and we're all good. 2RB, 2LB, 5CB.

Be honest Tangs wont sign a new deal because of the end of season interest that was widely reported in the papers etc, personally i'm shocked Carey hasn't signed that deal yet? Cant understand why he wouldn't unless hes holding out for a bit more money or indeed got offers on the table (but from who?)....Fonts i'd like to see stay and recreate some of his best form but i can see a low end championship club taking a punt on him.

Clearing out all these players may well see us take a punt on MacFadzean. For me i think that will mean Greg will be pushed up to LM next year.

Fielding, Williams, Flint, MacFadzean, Maloney looks expericanced enough to handle that league, Williams being the inexperienced but i'm sure he'll be a quick learner!

Be honest Tangs wont sign a new deal because of the end of season interest that was widely reported in the papers etc, personally i'm shocked Carey hasn't signed that deal yet? Cant understand why he wouldn't unless hes holding out for a bit more money or indeed got offers on the table (but from who?)....Fonts i'd like to see stay and recreate some of his best form but i can see a low end championship club taking a punt on him.

Clearing out all these players may well see us take a punt on MacFadzean. For me i think that will mean Greg will be pushed up to LM next year.

Fielding, Williams, Flint, MacFadzean, Maloney looks expericanced enough to handle that league, Williams being the inexperienced but i'm sure he'll be a quick learner!

His current deal won't run out until Sunday. Expect news on Monday.

Archived