IGNORED

Walsh Shuffle

Cowshed

Anybody remember what the trick really was?

Simple step over?

Drag over, step?

Inside, shimmy, step?

It was bizarre, everyone knew it was coming including the opposition but they could do nothing about it, he really was one of City's best ever buys and what a sweet left foot.

Instep of right foot.

Step over right foot and drop shoulder.

Outside of left foot.

And if the defender was stoopid enough to stand there the next bit went BOOM.

That Tory MP Micheal Gove was on TV last night looking like a lizard fron Star wars coming out with guff about education.

Forget about fractions give these lard arse kids a ball.

Do this, how many MPH was that, how many step overs, what angle does this cross need to be ..

Best £18k anyone could ever spend. As posted, you knew it was coming but could do nothing about it. Left us on 99 goals, a real shame he never got the ton.

An absolute legend. :city:

I believe he left Darlington on 99 goals to come to us as well.

Best £18k anyone could ever spend. As posted, you knew it was coming but could do nothing about it. Left us on 99 goals, a real shame he never got the ton.

An absolute legend. :city:

If only that one that hit the post v Forest had gone in. He'd have had a ton and we'd have been in a major cup final.

Bugger.

I played with and against Walshy and he's a great bloke. When playing against him I got caught one on one with him on the left wing and said "don't take the piss" after which he did the shuffle on me 3 times in about 30 yards. I knew he was going to do it and had seen it so many times, yet still couldn't stop it!!! Walshy loved it and is a real genuine and modest bloke.

worst step overs??????

you never seen it in the flesh then?

Seen it yes. That's a bit scruffy. favourite game would have been been v Stewart of west ham turned him one way and out again. Interestingly micky Mellon did similar for city as well. Can remember Mellon setting up Taylor at Chester with a dribble that could have been walsh.

I remember him leaving a couple of sags begging and grovelling at his feet by the corner flag at Trumpton after fooling both of them with the legendary stepover!

I also played against him in a charity match and even when you knew he was gonna do it there was nothing you could do about it....

What a great player he was!

Top bloke and the best left foot I've ever seen at the Gate. Right peg wasn't just for standing on, either.

A bit more pace and he'd have gone all the way, really top player.

Could strike a mean free kick as well...and when I say "mean", I mean "**** me!" eg vs Blackpool IIRC, swerved like a boy racer in a housing estate

Archived