IGNORED

Adomah - Transfer Request

devoncider

Loved him when he arrived, but he was no where near his best last season, but who was. Heavily marked which of course stifled his game. The long absence on international duty coinciding with the change of manager didn't help him either.Would have liked him to stay in league one but fear he'd just get kicked to bits by the defenders. When he goes I'll wish him well...just as long at its not to Palace or Cardiff!

aff and JET both player who on the face of it could bee seen as right sided midfielders probably have told Albert he may not be an automatic choice, plus suitors from above. Who can blame him. His game time under SOD wasn't great, if you are not really wanted/seen to be wanted, who can blame him if he did put in a transfer request.

@alidurdenBBC: Albert Adomah has submitted a written transfer request this morning, I understand. #BristolCity

Be interesting to see if the club accept it. I can't see that they won't as it will mean we don't have to pay off bits of his contract.

@alidurdenBBC: Albert Adomah has submitted a written transfer request this morning, I understand. #BristolCity

Be interesting to see if the club accept it. I can't see that they won't as it will mean we don't have to pay off bits of his contract.

Was only a matter or time, Ali Durden is usually spot on so think it will be common knowledge and a transfer in process (probably to Wigan) before Rangers.

A lot of people on twitter saying they wanna see Adomah play some part of Saturday to say goodbye - but I don't see that as a good option. Let it be, push through a move and get on with our squad for next season.

Thanks Albert, for the quality performances and entertainment (including on player) - absolute top bloke. All the best!

Going to miss Uncle Albert. His interviews alone made him a highlight over the last few years, but his dribbling has been superb and will do well. This request is no doubt agents work, but I wouldn't begrudge albert a higher division team. Good luck to him

I don't think anyone can - I met him 18 months ago at City v Crystal Palace (the day we first signed McManus on loan) - he was such a nice person - and when he realised it was a ladies 72nd (relevance being his shirt is 27 - 72 backwards) birthday he immediately took off his shirt - walked over to her and gave her his shirt, posed for pictures - the lot!

I wish Albert all the best, a rare highlight in recent seasons, off the pitch as well as on it.

I still think the club should sell at no less than £1.5M. Some say Albert is overrated on here but I think the opposite. Too many people are judging Albert by last season which - although admittedly was his worst season for us - he still managed to score more goals and get more assists than the majority of wingers in the league despite playing in a terrible team, missing over a month during the ACoN and having relatively limited playing time under SO'D. Not bad for someone who was out of form.

You won't find many wingers better than him outside of the Premier League.

At least the main story isn't "Adomah rejects contract" hold out for what he is worth,which will be based on the number of Championship quality wingers available, Bolasie and Ince moving up to the prem with Zaha & Judge moving to Blackburn... makes Albert one of the best available. If we dont accept a bid and he plays out his contract, then so be it.

He has been picked out as a threat and marked 3:1 week in week out - I don't see why we can't hold out for an inflated figure, even if it isn't for a £0.1/0.2m extra

#BristolCity confirm Albert Adomah has submitted a written transfer request

"The club's position remains unchanged. As with any player, until an acceptable offer is received he will remain a #BristolCity player."

Dissappointed in Albert obviously been got at be his agent. I feel that he genuinely loves BCFC but now he has tarnished his status with us fans cus he wants out

"The club's position remains unchanged. As with any player, until an acceptable offer is received he will remain a #BristolCity player."

Dissappointed in Albert obviously been got at be his agent. I feel that he genuinely loves BCFC but now he has tarnished his status with us fans cus he wants out

Sod doesn't want him.

I have more respect for Albert asking to leave thenIif he just stayed benched winding down his contract.

• Admin

Given SO'D has rarely played out and out wide players in his management career, I don't think he'd start the majority of games next season. Throw in that he will be one of our higher earners I have been resigned to the fact that it is best for us to sell and free up those wages for other positions (as well as using the turnover of the transfer fee to afford wages anyway).

By handing in a transfer request Albert has given up his right to the "loyalty bonus" of having the remainder of his contract paid up. Could he show any more respect than that?

Only one club has shown a genuine interest and has so far been willing to offer what most people on here would say to be a piss take. May it be that the fact so many people think we should laugh off £1m more reflects our affection for Albert than how's he actually seen in the rest of the football world? Other fans may rate him when they see him against them but only one club has so far offered any money for him. I think this request is simply his agent trying to put him back in the headlines again to remind clubs he exists and is available, which could work out quite nicely for both parties.

Albert is too good for League One, want's to play in the Prem at some point and Wigan have a better chance of giving him that than us. I for one don't blame him one bit.

As Ian M states above, he has given up his right to be paid a lot of money by us and that, along with the service he has given the club over the last few years, makes him out to be anything but a 'mercenary' who is just after a paycheck.

Best of luck Albert and I hope you succeed wherever you end up.

Another money orientated never will be no doubt nudged by his parasite agent looking at pound signs. No loyalty, no shock

wrong - he's done us a huge favour by waiving his right to have has contract paid up when he inevitably leaves, its the best outcome for the club since he was never going to be staying

I wish Albert all the best, a rare highlight in recent seasons, off the pitch as well as on it.

I still think the club should sell at no less than £1.5M. Some say Albert is overrated on here but I think the opposite. Too many people are judging Albert by last season which - although admittedly was his worst season for us - he still managed to score more goals and get more assists than the majority of wingers in the league despite playing in a terrible team, missing over a month during the ACoN and having relatively limited playing time under SO'D. Not bad for someone who was out of form.

You won't find many wingers better than him outside of the Premier League.

Have to agree mate.

People seem to forget he has never played in a good City side. He has played under some crap managers and in his time here has been out only decent attacking threat. He has carried us for too long now. It didn't take teams long to work out they needed to double up on him.

I rate Albert very highly. I hope he goes on to prove the doubters wrong and play at the top level. My only regret is that he has never played for a good City side. Had that been the case then I think we would have seen an even better player. Even more so if we had a good manager in his time here.

This could be a win-win-win scenario.

Win - City get a good fee from a player who only has a year left and SOD moves on a winger when he doesn't want to play with out and out wingers.

Win - Albert moved to a top Championship/lower half Prem team that reflects the ability he has. And of course makes some money out of it.

Win - the lucky club get a winger who is one of the best outside the top ten clubs in the country in my opinion.

This could be a win-win-win scenario.

Win - City get a good fee from a player who only has a year left and SOD moves on a winger when he doesn't want to play with out and out wingers.

Win - Albert moved to a top Championship/lower half Prem team that reflects the ability he has. And of course makes some money out of it.

Win - the lucky club get a winger who is one of the best outside the top ten clubs in the country in my opinion.

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about the lucky club who sign Albert or if Albert gets the transfer to a team that reflects his ability.

All i'm interested in is the best outcome for Bristol City as a club.

Archived