IGNORED

Gazza - So Sad

sglosbcfc

I feel sorry for all those that paid for him to get sorted,so many people want to help him but he just throws it back in their face,it does look so much a repeat of George Best unfortunately :grr:

And what happens when he needs a liver transplant? Best got one after saying he would never drink again.

I have a lot of sympathy for his drinking problem (one of my school friends became an alcoholic and the drink finally got him earlier this year) but the wife-beating puts him beyind the pale as far as I am concerned. I would like not to hear about him again.

And what happens when he needs a liver transplant? Best got one after saying he would never drink again.

I have a lot of sympathy for his drinking problem (one of my school friends became an alcoholic and the drink finally got him earlier this year) but the wife-beating puts him beyind the pale as far as I am concerned. I would like not to hear about him again.

I wouldn't give him a liver transplant, I don't think it would help in, I think he would still drink and kill himself.

For a few bad incidents he has done a lot more good.

He got drunk and slapped his missus around, so what, the BBC was a peado ring yet it's still pride of the nation.

Gazza has gone out of his way to help people, unfortunately he has alcoholism what makes him act a pr***.

So what? FOR SLAPPING HIS MISSUS AROUND?

That's like saying the BBC has done a lot of good too, it's fine to be a peado ring.

At the end of the day a man should NEVER beat a woman, and it was Gazza who decided to drink.

Where you there?

Where did you find out he did it?

If you saw a woman with cancer will you quiz her to see if she smoked?

It's all over the papers. The police said: "Officers attended the location and arrested a 46-year-old male on suspicion of common assault and being drunk and disorderly.". That's more proof than the BBC having a peado ring. Or where you at the station and know better?

If she is smoking she is only killing herself, she isn't physically harming anyone else.

he will never stop until he hits rock bottom,whilst he still has friends he will feel it is ok to just go for one although it never stops there, these friends that bail him out need to sever all ties and leave him with nothing. he will either wake up to it or finish the job off.

Once a pisshead... ...always a pisshead.

What's sad is the pain, partners, family, friends and people around them have to suffer - due to their selfishness and arrogance.

A bloke I worked for in New Zealand, in a pub, was a self-professed pain in the ass during his 20's due to his uncontrolled drinking only drinks now an again these days and rarely over does it as he can't be bothered anymore or the chap who lives locally to me who lost his business, wife and home due to drinking but now has a three pint maximum rule going on contradict your pisshead statement. Both guys now appear to be decent and well rounded individuals, were pissheads but aren't anymore.

As for Gazza, it is a lesser known fact that as a nine year old he witnessed his friends two year old brother being killed on the road and felt that he was personally responsible even though he wasn't. He never recovered from the guilt. He was also the biggest celebrity in football since George Best and simply did not receive the necessary protection.

I have empathy for him, if not sympathy. There are always reasons for why people are how they are and these are often not considered when in the moral judgement dock.

There is also a very thin line between genius and madness of which he has crossed.

Of course, those affected by others' drinking are usually innocent victims for whom I am sorry although I guess that should go without saying.

A bloke I worked for in New Zealand, in a pub, was a self-professed pain in the ass during his 20's due to his uncontrolled drinking only drinks now an again these days and rarely over does it as he can't be bothered anymore or the chap who lives locally to me who lost his business, wife and home due to drinking but now has a three pint maximum rule going on contradict your pisshead statement. Both guys now appear to be decent and well rounded individuals, were pissheads but aren't anymore.

As for Gazza, it is a lesser known fact that as a nine year old he witnessed his friends two year old brother being killed on the road and felt that he was personally responsible even though he wasn't. He never recovered from the guilt. He was also the biggest celebrity in football since George Best and simply did not receive the necessary protection.

I have empathy for him, if not sympathy. There are always reasons for why people are how they are and these are often not considered when in the moral judgement dock.

There is also a very thin line between genius and madness of which he has crossed.

Of course, those affected by others' drinking are usually innocent victims for whom I am sorry although I guess that should go without saying.

Totally agree. I used to be pissed six or seven nights a week, and a few lunchtimes too. By the grace of God I held down a well-paid job (not really down to God - I was and am very good at what I do). I never hit anyone, let alone a woman, but it was a complete waste of time and money.

I now have three pints three nights a week and, guess what? I enjoy it far more! I actually remember what I said and did the night before rather than being embarrassed by hearing it from others.

I'm sorry if some people think that's impossible - maybe it is - for them...

Totally agree. I used to be pissed six or seven nights a week, and a few lunchtimes too. By the grace of God I held down a well-paid job (not really down to God - I was and am very good at what I do). I never hit anyone, let alone a woman, but it was a complete waste of time and money.

I now have three pints three nights a week and, guess what? I enjoy it far more! I actually remember what I said and did the night before rather than being embarrassed by hearing it from others.

I'm sorry if some people think that's impossible - maybe it is - for them...

Doesn't sound like you were a fully blown alcoholic then, luckily.

Doesn't sound like you were a fully blown alcoholic then, luckily.

Absolutely. But I only knew that when I succesfully tried to cut down drastically. I was certainly a "pisshead" by any external standards.

To say that a pisshead can't learn to drink sensibly is betting after the race. You only know that he or she is an alky after they try to do so and fail.

Absolutely. But I only knew that when I succesfully tried to cut down drastically. I was certainly a "pisshead" by any external standards.

To say that a pisshead can't learn to drink sensibly is betting after the race. You only know that he or she is an alky after they try to do so and fail.

Spot on.

I was out yesterday with a bloke who gave up drinking after waking up one morning and seeing his car parked half on his drive and half on the road. He says he can't remember to this day getting in and driving home. That was 10 years ago and he hasn't touched a drop since, so it can be done.

Archived