IGNORED

Anyone Remember "taffy"?

TV Tom

He used to run a coach to City away games in the 70's & 80's, anyone know if he is still about?

Dont forget Sue, she used to help organise plenty of good away trips with Taffy mainly the same old faces

Sue still reads the forum

God knows where i got sue from, bloody long time ago, but you 100% right PAM, :smartass:

Uh oh, you broke the golden rule of what goes on tour, stays on tour. I hope Sue doesn't read this, quick change the subject. Lee Johnson eh!! He's a bit shit isn't he?

Taffy was from El Dub,Lawrence Weston Red to exact,was living down Gloucester Red at time and about 10 of us were regulars on his coach.Coventry way sticks in the mind,80+ on one coach.Always the first coach to arrive at the games which made for some lively away days.

Had this picture emailed me a couple of years back

994846_10201451610081730_1766252019_n.jp

Just sent this to Dad. Says...

"1975 Boxing Day at Temple Meads, West Brom away (it got called off late), photographer took photo and was in the Evening Post, we headed off to Exeter who were shocked as Bristol took their end! When the match was rearranged we took 6,000 and win 1-0 which was almost the clincher to first division."

He's got a memory like an elephant as you can see!

Just sent this to Dad. Says...

"1975 Boxing Day at Temple Meads, West Brom away (it got called off late), photographer took photo and was in the Evening Post, we headed off to Exeter who were shocked as Bristol took their end! When the match was rearranged we took 6,000 and win 1-0 which was almost the clincher to first division."

He's got a memory like an elephant as you can see!

I'm not on the picture but i definitely went to Exeter on Taffy's coach. The were playing Swansea on the day and we played right up, proper football hooligans.

I haven't seen it either but have heard about it,was hoping you would confirm it's existence.

Dad said, "Sorry never had anything like that I think a few people had some but not me, would have been interesting."

A few of us used to be picked up in shire on taffys coach

I remember going to villa, forget what year it was, remember stopping on the way in the services, and there was a coach load of leeds fans there, remember we bumped into them in the shop there,

got a bit ugly. also remember a removal van turning up full of city same time as we got there

when we got to villa, it was already kicking off at a pub right next to the carpark, anyone remember this ?

great days of taffys coachs

Archived