IGNORED

Little Legend! Made I Laugh

WolfOfWestStreet

Why people can't separate football from politics amazes me. If the lyrics to the song were political you have a point but they're the most innocent lyrics of any song ever. If you judge a club by a small group of its fans then we should hate every club in the world. As usual though, stereotypes are formed on the loud majority. Most people who cram into Celtic Park are there to watch their local team, and produce arguably the best atmosphere of any British team, especially on Old Firm/champions league matches. Time we were the bigger men/women and instead of being provoked by the green brigades anti poppy messages etc, meerly ignored them. Don't fuel their fire etc.

Why people can't separate football from politics amazes me. If the lyrics to the song were political you have a point but they're the most innocent lyrics of any song ever. If you judge a club by a small group of its fans then we should hate every club in the world. As usual though, stereotypes are formed on the loud majority. Most people who cram into Celtic Park are there to watch their local team, and produce arguably the best atmosphere of any British team, especially on Old Firm/champions league matches. Time we were the bigger men/women and instead of being provoked by the green brigades anti poppy messages etc, meerly ignored them. Don't fuel their fire etc.

Exactly. This, unlike many of their others, is solely a football song that would help to bring a great atmosphere to the gate, as it does at Celtic park. I know many Celtic fans and none, not one supports them for any other reason than it being their local club or the club they had been brought up supporting. No need for politics in sport. Only on here could the beginning of this thread turn into what it has become

Nothing the anti British green brigade do should be welcome here. many of us have family members and friends in the services.

Yawn, give it a rest, the troubles thankfully are way behind us, their are also some on here who have ancestors butchered by members of the services

I worked in the Netherlands, the reason they all speak such good English is that they import a huge percentage of their tv programmes. all the English and American stuff gets shown with Dutch subtitles, they make very little tv of their own, just politics or news programmes really. They learn from an early age to speak English or they have to face a lifetime of reading subtitles.

Of all the Europeans I have come across the Dutch are high on my list as great, friendly, wonderful people.

Would you like salt and vinegar on that chip?

I wouldn't describe a family member never recovering from active service a chip. You are right about keeping politics away from City I said the same thing about rangers and penny arcade. In the case of the green brigade the uhh go beyond chips they go into open loathing with tifo displays v another nation. That is something to not imitate in chants or anything else.

I wouldn't describe a family member never recovering from active service a chip. You are right about keeping politics away from City I said the same thing about rangers and penny arcade. In the case of the green brigade the uhh go beyond chips they go into open loathing with tifo displays v another nation. That is something to not imitate in chants or anything else.

I think we get the point you are pro-rangers and support similar values.

What I don't understand is your need to turn a thread about a football song into talk about injured servicemen and I think I even saw nazis mentioned. What's that all about?

Bristol Cityt has nothing to do with this archaic political rivalry between two different communites in Glasgow. And in my opinion long may that continue.

Mods can you lock this tread it's ******* boring and completely off topic.

I think we get the point you are pro-rangers and support similar values.

What I don't understand is your need to turn a thread about a football song into talk about injured servicemen and I think I even saw nazis mentioned. What's that all about?

Bristol Cityt has nothing to do with this archaic political rivalry between two different communites in Glasgow. And in my opinion long may that continue.

Mods can you lock this tread it's ******* boring and completely off topic.

I wouldn't like to see City fans singing penny arcade because of its association. so I certainly wouldn't want to see City fans copying a group who revel in something you call call archaic yourself. You might want to check the green brigades views on the services, terrorism then think about is it just a football song. No need for any of that here.

Archived