IGNORED

Nyatanga

City As F

He played about 2 games for posh, can hardly say he had a major role in getting him sacked!

I could be mistaken but I think I remember that at the time Nyatanga going there on loan and playing dreadfully (coming back from injury in his defence) was one of the nails in Johnson's coffin there.

In fact didn't their chairman even name him as an example of the expensive poor loan signings Johnson made at Peterborough?

I could be mistaken but I think I remember that at the time Nyatanga going there on loan and playing dreadfully (coming back from injury in his defence) was one of the nails in Johnson's coffin there.

In fact didn't their chairman even name him as an example of the expensive poor loan signings Johnson made at Peterborough?

No quote but it says as much here http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/johnson_leaves_posh_by_mutual_consent_1_2286449

Very possibly. Though I just looked on wiki and it says he played 3 games only. Even we give players longer than 3 games before we slag them off. Sometimes :laugh:

Its pretty obvious GJ will be interested in a few.

Nyatanga was nailed on to be spoken to by Yeovil, however GJ will be looking at one or two others from us!

Knowing the club will want to keep the younger ones unless a very good offer comes in, I would not be suprised if Killkenny Fontaine and Davis are on GJ's maybe list!

Very possibly. Though I just looked on wiki and it says he played 3 games only. Even we give players longer than 3 games before we slag them off. Sometimes :laugh:

I'm not saying I agree with MacAnthony using a loan signing who played 3 matches as a reason to sack someone, but it would seem he did. So my original points stands.

Its pretty obvious GJ will be interested in a few.

Nyatanga was nailed on to be spoken to by Yeovil, however GJ will be looking at one or two others from us!

Knowing the club will want to keep the younger ones unless a very good offer comes in, I would not be suprised if Killkenny Fontaine and Davis are on GJ's maybe list!

I would be surprised if he was interested in Kilkenny and Davis, high wages and never played under GJ.

Best of luck to Tangs. The right move for the club, although he wasn't as bad as some of you on here think (however, everyone allowed an opinion).

Anyway - can anyone blame him for being a nervous player? I would be if I was playing next to Fonts!

Short sighted move by Tangs. Will probably be League One again within 2 years if not 1. Of course there's no guarantee we won't still be.

Nice signing on fee ,does n't have to move house and family,knows the manager,some staff,championship football,no pressure as underdogs ...

No brainer really

I just asked citys official facebook page about compensation for tango - this is their reply (excuse the section about me booking rangers tickets - :laugh: )

Bristol City FC Official

Hi Shane,

Lewin Nyatanga is 24 years old and as a result the club would not be entitled to any compensation. Following our phone call your tickets have now been booked for the Rangers friendly.

All the best

BCFC

Short sighted move by Tangs. Will probably be League One again within 2 years if not 1. Of course there's no guarantee we won't still be.

We could be in League 2 within a year or two if we still played with the likes of Tangs, Fonts, Pearson etc.

Glad to see the back of him, hopefully Fonts, Pearson, Kilkenny and Elliot will follow in the next year or so.

Archived