IGNORED

Rangers Fans In Home End

TheRedHalf

You will have to forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else as I am new to this forum and have not seen anything mentioned after having a brief look! I was browsing over the Rangers forum earlier (http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=254510&st=0) and noticed a number of their fans posting that they had been buying tickets in the city end today. As its only a friendly im hopeful that this wont lead to any issues, however if the suns out and everyone begins to drink early I can imagine a few problems arising, especially if there is a large crowd. Any thoughts?

DanielRed

You will have to forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else as I am new to this forum and have not seen anything mentioned after having a brief look! I was browsing over the Rangers forum earlier (http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=254510&st=0) and noticed a number of their fans posting that they had been buying tickets in the city end today. As its only a friendly im hopeful that this wont lead to any issues, however if the suns out and everyone begins to drink early I can imagine a few problems arising, especially if there is a large crowd. Any thoughts?

DanielRed

Thoughts; there's about 100 topics already on the Rangers game & we don't need or want another one!

Thoughts; there's about 100 topics already on the Rangers game & we don't need or want another one!

Could only see the one topic on Rangers at first glance. Had not realized that this had been mentioned, as already previously stated I am new to this forum

I was down there early this morning and by 10am there were whole rows / small blocks (20+) of tickets already purchased in the Dolman. My instinct is for that to have happened then they are likely to have been bought by Rangers fans buying in bulk. Could be fun.

I remember playing Hibs at home in the anglo scottish cup in the late 70's, I was in the Dolman and went for slash just before half time and in the Dolman bar was a Hibs fans in the middle of ordering 42 quadruple whiskeys and 42 pints, took up the whole of the bar.

Hitchikers guide to the brewery.........

When has that ever happened ;)

And normally the nutters are all contained in one seperate cell ..... I'm mean stand.... but the club have let the loons out of the asylum.

My comment was sadly tongue in cheek, this has all the ingredients to be nawty, with theirs and ours trying to out-mad one another !

Would of thought club new rangers would sell out and try to purchase tickets in home sections ?

So surley when buying in bulk would think of asking if on system address for purchasing just like leeds game to try and stop trouble happening in stands ?

• Admin

It was obvious 4000 was never going to be enough. Why not put Rangers in the Dolman and Wedlock and city fans in the Williams and Atyeo!

But if the demand is there from the City fans remember it is a HOME game

The one thing that I was surprised with was that as there had been a season ticket cut off already, why season ticket holders were not given a priority to buy their seat?

But if the demand is there from the City fans remember it is a HOME game

The one thing that I was surprised with was that as there had been a season ticket cut off already, why season ticket holders were not given a priority to buy their seat?

The Bristol Post reported yesterday that season ticket holders have unti Monday to claim their seats.

They should have given them the dolman in first place.was obvious this would happen.least if they had dolman instead you would not have as many in home ends

The Dolamn IS the home end, it would be extremely difficult to place the away fans in the Dolman.

There was definitely no priority given to season ticket holders. The tickets didn't go on sale until yesterday and by 10am my ST seat had already been sold along with another 20 in the same row. That's why I believe people are buying in bulk for some reason..... Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of tickets you can buy?

Not that hard really.alot harder to stop trouble if it gets messy tho

Ok, how is it not hard?

How do the away fans get to the minimal turnstiles for the Dolman through the crowds of home fans? Especially as the police prefer to brig them in through the winterstoke road entrance?

You're deluded if you think the police would ever accept the use of the Dolman as an away end in the modern era.

Why this is an issue though is beyond me, it's a flaming friendly against a third division jock team. Anyone who is anticipating trouble or interested in it needs putting down.

Archived