IGNORED

Uruguay Accuse Neymar Of Being A Diver

I've said it before and I'll say it again, never mind goal-line technology, retrospective sanctions on diving/feigning injury should be Fifa's top priority. And sanctions should be harsh - it's rife and has spread like dry rot from Latino countries to every level of the English game. It's been growing for years, but since the 2006 World Cup proved you could cheat and prosper at the highest level, it's now endemic.

and speaking as one whose football watching days began in the early 70s, it never used to be.

Been saying this for a long time. For instance, Rivaldo feigning injury against Turkey in the World Cup-ban for the rest of the tournament. This would stop it. Likewise Bilic and the cheating geezer that was responsible for the sending off of Kaka..the list goes ever on. Harsh retrospective punishment is the only way this will be eradicated from the game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, never mind goal-line technology, retrospective sanctions on diving/feigning injury should be Fifa's top priority. And sanctions should be harsh - it's rife and has spread like dry rot from Latino countries to every level of the English game. It's been growing for years, but since the 2006 World Cup proved you could cheat and prosper at the highest level, it's now endemic.

and speaking as one whose football watching days began in the early 70s, it never used to be.

Agree with this Robbo.

Feel similarly about the shirt pulling and holding that seems common place now , especially at corners - it looks more like a rugby maul than a corner.. When the ref awarded the Uruguay penalty after Luiz hauled the player down yesterday, he appealed to the ref as though the ref had got it wrong. What it demonstrated is that these defenders expect to get away with it, because they do it game after game and with no punishment.

In fairness to pundits on this issue, I've heard Lawro say that if refs gave a penalty every time they saw it happen then defenders would very quickly stop doing it. My question is why are referees not punishing a blatant offence?

9/10 times when neymar is challenged or tries to turn or beat an opponent he throws himself to the floor.its just cheating but is ignored because hes who he is.he'll fit in perfectly at barca though with his fellow con man dani alves and many others in that side.seriously do they practice diving in training because it looks like a lot of time has been put into some of the "moves" neymar comes up with.

I laughed at Alves when he went down holding his cheek after the La Celeste geezer had clearly nudged him at the base and side of his neck. Alves made out it was a hammer blow rather than a soft brush past.

The acting was on a 'grand' South American scale tonight but then what one has to understand is that this was a local derby and is common place with higher than usual passions. Does not make it any more viewable though unless you just laugh at it. Next year I hope they catch a few of them and send them off with straight reds at the start of the tournament; might nip it in the bud.

Never be properly cleaned up with paper bag bung Splatter pants on the FIFA dictator throne.

brazil are awful. If they are the big threat to Spain next summer then you may as well present Spain with the trophy now.

If the draw works the right way I think the most likely two in the final is Spain v Belgium.

You heard it here first, or was it a little earlier. hmmmm.

If the draw works the right way I think the most likely two in the final is Spain v Belgium.

You heard it here first, or was it a little earlier. hmmmm.

Belgium are certainly a force and this is their golden generation but I think in 2018 they will be better as all of their players will be in the prime or on their way towards it.

Archived