IGNORED

Anyone Remember "taffy"?

TV Tom

Is that a young Red Eye in the centre?

What happened to Shire and Lawrence Weston in the 90's was a reds stronghold when we were on the Henbury 'Frontline' in the 70/80's. Seemed to turn blue after I left Bristol, or is that just my imagination.

A few of us used to be picked up in shire on taffys coach

I remember going to villa, forget what year it was, remember stopping on the way in the services, and there was a coach load of leeds fans there, remember we bumped into them in the shop there,

got a bit ugly. also remember a removal van turning up full of city same time as we got there

when we got to villa, it was already kicking off at a pub right next to the carpark, anyone remember this ?

great days of taffys coaches

Yep, I was on that removal van, about 20 of us, absolute bedlam all the way up.

IIRC, the Leeds coaches were on the opposite side of the motorway, I nearly got knocked over dodging all the cars.

When we got there, we headed straight for the Holte pub, twas fun.

Yes we had a good collection to eat from that shop in services, i know a lot of those leeds fans like cans of drink

we got held by the police for a while on the coach, think removal van never got stoped, must of been you lot from removal van at outside holt end pub when we arrived then

Just sent this to Dad. Says...

"1975 Boxing Day at Temple Meads, West Brom away (it got called off late), photographer took photo and was in the Evening Post, we headed off to Exeter who were shocked as Bristol took their end! When the match was rearranged we took 6,000 and win 1-0 which was almost the clincher to first division."

He's got a memory like an elephant as you can see!

Elephants have good memories, but a blind spot it when it comes to differentiating between Boxing Days and regular Saturdays ;) The West Brom away game was scheduled for a Saturday in Jan or Feb of 76 and was called off as City had a flu bug. I remember going to the game with some mates and being told that information by the (laughing!) Policeman as we drove up to the roundabout above the M5. Remember no mobiles/Wi-Fi or even telextext in those days so we didn't have a clue :grr: . Ended up watching Birmingham and Norwich (Old Div 1).

If the picture was taken on Boxing Day 1975 and they finished up in Exeter, it could be that the coach was mistakenly headed for Plymouth due to a home/away mix up. City played Plymouth at home on Boxing Day, maybe they got as far as Exeter before realising it wasn't being played at Home Park :xmas: Not being a pedantic smart-ass, don't forget I was one of the losers who ended up at St Andrews! Well worth it for the West Brom game when we won 1-0 on a Tuesday evening though :dancing6:

I'm not on the picture but i definitely went to Exeter on Taffy's coach. The were playing Swansea on the day and we played right up, proper football hooligans.

Same here mate, I was there but not in the pic, a lot of familiar faces, at least one np longer with us

That picture looks like a coach load of illegal eastern european immigrants being welcomed on to British soil by the benefit office.

Comment of the pre season, well done!

bet the sort in the middle could tell a few tales

There's a 'sort' in amongst that lot? How can you tell....everyone has the same haircut, I can't tell the lads from the lassies (no offence to anyone on the pic, I was a metal head at school, so had long hair too back in the day!)

Comment of the pre season, well done!

There's a 'sort' in amongst that lot? How can you tell....everyone has the same haircut, I can't tell the lads from the lassies (no offence to anyone on the pic, I was a metal head at school, so had long hair too back in the day!)

the sort in the middle was taffy's girlfriend, Pam. Anyone know what happened to her ?

the sort in the middle was taffy's girlfriend, Pam. Anyone know what happened to her ?

This photo was posted on the YSC forum some years ago and I think that she got in touch on that particular thread.

Cider head might remember. I doubt that the thread exists any more because his forums used to crashed more often than a bumper car on Weston pier.

Yep, I was on that removal van, about 20 of us, absolute bedlam all the way up.

IIRC, the Leeds coaches were on the opposite side of the motorway, I nearly got knocked over dodging all the cars.

When we got there, we headed straight for the Holte pub, twas fun.

A few of us used to be picked up in shire on taffys coach

I remember going to villa, forget what year it was, remember stopping on the way in the services, and there was a coach load of leeds fans there, remember we bumped into them in the shop there,

got a bit ugly. also remember a removal van turning up full of city same time as we got there

when we got to villa, it was already kicking off at a pub right next to the carpark, anyone remember this ?

great days of taffys coachs

Ah yes I remember it well,you must know Paul M,Andrew R,Paul T(rip),Lawrence G.I was living in El Dub from about 1979but drank in the pubs in shire,the villa match was when I was living down Glos' Rd and there was about 10 of us on that coach.

Spoke to her a couple of years ago, think it was Ireland she was living, but still looks up the forum, sure she will spot the name Taffy

Archived