IGNORED

Players From The Early 80's

Red Homer

Just having a look through twitter, came across a picture of Perrti Jantunen. As his wiki page is in Finnish, could someone tell me when he played for us, what position and was he any good. One thing I do know, he had a great moustache!

Midfielder bought from Eskilstuna for 50k. in our penultimate First division season.

7 league appearances, 8 cup apps., and 1 goal ( a cracker against Forest if I remember rightly)

Was he any good? Not particularly, never established himself at AG, a filler in memorable for his name, and that goal, rather than being particularly good.

Moved on when we got relegated.

Midfielder bought from Eskilstuna for 50k. in our penultimate First division season.

7 league appearances, 8 cup apps., and 1 goal ( a cracker against Forest if I remember rightly)

Was he any good? Not particularly, never established himself at AG, a filler in memorable for his name, and that goal, rather than being particularly good.

Moved on when we got relegated.

Could you give us a bit more info Noggers ;0)

The goal was against Leeds, Noggers.

It was used in the opening sequence of points West for a while.

Sadly it was about the only thing he did for us as he wasn't good enough for the top division.

Could you give us a bit more info Noggers ;0)

Surely. He had straight fair hair in a sort of bob cut tapering over the ears, with a thinning fringe. He sported a poor effort in the moustache stakes compared to team tache rivals Gerry Gow, Donnie Gillies, Clive Whitehead, or even Sir Geoffrey.

The goal was against Leeds, Noggers.

It was used in the opening sequence of points West for a while.

Sadly it was about the only thing he did for us as he wasn't good enough for the top division.

Cheers, Graham, a bolt from the blue greeted with huge celebration as I recall, even if I didn't remember the opposition.

Surely. He had straight fair hair in a sort of bob cut tapering over the ears, with a thinning fringe. He sported a poor effort in the moustache stakes compared to team tache rivals Gerry Gow, Donnie Gillies, Clive Whitehead, or even Sir Geoffrey.

Cheers, Graham, a bolt from the blue greeted with huge celebration as I recall, even if I didn't remember the opposition.

Never had you down as Vidal Sassoon fan Noggers !!

Archived