IGNORED

The Gasheads 2Nd Team

Pearcy

I received a friendly warning from a gas head I work with. According to him most gas heads 2nd team is no other than Rangers. He reckons that a number of them have bought tickets in the home end on Saturday.

B0ll0x are 'most' gappers 2nd team Rangers - how could he possibly know that?!

Lots of English football fans 2nd club is Rangers, we all know that. There are plenty of City who follow Rangers too.

And as for Plymouth and gash sitting in the home ends, same rules as always at AG apply - sit on your hands and shut up or deal with the consequences...

• Admin

Ooooo soo scary, to be fair does anyone REALLY care?

Rangers had only sold 1800 tickets up to the weekend so they hardly seem to be in a rush to get tickets, maybe being marching season and the distance was too much for them?

I was also told that each away fan could only apply for two tickets per application

Well I know Celtic are really popular on this board so maybe we should get close relations with them.

Utter rubbish, we've got a fair few that travel to Rangers on a regular basis and are made very welcome. I've never heard of this with Celtic, although I'm sure there's plenty of city fans who. support them, it's way more apparent that we have a following of teddy bears amongst us, I being one.

I received a friendly warning from a gas head I work with. According to him most gas heads 2nd team is no other than Rangers. He reckons that a number of them have bought tickets in the home end on Saturday.

That's news to me! Never heard that before? My second team is Villa.

Utter rubbish, we've got a fair few that travel to Rangers on a regular basis and are made very welcome. I've never heard of this with Celtic, although I'm sure there's plenty of city fans who. support them, it's way more apparent that we have a following of teddy bears amongst us, I being one.

Most City fans i know have a PREFERENCE for Celtic, loads of us brought up in KW went to the local Catholic school and then onto the bigger south Bristol Secondary Catholic School (again nearly all City and all Catholic) only know a few who travel to Parkhead occasionally, most,like me don't see the Celts as our 2nd team but obviously the Catholic/Irish connection means we prefer them.

Most City fans i know have a PREFERENCE for Celtic, loads of us brought up in KW went to the local Catholic school and then onto the bigger south Bristol Secondary Catholic School (again nearly all City and all Catholic) only know a few who travel to Parkhead occasionally, most,like me don't see the Celts as our 2nd team but obviously the Catholic/Irish connection means we prefer them.

Its six of one and half a dozen of another.

You normally end up with friends who are Into the same as you, where you and your friends are catholic your more likely to like Celtic.

Where if your friends were Protestant and didnt have any catholic connections they are less likely to like Celtic.

Its six of one and half a dozen of another.

You normally end up with friends who are Into the same as you, where you and your friends are catholic your more likely to like Celtic.

Where if your friends were Protestant and didnt have any catholic connections they are less likely to like Celtic.

Absolutely right, the only difference is we don't have the same "love-in". Does anyone actually have any friends that are or ever have been practising Protestants?

Absolutely right, the only difference is we don't have the same "love-in". Does anyone actually have any friends that are or ever have been practising Protestants?

Practising, maybe not, but then what do you class as that? Church every week etc?

I personally haven't been to church for a good number of years, but I will always put Church of England down when I am asked my religion.

I suppose a normal "English man", by normal I mean the average working class bloke who isn't catholic etc (remember England official religion is a Protestant one, no offence meant to any catholic Englishman), is more likely to "like" rangers than Celtic, and the reasons are obvious, if its right or wrong is another matter.

The whole thing is plain rediculous though.

• Admin

The Gas don't even sell out when their own team visit, I'm sure Rangers are oh so greatful for the extra support of the Rovers massive travelling ranks.

Never bought into this 'supporting a 2nd team bollox' unless of course you simply mean you support your chosen league team and national team. That's as far as take it

Agree 100%, especially when the 2nd team play in another Country over 400 miles away!

Well personally I don't know a single city fan who is either a catholic or a Celtic supporter, yet I know and have seen many Celtic Shirts in Cardiff as the city has a large catholic population, akin to Liverpool.

I'd hazard a guess that the majority of us would have been brought up COE (Protestant), proud to be British and a fair few I know served in the troubles.

I hope Saturday is full of "rule britannia" and songs celebrating our Britishness in a friendly and non abusive way, it can be done.

Right that's it I aint going anymore anyone want my ticket. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the gash don't bother turning up when we play them so why are they going to suddenly show themselves because Rangers are in town.

Well personally I don't know a single city fan who is either a catholic or a Celtic supporter, yet I know and have seen many Celtic Shirts in Cardiff as the city has a large catholic population, akin to Liverpool.

I'd hazard a guess that the majority of us would have been brought up COE (Protestant), proud to be British and a fair few I know served in the troubles.

I hope Saturday is full of "rule britannia" and songs celebrating our Britishness in a friendly and non abusive way, it can be done.

Please no , not rule Britannia, so embarrassing. God save the Queen? the dullest dirge imaginable. we need something rousing as a National anthem like "La Marseillaise" and no doubt the old favourite amongst bigots "no surrender" will get an airing. we are not at "last night of the Proms" you know.

Archived