IGNORED

Refreshments Got A Category 4 Scoring

charlie_adam_no1fan

Mystifies me as well.

Why can't people can't go without a bit of grub or a drink between 3pm and 5pm ?

Seems a bit daft, queuing for gods knows how long for stuff I wouldn't give to the dog - and then complaining about it, then doing it again, and again. Just don't buy the rubbish and eat before or after the game. Or is that too simple ?

Takes all sorts I spose.

I love the assumption that we're talking about afternoon games here - not about fans rushing straight from work.

Anyway, regardless of whether people have to eat at the ground or not, why is the club justified in producing overpriced sh1te, grudgingly served?

The catering has been overpriced and of poor quality ever since Lindleys took over which is approximately 8-10 years. Only recently has any attempt been made to improve things and that after numerous complaints from fans over the entire time of the Lindleys franchise.

Why has it taken so long?

Lindley's have taken over at the Glos County Ground and - guess what? The food's gone downhill there, too :(

There are some realy thick people working in the kiosks its no wonder we scored badly.

I went to buy a pasty once about 5 years ago. The girl serving was trying to get it out the oven using her bare hands strugling as it was piping hot. I asked her why she didnt use the tongs next to her. 'Cant' she said. 'Theyre for the pies'.

What!!!.

It then struck me that she had been shown the tongs and been told to use them for the pies, as in pies as ageneral term for anything made out of pastry. She was just too thick to realise that.

There are some realy thick people working in the kiosks its no wonder we scored badly.

I went to buy a pasty once about 5 years ago. The girl serving was trying to get it out the oven using her bare hands strugling as it was piping hot. I asked her why she didnt use the tongs next to her. 'Cant' she said. 'Theyre for the pies'.

What!!!.

It then struck me that she had been shown the tongs and been told to use them for the pies, as in pies as ageneral term for anything made out of pastry. She was just too thick to realise that.

Are you 100% sure that the tongs were not indeed for the pies only, and that the girl in question had not been threatened with having to eat a pastie if she dared to use them on anything other than a pie.That sort of threat could terrorise anybody..

I think you may owe her an apology.

Plus it's not nice to call people thick.

Agree three pound a pint in a football stadium is good in my opinion. Many drinkers in dolman bar towards the end of the season.

Not sure if due to price or drowning sorrows. A continuation of this is a good thing.

The stench of chip fat in that hall though is rancid.

Holding your breath looking at a tiny screen hoping your accumulator has legs, but then you remember you bet on city to boost the odds so you might as well rip it up there and then.

A hot dog and chips for £7 is not a "meal deal"

And now we know if you do eat that crap not only is it overpriced the "food" may have spent some time on the floor or decorated in spittle.

In this heat I'm sure some double dipping between ass cracks happens with those scrotum frankfurters (3% pork on a good day).

No wonder the eastend is full of KFC branded litter. Chicken and chips £2 no competition is it? even though I refuse to eat abused chicken.

Are you 100% sure that the tongs were not indeed for the pies only, and that the girl in question had not been threatened with having to eat a pastie if she dared to use them on anything other than a pie.That sort of threat could terrorise anybody..

I think you may owe her an apology.

Plus it's not nice to call people thick.

Ok perhaps mentally challanged should have been more appropriate. yes perhaps the tongs were for the exclusive use of pies and im doing her a disservice and she was just putting in an employee of the month performance by doing as her manager asked of her.

It's quite obvious from comments here that the. "Food experience", to use management-speak is totally unsatisfactory.

So why is no one doing anything about it?

People will accept expensive good food - see FGR and BR FC.

People will accept cheap sh1te - see McDonalds.

People will NOT accept expensive sh1te - see AG catering.

Anyone care to guess how much income AG is losing through its catering policy? Has anyone on the Board ever eaten what's on offer on the Dolman?

Archived