IGNORED

Rivals For Promotion

Orbital

why,

its strange because when i wrote it, i then looked at it and thought it looked incorrect for some reason..

why has it cheered you up???

i didnt mean it anyway, we will piss this nonsense league, we are the barca of L2 :yes:

Probably due to the fact the last couple of seasons you thought you would piss league 2 bringing in players who you have never heard of but were brilliant anyway! Looks like the same again reading your forum the other day. You lot never seem to learn.

strong fancy for brentford,should have went up automatic last season.

thinking of going for reading,brentford and chesterfield in an e/w patent!

would never bet on the city,kiss of death!!

Exactly !! City and Championships just don't go together!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Swindon got relegated.

Until further signings are made, Town appear to be League One fodder again. We were relegated in 2011 with experienced players so I'm not worried about the names that are being linked/signed. It all depends what Kevin MacDonald can do with his resources really. Swindon's player budget is still competitive within this division (which many people forget).

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a club that wouldn't be necessarily seen as relegation candidates being sucked in to it as there are not too many obvious picks for the drop as it stands.

Wolves simply have to compete with the money and squad they have.

One of my best mate's is a Swindon fan....he's resigned himself to it already

As for promo I would say Peterborough are my favs, Sheff Utd have to get out of here at some point, Wolves shouldn't be too far away

Dark horses - Leyton Orient, they've signed some useful players

Just had a look at the odds for various divisions - Forest Green are 4/1 favs for the Conference with paddy power. The little club on the hill.....what a turnaround up there

They fell away worringly toward the end last season so its interesting FGR are 4/1. I'll have to go do some reading but have they been on an early recruitment drive?

As for League 1. I think this could finally be MK Dons' year; they have certainly been banging on the door long enough. Some odd team usually comes through the ranks.. maybe a Crewe by using a bunch of unused academy players that finally click this season.

Obviously 2 months worth of transfers and changes yet to happen, so too early to really call anything right now, but based on where we stand right now, I'll give it a go. In order of last seasons finishing places :

Peterborough - Of their best 11 last season, McCann & Little are out of contract and not yet signed, Zakuani has rejected a deal and is on the transfer list, Tommy Rowe is highly likely to leave, George Boyd has already left, Dwight Gayle has had an offer accepted to leave. So they could be without 6 of their 'better' players from last year. There are still a few good ones remaining but I can't see them bouncing straight back up. Perhaps they'll sneak a play-off spot.

Wolves - Biggest budget in the league by a country mile, but also a heap of high earners to ditch. Some good youngsters who I'd like to see given a go such as Baath, Davis, Griffiths, Cassidy & Evans. They'll lose some big names, but there'll still be plenty of quality left. I can't see anything but an instant return to the Championship.

Brentford - Made some decent acquisitions so far and I would really sit up and take notice if they managed to pull of the signing off Grigg and if they could keep hold of Forrester. Alas, it looks like they'll miss out on both which means they'll need a starting striker and a creator. Without those 2 key players they might end up outside the playoffs. With 2 good signings here they could still be top 6.

Sheff Utd - Weir has been making some good early moves, particularly the signing of Febian Brandy. Can he keep hold of McGuire? They'll be up there for sure. Play-offs for sure, but title contenders...mmmm?

Swindon - The wheels are coming off again!! Lost some players who got them to the play-offs last season and may yet lose more. I can only see a season of struggle for this lot. Bottom half?

Leyton Orient - Just missed out on the playoffs last year but have lost one of their better players in Jimmy Smith. I'm not convinced they'll sustain the form they showed last season. Mid-table for the O's I reckon.

MK Dons - They've lost their top scorer to Tranmere and may yet lose their key player Gleeson. They'll still be top 10 but not sure they've quite got enough for playoffs.

Walsall - Lost Grigg, Brandy and may yet lose Patterson. Also released Bowerman. Without those 4, where do their goals come from? Yes, they've got some good young lads, but they've lost their top 4 scorers (or at least will likely lose them). I can see it falling apart for them this year, bottom half.

Crawley - The return of a fit McFadzean will help their defence. They might yet lose Adams. They'll be decent. Top half.

Tranmere - Fell away badly last year (I think Wallace was injured at Xmas who is their best player by a mile). If he is fit he'll be a cracking opponent and will make them tick. I'm gonna say they'll be in the playoff mix.

Notts County - Gonna be hard for them to replace Alan Judge who's gone to Blackburn. Still a decent side - mid table.

Crewe - They'll lose Luke Murphy - probably the best player in League 1. But they always turn out a good side. Clayton & Pogba will be one of the better strikeforces we come up against. Top half, maybe pushing playoffs.

Preston - They ought to be better than last term, but not much. Mid table.

Coventry - They've got a good side on paper, so as long as they keep hold of them, stay out of further admin and manage to play at the Ricoh all year then they should be up there. Playoffs.

Shrewsbury - Looks like they've managed to keep hold of out of contract players, particularly Jon Taylor. Also picked up Winfield who'll solidify their backline. Still can't see them improving on last year though, so bottom half for me, maybe even flirting with relegation.

Carlisle - They've got some seriously good young lads and of course we'll see the long-awaited(!!) return of Lee Miller to the Gate. Prob no better than last year, so bottom half.

Stevenage - Freeman needs to start ticking again (he had a quiet season) and they might yet lose Dunne. I know some have suggested a good season for this lot, but I can see them sliding the other way. A relegation battle looms I feel.

Oldham - LJ is certainly putting his pieces together early. They need a keeper, but they're decent at the back and need someone to partner the excellent Baxter up front. The midfield was their weakness last year and LJ is certainly strengthening here with Smith, Dayton & Schmeltz already signed. I see them on the way up, possibly into the top half.

Colchester - Eastmond might prove a decent signing but it won't be enough. Relegation for this lot.

Gillingham - I like the look of the Gills. A solid side last year and improved already with Linganzi. I can see momentum taking them to the top half, maybe even playoffs.

Rotherham - Nardiello will be a threat but I don't see them getting above 12th.

Port Vale - Tom Pope will be an interesting opponent. Sadly for Vale though, they've lost their best midfielder in Sam Morsy and have brought in the absolutely woeful Kaid Mohammed from Cheltenham. No higher than 15th.

Bradford - If they keep hold of Nahki Wells they've got a chance. Jones & Doyle will be tough midfield to play against. Davies & Darby at the back are good players for this level. I can see them top half, pushing playoffs.

So, overall. Wolves, Sheff Utd, Coventry will be strong (predictable, I know!). Tranmere, Brentford, Crewe, Gillingham, Bradford & Peterborough will fight it out for the playoffs.

Don't ask me where we'll end up??!! I hope we'll be able to put up a good challenge for the top 6.

Relegated - Colchester, Shrewsbury, Stevenage and ????? Sod it, lets go for Swindle!!

They fell away worringly toward the end last season so its interesting FGR are 4/1. I'll have to go do some reading but have they been on an early recruitment drive?

As for League 1. I think this could finally be MK Dons' year; they have certainly been banging on the door long enough. Some odd team usually comes through the ranks.. maybe a Crewe by using a bunch of unused academy players that finally click this season.

They made 3 or 4 signings before they end of May, good players at their level too

Great point about how their form dipped towards the end of last season, would be great to see them promoted but I'm not sure Nailsworth will know what's hit them if they do!

Archived