IGNORED

Lansdown Interview (Merged)

Jordan Tansley

ahh typical short sightedness of a city fan,

I'm sure people use to say that about the asian market

Are we going to be selling shirts in Botswana? no

Are we selling TV rights in Botswana? No

sending out a load of staff out there when it would be better spent working on the local community many of whom have been disillusioned with the club over the last 12 months+ baffling.

Are we going to be selling shirts in Botswana? no

Are we selling TV rights in Botswana? No

sending out a load of staff out there when it would be better spent working on the local community many of whom have been disillusioned with the club over the last 12 months+ baffling.

Completely agree.

We all moan about seeing Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea shirts around Bristol and we complain that these people should be following the local sides, and then we as a club jet off to South Africa - not exactly supporting local ties is it?

Are we a registered charity?

Not everything BCFC does has to have a direct and clear path to making a profit my friend.

That said, such philanthropy by Steve Lansdown, if conceived and executed in the right way, will quite likely have a positive impact not only on the perception of the club in the UK, in Botswana and further afield, where the story is told, but also in garnering greater support for the club here and beyond these shores. Support leads to income in a many forms.

I think what City are doing in Botswana is fabulous and it will benefit the local community in the short term and City, no doubt, in the longer term.

Not everything BCFC does has to have a direct and clear path to making a profit my friend.

That said, such philanthropy by Steve Lansdown, if conceived and executed in the right way, will quite likely have a positive impact not only on the perception of the club in the UK, in Botswana and further afield, where the story is told, but also in garnering greater support for the club here and beyond these shores. Support leads to income in a many forms.

I think what City are doing in Botswana is fabulous and it will benefit the local community in the short term and City, no doubt, in the longer term.

Agreed. Just hope we keep up the good work happening locally too.

I disagree completely. There is no such thing as 'further afield' when we are one of 90 odd pro clubs, and on the scale of things, a pretty poor one who is reliant on a very small proportion of the entire City for support.

No sponsor or potential new signing are going to consider our work in Africa as a key factor in their participation with us. We are not Man Utd or Barcelona.

Archived