IGNORED

Rugga Buggers And Standing.

Sixtyseconds

Anyone feeling a tad uneasy that the cauliflower eared ones, appear to be deciding where City fans "may" get safe standing areas at what has been for a century a football stadium?

Easy solution.

Dolman lower safe standing for Rugga fans.

Eastend ... Wedlock ... In words of Frank Harper" Jog on", that's for football fans to decide.

Anyone feeling a tad uneasy that the cauliflower eared ones, appear to be deciding where City fans "may" get safe standing areas at what has been for centuries a football stadium? Easy solution. Dolman lower safe standing for Rugga fans. Eastend ... Wedlock ... In words of Frank Harper" Jog on", that's for football fans to decide.

'for centuries'? Well, two I suppose, if you count the 20th and 21st.

Anyone feeling a tad uneasy that the cauliflower eared ones, appear to be deciding where City fans "may" get safe standing areas at what has been for centuries a football stadium?Easy solution.Dolman lower safe standing for Rugga fans. Eastend ... Wedlock ... In words of Frank Harper" Jog on", that's for football fans to decide.

It's for H&S to decide.

Lets be honest, safe standing has been incorporated in 'new' AG ONLY as a sweetener for the egg-chasers.

Do you REALLY believe it would have been incorporated if only City were playing there? Honestly?

It might have been spun to you all that the football fans had some influence, but I'd wager if there was no rugby there would be no safe standing at all! Why incorporate something a football club (as the law stands) are not allowed to use?

Lets be honest, safe standing has been incorporated in 'new' AG ONLY as a sweetener for the egg-chasers.

Do you REALLY believe it would have been incorporated if only City were playing there? Honestly?

It might have been spun to you all that the football fans had some influence, but I'd wager if there was no rugby there would be no safe standing at all! Why incorporate something a football club (as the law stands) are not allowed to use?

Can't disagree with any of that, although I'm sure there are those who will say its being incorporated in hope that the law will be changed. Also they're probably hoping to get big Rugby games, Heineken Cup semi finals etc where a 30k capacity would make AG a very attractive prospect.

Didn't we want it for AV anyway? Didn't the club say they wanted to be a pioneer club for safe standing in football?

Theoretically we have one law for all in this country. Having been to the Galpharm (my son lived in Huddersfield for a while), I disagree.

For rugby games fans could stand and have a beer in their hands whilst chatting with Stewards. Three days later for a football match and those same Stewards are bellowing "You; sit down" and you can't have alcohol and be in view of the pitch.

Archived