IGNORED

Adomah - Transfer Request

devoncider

The club will never admit it, but they'll be chuffed with this outcome as long as it flushes out other offers.

He wasn't going to be a big part of SO'D's plans, but is more than likely on a decent wage. We've saved any payoff, and will hopefully make some money.

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about the lucky club who sign Albert or if Albert gets the transfer to a team that reflects his ability.

All i'm interested in is the best outcome for Bristol City as a club.

Of course, but some of the comments seem to be making out that Albert is crap and that we should take peanuts for him. I believe if we get a decent fee then it can be ok for us, but it will also mean Albert playing at his rightful level and another club getting a really good right winger.

Of course, but some of the comments seem to be making out that Albert is crap and that we should take peanuts for him. I believe if we get a decent fee then it can be ok for us, but it will also mean Albert playing at his rightful level and another club getting a really good right winger.

Yeah there has been some ridiculous comments about him. At the end of the day he deserves to move on and better himself. We should hold out for as much as possible. In today's market he is easily worth 1.5 million, probably more had we not been relegated and him having only a year left on his contract.

If we get 1.5 we have done well. He should go with everyone's blessing and I personally hope he plays in the prem at some point in his career.

Yeah there has been some ridiculous comments about him. At the end of the day he deserves to move on and better himself. We should hold out for as much as possible. In today's market he is easily worth 1.5 million, probably more had we not been relegated and him having only a year left on his contract.

If we get 1.5 we have done well. He should go with everyone's blessing and I personally hope he plays in the prem at some point in his career.

Very surprised if we get 1.5m considering he only has 12 months left on his contract.

Very surprised if we get 1.5m considering he only has 12 months left on his contract.

If we have been rejecting bids of 850k I think we will probably be expecting something close to that though. Perhaps a million, plus a sell on fee percentage and any clauses owed to Barnet paid? Something along those lines would represent good value for money.

No hard feelings at all, probably best that we try and move him on early so that we can make further moves in the transfer market.

Met Adomah once in Bedminster, came across as a nice guy, stopped to chat for a couple of minutes, big smile and shook my hand. Hope that he gets a good move but above all I hope that the club get a good price for him with decent add ons.

Well, yes you can. He'd expect the club to honour his contract so why can't he? If he wanted the option of moving on now then he should have signed a shorter contract - and we'd have been paying him less all last year as a consequence.

When he signed his extension, were we not in a better situation than the end of last season? I can't remember when he exactly signed it. He seemed to have signed in the thought of us climbing the table and progressing and it didn't work out - that's football! He signed and committed to the club; it's double standards to say he should honour his contract because Maynard was running his down and people heckled him for it?

Good luck to Albert I say, hope he makes the premier league one day.

Why would we sell for any less particularly given the sell on? Better to just keep him than accept a low bid.

I'm constantly amazed by how our own fans continually talk down the prices of our best players in situations like this.

Haha, I love that when Albert leaves its "I wish him all the best", "I respect him for handing in a transfer request" and when Skuse, a player that has given us his career, is abused!!! I really don't get it. What is the difference? Does Skuse not deserve to be playing at a higher standard? Did Skuse not deserve our respect?

Haha, I love that when Albert leaves its "I wish him all the best", "I respect him for handing in a transfer request" and when Skuse, a player that has given us his career, is abused!!! I really don't get it. What is the difference? Does Skuse not deserve to be playing at a higher standard? Did Skuse not deserve our respect?

Same posters right?

I would never knock any player who wants to move on to better himself. Only player that's left a bitter taste in my mouth in recent years was Maynard and that was purely because of the way he went about it, not the fact he wanted to move on.

Why should anyone have a grudge against Albert (or Skuse for that matter?) He's been arguably our best player for the last 3 years and has attracted interest from teams higher up than us. What professional wouldn't want to better themselves if possible?

Obviously he will be moving on and good luck to him, deserves it in my eyes.

Playing at a higher level is debatable in my eyes, and lots of others. Would never abuse a player for wanting to better himself though. Bert is a flair player, they have always been more popular to the masses, and suspect they always will be

It's football, 20 years ago I'd have been gutted, like when Walsh left.....no biggie now. Seen it all before, will see it again

Good luck to both at their new clubs next season

Another money orientated never will be no doubt nudged by his parasite agent looking at pound signs. No loyalty, no shock

I am afraid this is a fact of life, we should enjoy the time he played for us. The days of a player spending all of his time at one club, then buying into a pub when he retired has long gone. Good luck Albert. :clapping:

Of course. Standard. I just don't get it. Just goes to show what a few step overs and cracking jokes on BCFC player does.

How do you know these are the same people saying this? Please out these people.

It's a forum, lots of things get said by many people, I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion it's the same people.

I never rated Skuse that highly and was not bothered either way if he stayed or went, if the best we can say about Skuse is he had a good engine then It won't be much of a miss.

Albert showed a bit of flair in a team that was painfully boring to watch, he may not be the best around, but my god, without him having a run at the opposition the ball wouldn't have crossed the half way line.

When you consider Albert is involved in an international squad with important games in the autumn they need to win to qualify for the World cup, it's hardly surprising he doesn't want to play in 3rd tier English football. Given SO'D's emphasis on passing through midfield rather than getting the ball out wide, he doesn't fit in to the manager's style anyway.

Good luck to the bloke. Anyone who criticises him either haven't thought it through or aren't capable of thinking it through.

Archived