IGNORED

Rivals For Promotion

Orbital

As always pre-season a feeling of optimism is in the air going into the new campaign. Looking at our recent purchases it would not be unreasonable to think that the play-offs would be a target for us this year, but who will be our rivals?

Wolves will obviously be strong, Peterborough will be there or there abouts, but who else? With Sheffield United about to get £6 million from West Ham as the final instalment of their relegation civil claim you would expect them to put some of that to good use. Will Swindon be able to sustain their form? Who will be the dark horses? It should be an interesting season.

Many teams can go up from this league. Stevenage could be up there too

They are a decent team who play decent football good shout for dark horses imo

Any way I don't think we should use the p word until after the season has started :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Swindon got relegated.

One of my best mate's is a Swindon fan....he's resigned himself to it already

As for promo I would say Peterborough are my favs, Sheff Utd have to get out of here at some point, Wolves shouldn't be too far away

Dark horses - Leyton Orient, they've signed some useful players

Just had a look at the odds for various divisions - Forest Green are 4/1 favs for the Conference with paddy power. The little club on the hill.....what a turnaround up there

A lot of investment there though Woodsy, I went to a couple of games last season, very enjoyable evenings they were too.

Hell of a lot of investment Chesh, but invested really well too

Just seems odd seeing them out in front of clubs like Luton, Wrexham, Grimsby etc. Good luck to them

Just had a look at the odds for various divisions - Forest Green are 4/1 favs for the Conference with paddy power. The little club on the hill.....what a turnaround up there

A lot of investment there though Woodsy, I went to a couple of games last season, very enjoyable evenings they were too.

Sadly I and a couple of other locals i know are put off by the ticket prices. £14 for Conference football is just a bit steep for me otherwise i'd pop along when City aren't home.

Sadly I and a couple of other locals i know are put off by the ticket prices. £14 for Conference football is just a bit steep for me otherwise i'd pop along when City aren't home.

For not much more than that you can watch a Scottish division 3 team with such stars as Richard 'Baresi' Foster!

Oh I do hope so..

i think you lot will make the play offs..

wolves, 2 x sheffields, preston and peterborogh will almost certainly be up there...

Think Wednesday might be aiming a little higher than top of L1 this year mate.....!

What about your lot? Fancying your chances this year?

I think P'bro will do well, especially if they hold on to Gayle. Even after losing Boyd they had a decent run towards the end of the season & won't have the expectation we & Wolves will have. Plus going to London Road will hardly make the opposition raise their game. They also have recent experience of this division & how to get out of it

Outside of who's been mentioned

Tranmere for me will either be up there again or struggle, can't see there being a middle ground.

Had a cheeky punt on Crewe at 33/1 because you really do never know how well they will perform even after selling young talent, we are all aware of the conveyor belt of young players making the step up to the first team. For me it's only a matter of time before they shock everyone; they are ready built for the new football finance world.

I also always back Preston; Grayson's turning round what Graham Westley failed with at deepdale and they had hit some pretty good form 65-85% of the way through the season. They have the potential to be up there.

alright alright,

I was just testing you lot, well done for noticing the extra team I popped in... :yes::clap:

Woodsy, I think we need a few players to challenge, especially in midfield.... I do trust Mr Ward to get it right though.. :fingerscrossed:

COYBs

Has that scruffy tramp signed for you yet?

alright alright,

I was just testing you lot, well done for noticing the extra team I popped in... :yes::clap:

Woodsy, I think we need a few players to challenge, especially in midfield.... I do trust Mr Ward to get it right though.. :fingerscrossed:

COYBs

We may be able to do you a deal here.....!

Unfortunately, I think you've got half a chance of the play offs this year. Got a lot of time for Ward

We may be able to do you a deal here.....!

Unfortunately, I think you've got half a chance of the play offs this year. Got a lot of time for Ward

Well, hes kept the team together who done so well after xmas last year...and should add a few more and a few loans,,,,. And on form since ward arrived we would of been top 3.. so there is cause for optimism.....

Well, hes kept the team together who done so well after xmas last year...and should add a few more and a few loans,,,,. And on form since ward arrived we would of been top 3.. so there is cause for optimism.....

Cheered me up no end that last sentence....!

Cheered me up no end that last sentence....!

why,

its strange because when i wrote it, i then looked at it and thought it looked incorrect for some reason..

why has it cheered you up???

i didnt mean it anyway, we will piss this nonsense league, we are the barca of L2 :yes:

why,

its strange because when i wrote it, i then looked at it and thought it looked incorrect for some reason..

why has it cheered you up???

i didnt mean it anyway, we will piss this nonsense league, we are the barca of L2 :yes:

You lot having optimism, I don't really like that!

Ha, as anyone uttered the 'Barca of L2' bollocks yet this season?

You lot having optimism, I don't really like that!

Ha, as anyone uttered the 'Barca of L2' bollocks yet this season?

I like to call it optimism and leave it at that... some of the shite weve had to endure over the years you just never know whats coming next,,

as for the barca pg L2, im unsure where it come from in the first place,, wasnt me thats all i know (even though we are ),,,

Archived