IGNORED

Nyatanga

Portland Bill

some quotes from their forum

"Has the pace and intelligence Flicker wants but still big enough to tackle those crosses."

"Lewin Nyatanga has class and thats permanent."

"Adds some height alongside good pace."

"Decent on the ball"

priceless. Shocking signing.

Underlined one is the best.

Barnsley fans will be in for a very big shock if they think he will bring a bit of 'guile'.

Not sorry to see him go at all but all the best to him. Very pleased to have got rid of the players we have so far.

If we could somehow shift the likes of Killa, Pearson and Fontaine I would be over the moon. Very unlikely, but even two from three of those would be a dream.

Barnsley fans will be in for a very big shock if they think he will bring a bit of 'guile'.

Not sorry to see him go at all but all the best to him. Very pleased to have got rid of the players we have so far.

If we could somehow shift the likes of Killa, Pearson and Fontaine I would be over the moon. Very unlikely, but even two from three of those would be a dream.

Perhaps they meant "guilt" ?

Hyup City Fans

I'm a Barnsley fan, and i've been keeping a eye on Nyatanga for years, ever since we had him on loan 3 times about 5 or 6 years ago, i've always rated him from what i've seen of him in a Barnsley shirt, and i was a little disappointed to see him rock up in Bristol as i thought he would be moving on wards upwards when he did move on from Derby, but i still thought he'd do that after a successful time with BCFC and i was gutted that we didn't try for him when you signed him, but having read the comments on this board over the last few seasons and in the last few weeks and from what i've seen of him myself its plain to see that its not worked out for him and it could be that he's not trained on from what he promised to be as a youngster, and he could be as good as he's going to get, but the way we're run as a club these are the sort of players we have to take on, last season we had the smallest wage bill in the league and our squad was largely made up of lower league risk signings, and that's what we have had to do again this summer, we have a very decent management set up now and they're working wonders at getting average players to play above them self's, the self belief within the squad is unbelievable and if anyone can get the best out of Nyatanga it David Flitcroft and his staff, if he will or not we'll have to wait and see.

Good luck for the up coming season and i hope to see back in the Championship very soon

Hyup City Fans

I'm a Barnsley fan, and i've been keeping a eye on Nyatanga for years, ever since we had him on loan 3 times about 5 or 6 years ago, i've always rated him from what i've seen of him in a Barnsley shirt, and i was a little disappointed to see him rock up in Bristol as i thought he would be moving on wards upwards when he did move on from Derby, but i still thought he'd do that after a successful time with BCFC and i was gutted that we didn't try for him when you signed him, but having read the comments on this board over the last few seasons and in the last few weeks and from what i've seen of him myself its plain to see that its not worked out for him and it could be that he's not trained on from what he promised to be as a youngster, and he could be as good as he's going to get, but the way we're run as a club these are the sort of players we have to take on, last season we had the smallest wage bill in the league and our squad was largely made up of lower league risk signings, and that's what we have had to do again this summer, we have a very decent management set up now and they're working wonders at getting average players to play above them self's, the self belief within the squad is unbelievable and if anyone can get the best out of Nyatanga it David Flitcroft and his staff, if he will or not we'll have to wait and see.

Good luck for the up coming season and i hope to see back in the Championship very soon

The problem you've got is you've bought Lewin whatatangle, who on his own is useless, the only way you can get the best out of him is to purchase his defensive partner Liam atfaultagain. If you pay his megabus fare and a tesco meal deal for the journey you can have him too, deal?

Many players are great signings for us..........until they get here.........we then seem to take them apart and spit them out as rubbish.

So true GOB, although in many cases we sign a player and then ask him to play in a position or style that he has not played before. From all that's been said, I'm hoping that SOD knows exactly how he wants his team to play and is bringing in players who fit into this style i.e. square pegs for square holes.

The other type of BCFC signing is those where the player has been judged to be rubbish by fans before he has even kicked a ball in anger for us. Having said that, there are too many of this type of player who goes on to live up to fans expectations!

I hope you have a good source to back up such a ridiculous statement.

I'm referring to the Barnsley fans who know about Nyatanga, commented on his ability (something they've seen) and who were then subsequently ridiculed for doing so.

Ridiculous statement obviously, they probably have just as many idiot fans as we do.

I'm referring to the Barnsley fans who know about Nyatanga, commented on his ability (something they've seen) and who were then subsequently ridiculed for doing so.

Ridiculous statement obviously, they probably have just as many idiot fans as we do.

Was a joke! :thumbsup:

I think Tangs was ok for us but SOD was the only coach who gavé him an extended run in the side and the rest of the time hé was rarely in the first team picture.

Hé could be very solid but needs the manager to have confidence in him to develop.i would imagine hé will be disappointed with his time hère .

Good luck to him

Archived