IGNORED

Refereeeeeeee!

22A

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/south-american-football-referee-beheaded-fans-killing-player-084120459.html

There were absolutely horrific scenes at an amateur football match in Brazil when spectators lynched a referee and put his head on a stake after he had killed a player.

Referee Otavio Jordao da Silva (20) fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu (30) during a heated moment of a match.

Santos Abreu is believed to have argued and then struck the referee after being unhappy with a decision.

It is believed the referee was carrying a knife throughout the match and fatally stabbed the player in retaliation.

Is eurosport/yahoo not credible then? I thought that they would be quite reliable in only reporting acurate news

It's only on Eurosport and the Daily Mail. There are a lot of 'probably's and 'apparently's.

Some of the other papers with, perhaps, more journalistic integrity, it seems, are fact checking before they publish a story.

It looks likely based on the fact that ES and DM are reporting it that this probably happened, but it's hard to comment on before all the details come out (other than, obviously, to condemn it).

Wonder if it will have ramifications on their World Cup and Olympic hopes.

It's only on Eurosport and the Daily Mail. There are a lot of 'probably's and 'apparently's.

Some of the other papers with, perhaps, more journalistic integrity, it seems, are fact checking before they publish a story.

It looks likely based on the fact that ES and DM are reporting it that this probably happened, but it's hard to comment on before all the details come out (other than, obviously, to condemn it).

Wonder if it will have ramifications on their World Cup and Olympic hopes.

Are you high or something?

Why would one persons actions have ramifications on the World Cup or Olympics?!

If thousands of people rioting and protesting don't have any bearing on the said events then I doubt one persons will

Are you high or something?

Why would one persons actions have ramifications on the World Cup or Olympics?!

If thousands of people rioting and protesting don't have any bearing on the said events then I doubt one persons will

Someone doesn't agree with your own outlook so they are high. Fantastic.

Maybe Fifa will combine this event with the protests and the fact that murder is actually disconcertingly common in Brazil (along with other crimes - and I'm not saying Brazil is particularly uncommon for a high level of violent crime).

I'm not saying one event will scupper everything but it seems to be indicative of a wider societal problem in Brazil at the moment.

But sorry, I'll let you get back to the ad hominem attacks

Maybe Fifa will combine this event with the protests and the fact that murder is actually disconcertingly common in Brazil (along with other crimes - and I'm not saying Brazil is particularly uncommon for a high level of violent crime).

I'm not saying one event will scupper everything but it seems to be indicative of a wider societal problem in Brazil at the moment.

The BBC will be writing to you asking you for your help with their usual pre-tournament programme about how everyone who goes to the host country will be killed by muggers/racists/terrorists.

The BBC will be writing to you asking you for your help with their usual pre-tournament programme about how everyone who goes to the host country will be killed by muggers/racists/terrorists.

I'd be very surprised if anyone was killed during the tournament if I'm honest. I know someone who was doing some work in Rio and someone from that company was murdered on their way back from a cash-point.

FIFA don't care. Holding the tourney is Brasil is not very honest.

Archived